IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

On 6/12/2016 at 8:35 PM, Koala said:

Always Learning FB:

*Blah, blah, blah, ZOMG, BoycottTarget, blah, blah, blah* <---Translation

Reader:

Lori:

Quick someone...give her some ideas!  If Target keeps selling Pride shirts she's going to have to hop in her used Mercedes and flee her home (with a view of the ocean) in search of another land.

I hear Eritrea is nice this time of year.

On 6/15/2016 at 9:46 AM, wikinggirl said:

And did she ask the girls if they wanted to be on her blog? Probably not! 

Right?  I'm sure the parents of these minor-age girls would be thrilled to know that a grown adult woman is slagging them on a public blog and has published their photos without permission.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the picture of her family, Alyssa's dress looks like it is a very similar style to that of the girls on the homecoming court.  Her dress is also sleeveless with small straps.  Her straps appear to be slightly thicker, and it's made out of a different material since it's not a formal gown, but those are the only differences that I can see.  What a hypocrite - it's ok for her children, but not for others. 

25 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

In the picture of her family, Alyssa's dress looks like it is a very similar style to that of the girls on the homecoming court.  Her dress is also sleeveless with small straps.  Her straps appear to be slightly thicker, and it's made out of a different material since it's not a formal gown, but those are the only differences that I can see.  What a hypocrite - it's ok for her children, but not for others. 

Just about everything is okay for her children--and her--but not for others.:my_dodgy:

What is a going-away mentality? It is the mentality that we need an abundance of social activities that make us run hither and yon to have a good time and do fun things. It means going shopping, mostly just to see what is there and to have something to do. It means going to see a friend, even though we just saw her last evening in church. Sometimes it means committee meetings, birthday surprises, baby showers, Tupperware parties, or something similar. We are restless and discontent unless we have somewhere to go. This mentality gnaws at family life a little like a dog gnaws at a bone, and soon nothing is left.

I bet the attendees to the double BABY SHOWER Lori hosted less than a month ago could have saved a lot of $$$ if they'd know coming would destroy their families.  

I'm sure if I knew Lori in real life I'd be wishing she would stay at home more often. :pb_biggrin: 

And Biblical SuperWife (from Proverbs 31) "brings her food from afar". Or does that not count because it isn't in Titus 2? 

7 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Here is the thing...is she sure he has never had an affair? who would be surprised that with all of Ken's traveling and how miserable they make each other that he hasn't cheated? No evidence just a thought....she is so focused on women never leaving even if there is an affair......

I wouldn't be surprised if Ken has had an affair and Lori knows but pretends that the affair never happened. I could see Ken blaming her and of course, she turned to Pearl crap and other fundie crap for advice and then starts preaching to never leave your husband.

I bet husbands are not expected to stay with wives who have affairs, in the Gospel According to Lori. 

Oh, and I don't believe for one second that Ken has kept all his lovin' for Lori. 

1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

I bet husbands are not expected to stay with wives who have affairs, in the Gospel According to Lori. 

Oh, and I don't believe for one second that Ken has kept all his lovin' for Lori.

I agree, she would probably rant that women who cheat on their husbands were disrespectful and the husbands should leave them.

If Ken did indeed cheat on Lori, I suspect the reason she didn't leave was monetary reasons. I think Ken would have been a huge dick during divorce proceedings and settlements.

someone should ask her if ken has ever had an affair. How quickly she deletes the comment should be telling...

It would have been terrible! Thankfully, he has never had an affair

There really is something odd about that whole post and Lori having to state that Ken never had an affair.  I can't think of another woman who has said or written those words.

It's like the time Cabinet Man was on here screaming "I am not an abuser!" And we were all like, "umm....why do you even feel the need to say that??"  *red flag*

I think the next time I introduce my husband to someone I'll say "this is my husband, USMCDAD.  He's never had an affair." 

It seems so, well... "My husband never had an affair so I don't really know what i'm talking about.... but listen, you ladies whose husbands did have an affair, it's your duty to forgive and forget... I know this is for the better because it would be so hard to get divorced and live on a smaller income." 

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It seems so, well... "My husband never had an affair so I don't really know what i'm talking about.... but listen, you ladies whose husbands did have an affair, it's your duty to forgive and forget... I know this is for the better because it would be so hard to get divorced and live on a smaller income."

Yup that and getting a divorce might force the woman to become an ebil working woman.

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Yup that and getting a divorce might force the woman to become an ebil working woman.

Well, putting up with your husband screwing around and bringing home shit AJAX can't scrub off is one thing, but getting a job is another thing entirely.  Can you imagine if she had to leave her computer home...and work???

*and she was just taken to task in the comments on FB...It was beautiful.  Bet she'll delete it*

On June 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM, louisa05 said:

We teach confirmation at our church and our previous director was very uptight about confirmation dresses not being sleeveless. In late April or early May. Everyone constantly told her that junior dresses that 8th grade girls actually want to wear that are seasonally appropriate are almost all sleeveless. She would not bend. Most of the girls last year ended up wearing sweaters over their dresses for the mass. I was wearing a sleeveless dress which she looked all askance at, I did not care. 

Thankfully, we now have a new director who said sleeveless is not a hill we should be dying on or wasting our time arguing with teens and parents about. They still ask that dresses not be too short and no spaghetti straps or strapless. 

Even worse than that, the parish I worked in demanded for years that 8th grade girls wear pantyhose and closed toed shoes to confirmation. A 70-something woman was in charge and that was the appropriate attire in her day and she saw no need to change it now. That policy was a yearly nightmare for the 8th grade theology teacher at the school who was in charge of the school kids being confirmed (the elderly lady was in charge of the parish kids who went to public school and for whatever reason got to call all the shots). 

Dress codes have to be reasonable enough that people can actually find clothes that meet their requirements, and for teens especially, should be aware enough of current fashion so that they are comfortable in their skin. Especially at these meaningful life events. But I know that that is not a common view, especially within church/religious circles. 

About ten years ago, the girls in my niece's First Communion class were told "no sleeveless dresses." She had wanted to wear the sleeveless white satin dress I'd made her to wear as my daughter's flower girl the previous summer, so I painstakingly made a matching short-sleeved bolero jacket to wear over it. 

When we got to the church, most of the girls were decked out in--you guessed it--sleeveless dresses. It turned out that the male director of religious ed really meant "no spaghetti straps." So I busted my butt for nothing--though the bolero came out really cute and I certainly didn't begrudge my niece something special.

Someone on my friends list shared from Lori's page. About wives not expecting men to do work because that's unhealthy.

oh I had such high hopes for this friend.

The tone of her TTUAC "study" has taken a very sinister turn in my opinion.

From last Monday's post:

Children that are properly spanked in a context of love and goodwill are purged of their ugliness and become lovely in the sight of adults who then dote on them, brag on what "good kids they are," and take great pleasure in their presence.

From this weeks post:

Fairly quickly in a child's life, they know when they have done wrong and if they are not properly disciplined for it, they will have guilt since it is the soul knowing itself and not liking what it sees.* Guilt will continue to grow knowing they have done wrong and eventually it will turn into self-loathing where they will want to hurt themselves as punishment in order to relieve themselves from the guilt. 

No child can be led from a pit of self-condemnation by heaping empty praise on him...Unresolved guilt lowers self-esteem to the point where one does not expect to do other than fail.* This is when the self-cutting and even breaking their bones begins. They are so disgusted with themselves and their guilt runs so deep, that they hurt themselves in hopes of ridding themselves of the guilt. 

I have known grown women do this to themselves. They didn't have parents who loved them enough to discipline them properly and in love. The guilt-burdened soul cries out for the lashes and nails of justice.* Does any parent believe this is better for a child than spankings properly administered? 

We all know people who struggle with these issues. Most undoubtedly, they were raised by parents who didn't love them enough to discipline them and help them get rid of their guilt and teach them self-control. Their methods for raising them only made their guilt deeper and more harmful.God has provided parents with the position and the tools to purge children of their guilt and prevent self-loathing from taking hold*

This is where the rod comes in. God's Word tells us "withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beateth him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell" {Proverbs 23:13, 14}. The properly administered spanking is restorative as nothing else can be...You theologians should understand that we are not suggesting that a parent's chastisement in any way redeems the souls of the child. But purging the emotions of guilt is a wonderful tool that enables the matured child to understand the atonement of Christ.*When a child is properly trained to know good and evil and sense the relief, after a spanking and being loved, of being relieved of guilt, when they grow up, they will more than likely desire the complete cleansing the Lord offers to all those who believe in Him and His finished work on the cross. 

Lori Alexander is vile.  Vile and sick.

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

This is when the self-cutting and even breaking their bones begins. They are so disgusted with themselves and their guilt runs so deep, that they hurt themselves in hopes of ridding themselves of the guilt. 

No, Lori, self-harm has nothing to do with someone being so sinful that they can't help but punish themselves. You're an idiot. And a dangerous one to boot. It hurts me to think that one of your readers may have a self-harming child and that they may decide to "spank harder" in order to "rid their child of the guilt."

Fuck you and your horse of truth.

ETA: a reader points out that Lori is wrong. Wonder how long this comment will last? 

Sometimes cutting stems from a person who has been terriblly abused. They have become numb and they want to feel some pain - for them pain is reality. They need to feel something. Of course it's not the answer, but some people have been through so much horribleness that they can't logically process their emotions.

Also, this reader is absolutely, 100 percent correct. "You bleed just to know you're alive."

eta 2: Also, the cutting/harming (because it's not always cutting) releases the body's own natural painkillers, which means that it can have a calming effect on you. It's a coping mechanism that people use to get through whatever they're dealing with. It's not a healthy coping mechanism, but it's what is used to survive. Lori can't imagine that because the pampered princess has never known a day of difficulty in her life. 

First comment is up.  Let's see what she says:

Sometimes cutting stems from a person who has been terriblly abused. They have become numb and they want to feel some pain - for them pain is reality. They need to feel something. Of course it's not the answer, but some people have been through so much horribleness that they can't logically process their emotions.

Lori's attitude in a nutshell: "When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Many, many people of my parents' generation and before romanticized corporal punishment as something that all kids, deep down inside, not only needed but wanted.

My mother was a champion belt-swinger, but once told us, when we were adults, how often she "held back." We burst into laughter and she was shocked--we cited events to her, and she cried, claiming no recollection of them, virtually accusing us of lying.

In the house I grew up in, there was no greater sin than inconveniencing our mother, so there was almost no connection between doing something that was actually wrong and getting whaled on. If she were in a good mood, she'd let things slide--if she weren't, God help us.

Lori's parenting also seemed highly centered on "whatever is easiest/best for Lori". She seems to have a very hard time fathoming that anyone would take the time to actually parent, when they could just pull out a leather strap and rule by fear.

Is she really saying that young women who cut themselves do so because they weren't spanked enough?

Self injury often has to do with a need to exert control over pain in life when the individual has lost all sense of control: "I can't control that pain, but I can control this pain."

Lori is damaging people's souls. I don't say this lightly, but she is spiritually abusive. I feel so bad for her daughters.

Yep.  Lori Alexander is still a toxic, hate spewing mess.  LOL at any posts of hers about how bad being bitter is for people.  Look in the mirror, lady.  I really fear for any young women who ever get caught in her cross hairs.  

1 hour ago, molecule said:

Is she really saying that young women who cut themselves do so because they weren't spanked enough?

Self injury often has to do with a need to exert control over pain in life when the individual has lost all sense of control: "I can't control that pain, but I can control this pain."

Lori is damaging people's souls. I don't say this lightly, but she is spiritually abusive. I feel so bad for her daughters.

I agree with this. She has shown about how abusive and cruel she is in previous blog entries. She doesn't try to do some decent research on why certain mental health issues occur. Sometime back she said that people have eating disorders for attention, despite many people with eating disorders hiding their conditions. She seriously needs to lay off commenting on various mental and physical health issues. Lori is a piece of shit.

I knew the answer even before I read it:

Baybeez.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived