IGNORED

Donald Trump- Part 2

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, Mecca said:

It is disturbing to see a room full of "religious" people clap and cheer for a man that stands for bigotry, racism, misogyny, hatred, greed, and narcissism. Pretty sure the Jesus they follow would not be too happy about all that.

They follow the "Jesus" that suits them.  And for most, that's a blond Jesus who distrusts and dislikes dark skinned people as much as they do.  Who judges women as they do, especially the "fat, ugly pigs" who annoy them for daring to assert themselves.  A Jesus who would have loved guns and feared and hated people who didn't believe as they did.  As anyone with an asshole racist cousin or uncle on Facebook knows, his rise gives these people license to be open about what they really think. 

Trump himself isn't real.   His rhetoric  however, is a symptom of what is wrong with this country.  Even if he is defeated we are still going to have to deal with his awful supporters for the foreseeable future. So it's not enough for Hillary Clinton to simply defeat him.  Because they're all we've got, it's time now for the Democrats to expose his supporters for what they really are.  Again and again and again.

Here's hoping Elizabeth Warren is the choice for VP.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They follow the "Jesus" that suits them.  

Your post reminded me of the quote from Anne Lamott; “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

11 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They follow the "Jesus" that suits them.  And for most, that's a blond Jesus who distrusts and dislikes dark skinned people as much as they do.  Who judges women as they do, especially the "fat, ugly pigs" who annoy them for daring to assert themselves.  A Jesus who would have loved guns and feared and hated people who didn't believe as they did.  As anyone with an asshole racist cousin or uncle on Facebook knows, his rise gives these people license to be open about what they really think.

A few years ago Tim Kreider made up this for his comic The Pain - When Will it End which pretty much sums up the difference between Jesus of the New Testament and Jeezus that too many Americans blindly follow;

JesusVJeezus.jpg

thepaincomics.com/weekly050504a.htm

I think he nailed it there.  I honestly believe the Jeezus these reich wing idiots try to force everyone else to worship has little or nothing to do with the Jesus of the New Testament. 

I didn't get that TheDonald is actually religious. People are going to make money writing books about all of this. How do you create jobs? As for Mrs. Clinton, what is her universal health care stuff. All we will get is the yelling and screaming. I guess. 

Anyway, there is a nice show on HGTV that I like called Good Bones set in Indianapolis starring a mother and daughter redoing really old and crappy houses. I grew up in Indiana, so that is something I like. And they don't fight. Ha ha. 

I haven't been here for a while.. very busy at with work.  I hadn't been working at all, in fact ; was trying to be retired but finances are not cooperating).  Anyway . . . . 

This may well have been posted on Free Jinger already - apologies in advance for my not searching the site very thoroughly. Or at all.  

There's an ad just out last week that is going to run in seven battleground states.  It was developed by a SuperPac supporting Hillary.  

It is entitled "Grace" and I think it is absolutely compelling, maybe even more so than the earlier ad featuring women speaking some of the awful things Donald has said about women over the years.  

I would love to get people's opinions regarding this ad.   When my husband first saw it last week, he literally was brought to tears (rare for him).  

Trump revoked the Washington Post's press credentials. Freedom of the press is not part of the Second Amendment, so I doubt this matters to his supporters.

"They have no journalistic integrity and write falsely about Mr. Trump," his campaign said in a statement explaining the decision. "Mr. Trump does not mind a bad story, but it has to be honest."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-media-idUSKCN0YZ2DA

25 minutes ago, Ali said:

"They have no journalistic integrity and write falsely about Mr. Trump," his campaign said in a statement explaining the decision. "Mr. Trump does not mind a bad story, but it has to be honest."

too bad donald can't be as honest as he wants everyone else to be.

Please make this not true.

A Real Clear Politics segment with the creator of Dilbert claiming that he's pretty sure Donald Trump will win by a landslide.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/05/28/dilbert_creator_scott_adams_to_bill_maher_donald_trump_will_win_election_in_a_landslide.html

Because people are fucking stupid.

Few things, new to this post. 

1. I am young and on fb most political things I've seen are in support of Sanders. And I am one of the few Clinton supporters. I had an open mind to Sanders, but there was something that made me not consider voting for him. Someone mentioned that his revolution is mostly white and I agree, and I also think he is elitist (I don't think he realizes this) and that's why I ultimately wouldn't join the revolution

I see that his supports go after Hillary for being elite, but they fail to see Sanders next to her on that ivory tower.  

Idk if I make sense, but I see the same elitism of his campaign to that of the no on pro 8 in CA. Both talk about rights for everyone, but really its really for white people. When prop 8 passed, I was shocked, but later I realized that people of color were somewhat excluded. Same w Bernie, I feel that the outreach to nonwhite communities was too late. 

Also I saw how in the early statesHillary was focusing on the voters and doing in small groups and Bernie went for the bigger concert sized groups. That didn't work in 08 and Hillary adjusted this campaign, but somehow the Bernie supporters took it as Hillary not doing so good w her campaign.

I think a lot of Bernie's supporters want what we had with Obama in 08, but I think that was once in a lifetime experience. 

I was disgusted w Bernie wanting to debate Donnie boy. Hillary had more votes than him and more pledged delegates than Bernie, but if it was the other way around and Hillary wanted to debate Donnie boy, Sanders supporters would be upset.

Last week we said no to Bernie and he said that he wanted our votes to matter, but since we said no to him he still wants to continue. I lost the respect that I had for him.

With Don the con, I will only say this (for right now). He is becoming Erdogan and he is trying to change this country the way Erdogan  is changing Turkey.  

Sorry for my non coherent rant. I haven't really expressed it  out loud and I know I'm not the only young Hillary supporter, even though my Facebook would say otherwise.

35 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Please make this not true.

A Real Clear Politics segment with the creator of Dilbert claiming that he's pretty sure Donald Trump will win by a landslide.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/05/28/dilbert_creator_scott_adams_to_bill_maher_donald_trump_will_win_election_in_a_landslide.html

Because people are fucking stupid.

I would definitely take that article with a grain of salt. I don't think Trump will win, and if he doesn't I don't see any way it could happen by a landslide. He's offended too many people. 

Here's an article that breaks down why Trump's path to the White House is a narrow one: 

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e692fe22419d452ead58fb0247eb4a49/road-270-donald-trump-faces-uphill-climb-white-house

13 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I would definitely take that article with a grain of salt. I don't think Trump will win, and if he doesn't I don't see any way it could happen by a landslide. He's offended too many people. 

Here's an article that breaks down why Trump's path to the White House is a narrow one: 

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e692fe22419d452ead58fb0247eb4a49/road-270-donald-trump-faces-uphill-climb-white-house

I agree with taking the article with a grain of salt. I have seen analysis of how he could possible win if he won certain battleground states and turned certain blue states. Johnson and/or Stein could play a role in this election.

Re: pulling the Washington Post's credentialing:  Sure hope other journalists are very, very generous to WaPo in terms of sharing video, data, quotations.

Suspect that Trump will eventually walk this one back---it gives him a chance to pound his chest and be all tough with the Ebil Librul Biased Media.  Can you imagine if he's elected, and refuses credentials to the paper of record in DC?

A meme and accompanying rant from one of my cousins on social media basically informs the world that we can't call Trump racist because Republicans voted in favor of the 13th Amendment in 1865. 

:my_angry:

We really need to start teaching relevant, recent history in this country. There is no way this guy has ever heard of or has any knowledge about the shift in the GOP when they employed the "Southern Strategy" for the sake of an electoral advantage. Because we never bother to get that far when we teach American history. 

That is SO aggravating.  Just because the names flipped places didn't mean the ideals did.  If each side were labeled what they really were (progressive or conservative) there would be a huge difference. 

I just saw on the TeeVee that Mrs. Clinton is up by 12 points in a general election poll. That is quite a jump from the last poll I saw. I cannot imagine he can possibly win. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I just saw on the TeeVee that Mrs. Clinton is up by 12 points in a general election poll. That is quite a jump from the last poll I saw. I cannot imagine he can possibly win. 

It's not about the popular vote, but about a handful of swing states. Never underestimate stupidity.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/06/poll-trump-leads-in-4-bellwether-counties-224344

I mean, I do very much hope that Clinton will win big, but I won't feel reassured until the final results of the election day are here.

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

A meme and accompanying rant from one of my cousins on social media basically informs the world that we can't call Trump racist because Republicans voted in favor of the 13th Amendment in 1865.. 

Wasn't there something in Breitbart to that effect?

Anyway, I do NOT call Donald Trump a racist.  I think honest people should challenge that particular slur. A racist (noun) is someone who believes one particular race is superior to another.

"Mexican" is not a race. "Muslim" is not a race. Those labels refer to national origin or religious identity.

Rather than give him any chance to play the "oh, I'm so persecuted and misquoted!" card, may I suggest use of other, more appropriate terms? "Xenophobic lying bigoted bully of a demogogue", maybe----but not "racist".

Oh, there's a delightful article from a blog in the non-credentialed Washington Post concerning fair press coverage for Trump: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2016/06/14/how-to-cover-donald-trump-fairly-a-style-guide/

On 6/13/2016 at 9:54 PM, RoseWilder said:

Nothing about this election cycle has been predictable, so I don't think we can go on things that helped us predict the election in the past. I prefer to look at polls that tell us what's happening in the swing states as a whole: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/battleground-states-clinton-trump-224202

On a lighter note...Ann Coulter has compared Trump's sputtering and ranting about Orlando as a "Churchillian speech" on Twitter. 

Which Churchill does she mean? Did Winston have an ill-behaved dog? 

10 hours ago, louisa05 said:

A meme and accompanying rant from one of my cousins on social media basically informs the world that we can't call Trump racist because Republicans voted in favor of the 13th Amendment in 1865. 

:my_angry:

We really need to start teaching relevant, recent history in this country. There is no way this guy has ever heard of or has any knowledge about the shift in the GOP when they employed the "Southern Strategy" for the sake of an electoral advantage. Because we never bother to get that far when we teach American history. 

Yeah that's the favorite excuse of local conservatives around here, that because they're Republicans they're not racist because Republicans fought to abolish slavery.  All while trying to figure out new ways to call the President a racial slur in a way that won't get them banned from the comments section of the local newspaper.  And they jam their fingers in their rather empty heads to the point that the fingers are touching when people try to explain to them that those Republicans would today be at the least very liberal Republicans and most of them would be moderate Democrats.  They don't listen when people try to explain to them how the Republican party became the home of the racists and other jackbooted shitheads over 50 years ago.

53 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

On a lighter note...Ann Coulter has compared Trump's sputtering and ranting about Orlando as a "Churchillian speech" on Twitter. 

Which Churchill does she mean? Did Winston have an ill-behaved dog? 

Ugh.  This whole thing is bringing all the nasty reich wingers out of the woodwork.  Cruz, Trump, various reich wing religious whackos, etc. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived