IGNORED

Donald Trump- Part 2

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Or Chris Christie . . . 

Or Paul LePage . . . 

Or for that matter, Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin is kind of miffed about it, she isn't attending the convention.  Personally, I couldn't see and Trump campaigning together because of their respective egos.  As to LePage or Christie, I personally didn't think they would have gotten the VP slot (too close geographically to New York).  However, Pence is an asshole, but he is the asshole from the heartland designed to balance the ticket.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-sarah-palin-republican-convention-225541

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God he didn't pick Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama. He was in the running. Sen. Sessions is an asshole of the highest order.

10 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

asshole of the highest order.

That seems to describe an unfortunate number of politicians.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Thank God he didn't pick Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama. He was in the running. Sen. Sessions is an asshole of the highest order.

Unfortunately that description also applies to Pence. 

Y'all don't understand. Jeff Sessions is a flaming racist. If he could, he would turn back time to a pre-Jim Crow period. As bad as the things Trump has said, Jeff Sessions would think Trump is too soft.

Y'all don't understand. Jeff Sessions is a flaming racist. If he could, he would turn back time to a pre-Jim Crow period. As bad as the things Trump has said, Jeff Sessions would think Trump is too soft.

That's horrible. Unfortunately, here in Indiana, Pence has been working to set both our reproductive rights and LGBT rights back decades. 

It's absolutely sickening that so many of these hate-filled sexist/homophobic/racist candidates are getting voted into office. It's heartbreaking. 

Sessions is also very much anti-LGBT+ and reproductive rights.

I feel like I should share these nice things that @SpoonfulOSugar made me, in case anyone feels the spirit indicating that they need to have an anti-trump avatar too.

IMG_2016-07-14 20:21:07.jpg

IMG_2016-07-14 20:21:25.jpg

Sessions is also very much anti-LGBT+ and reproductive rights.

Well how charming. So far, as far as I know, Pence hasn't openly expressed any racism. But I've never met anyone who was homophobic and sexist who wasn't also racist, so I'm sure it's lurking under there somewhere. 

The state of the election, and the state of our country, is really depressing me tonight. I guess that means it's time for me to go donate to Hillary's campaign again. 

Well, they don't call Alabama Talibama for nothing. It's ass backwards as hell here.

RBG was unusually open in saying her opinion re Trump.

In the past week, Ginsburg has made a series of comments about the Republican presidential candidate that were unusually frank for a sitting Supreme Court justice. 

On Tuesday, she told CNN that Trump was a “faker.”

“He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego,” Ginsburg said. “How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that.”

In a New York Times interview published over the weekend, Ginsburg said, “I can’t imagine what the country would be ― with Donald Trump as our president.” She also noted that her late husband would have joked that “it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

And last week, when asked by The Associated Press about a potential Trump presidency, Ginsburg said, “I don’t want to think about that possibility.”

And while the world claps Trump throws a tantrum because Supreme Court judges can criticise only Obama. 

On Tuesday, Trump described Ginsburg as a “disgrace to the court” and demanded an apology, according to The New York Times. But by evening, he apparently decided an apology wasn’t enough and called on her to retire. 

Screenshot_2016-07-15-08-11-55.png

He clearly wants exclusive rights on dumb statements. 

5 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

RBG was unusually open in saying her opinion re Trump.

And while the world claps Trump throws a tantrum because Supreme Court judges can criticise only Obama. 

Screenshot_2016-07-15-08-11-55.png

He clearly wants exclusive rights on dumb statements. 

So when the Donald makes very dumb political statements, his mind is also shot and he should withdraw from the election?  

10 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

So when the Donald makes very dumb political statements, his mind is also shot and he should withdraw from the election?  

Well that's usually the norm. Trump's arrogance though got rid of good sense.

Sorry Donny Boy, you pissed off the wrong person. Hell will freeze over before Justice Ginsburg issues an apology.

56 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Sorry Donny Boy, you pissed off the wrong person. Hell will freeze over before Justice Ginsburg issues an apology.

Justice Ginsberg has now done so. Please note: Nobody - most especially me, who despises Trump - is saying that her opinion of Trump was wrong. However - and she is correct - her public statement was wrong for a Supreme Court justice, who is supposed to exhibit neutrality. Her current statement shows that she has the very good quality of being able to say, "I was wrong and I am sorry."

Aside: Any human being who cannot say "I was wrong and I am sorry" - well, needs to work on learning how to do this.

From the very beginning, I did not think that Trump really wanted to be President . I thought it was just an ego driven effort. After all, he cannot just point and fire members of Congress , and there are those pesky checks and balances built into our system of government. I truly hope he says never mind, just kidding. Just in case, I will be voting at the earliest possible opportunity and will encourage everyone to do the same. I waa feeling the Bern, but its Hillary all the way now. Its time for a female President anyway.

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

After all, he cannot just point and fire members of Congress , and there are those pesky checks and balances built into our system of government. I truly hope he says never mind, just kidding.

I hate to keep saying it, but Maine's governor is a pretty good prototype for a Trump presidency.  Paul LePage (R) has a litany of "dumb comments" that get him national attention regularly (but he just tells it like it is), he is a complete obstructionist with the legislative branch, he's intervened in lawsuits and issues in a way that is wholly inappropriate (he summoned worker's comp employees for a "come to Jesus" meeting on the behalf of business, he got a legislator fired before the job started, he got a volunteer leader removed from his position before a huge regional event), he is currently refusing to appoint a head for the Department of Education . . . 

On the one hand, I can say we have survived six years.  On the other, I am fearful.

48 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

From the very beginning, I did not think that Trump really wanted to be President . I thought it was just an ego driven effort. After all, he cannot just point and fire members of Congress , and there are those pesky checks and balances built into our system of government. I truly hope he says never mind, just kidding. Just in case, I will be voting at the earliest possible opportunity and will encourage everyone to do the same. I waa feeling the Bern, but its Hillary all the way now. Its time for a female President anyway.

I thought the exact same thing. Then he started winning primaries and caucuses and things changed. TBH I'm still not sure he really wants to be president, he just wants the power. But he's also got a short attention span, and if, by some horrible happenstance, he's elected to the office, I predict he'll resign, a la "Governor" Sarah Palin. His choice for VP is certainly odious, but he's someone with experience and conservative clout and approval, so Trump's positioned himself well to abandon ship and leave it to the second-string captain. I simply can't see him lasting four years. And may NONE of this ever come to pass. The thought of Trump winning the election literally makes me sick to my stomach.

9 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

@SpoonfulOSugar, your Governor sounds like a real tool and asswipe!

I need to compile a set of articles that I could share to support that.

He has been especially "complimentary" of public school teachers, mid-level state employees, the media . . . . 

Seriously.  I just don't know how to describe the idiocy that is leading the state.  

And.

Yet.

He was re-elected.

3 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

He has been especially "complimentary" of public school teachers, mid-level state employees, the media . . . . 

Seriously.  I just don't know how to describe the idiocy that is leading the state.  

And.

Yet.

He was re-elected.

I feel your pain.  Two words:  Rick Scott. 

AKA- the love child of Lord Voldemort and BatBoy.  Asshat extraordinaire.  Evil overlord who banned the phrase "climate change" in government positions.  In Florida.

I don't understand the mindset of people who vote for these kind of idiots.

10 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

And.

Yet.

He was re-elected.

A friend of mine lives in Portland (she's a labor organizer and teacher whose programs are constantly being cut, so you can imagine how she feels about him) and regales us with tales of LePage. Seriously, he sounds unhinged.

You have my deepest sympathies.

The Periods for Pence people are now directing their calls to the Trump campaign offices. 

I can't wait until all the crappy things Pence has done as Governor start making it into the national news. 

2 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

I feel your pain.  Two words:  Rick Scott. 

AKA- the love child of Lord Voldemort and BatBoy.  Asshat extraordinaire.  Evil overlord who banned the phrase "climate change" in government positions.  In Florida.

I don't understand the mindset of people who vote for these kind of idiots.

:clap:

I, too, live under the tyranny of Rick Scott. Currently the water in the canal outside my house has green algae floating in it thanks to US Sugar and our Governor's nicely lined pockets.

On a sadder note, you should see the commercials for the asshats who are running for state office in my district! They make Scott look like a reasonable, honest man.

In all seriousness, I have friends with a winter place in Belize. I've been asking them lots of questions about cost of living, immigration, etc. I'm not entirely joking when I say a Trump presidency may be the last straw for my time in the U.S.

They're ruining this state.  Crony politics are the worst.  I can't stand how they completely ignored the will of the voters with regards to the water in this state.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived