IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

Just now, actuallyjessica said:

i would even settle for a dress or a cotton scarf or something in the pattern of that lovely wallpaper.

EXACTLY!! I have dark hair, so yellow is a good color for me. And although I'm not as thin as Ashley I'd love a dress like her in the pattern of that wallpaper.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ophelia said:

EXACTLY!! I have dark hair, so yellow is a good color for me. And although I'm not as thin as Ashley I'd love a dress like her in the pattern of that wallpaper.

Her dress pattern is quite nice. Some of these fundies do have style, I'll give them that. It always makes me curious to wonder what wedding colours and styles they'll all end up going for.

Yes, some of them really have a great taste in fashion and I also think about stuff like their wedding style/color as well (I have no life obviously!!), but that makes them even more dangerous IMO. Like wolves in sheep's clothing.

2 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Yes, some of them really have a great taste in fashion and I also think about stuff like their wedding style/color as well (I have no life obviously!!), but that makes them even more dangerous IMO. Like wolves in sheep's clothing.

I can't speak to their colors, but I can picture Ashley wearing a sleeveless (not strapless) wedding dress.  She definitely will not wear a t-shirt dress.

Weddings are my guilty pleasure and I like fashion.  Fundie weddings fascinate me because I want to see how they apply their modesty standards to standard wedding apparel.

I have a feeling one of Ashley's qualities that the Bates love the most is what she does for their image. "Look! Nathan's dating a girl from New York. Liberal people live there! And look how hip she dresses and talks. See our kids are totally allowed be different"

I'm more partial to gold than yellow, blame the Preds. :my_biggrin:Although I love a pale yellow, I'd like to use it with a grey as wedding colors if I ever get married

6 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Wolves in sheep's clothing is a great expression and can be applied to many people, not just those heavily invested in a religion. There is always more to a person than what meets the eye, and unfortunately many people go to great lengths to hide their negative characteristics around others. For instance, my narcissistic father in law. He's all charm and smiles but then he gets tired and his charade and turns into the pig that he really is. What is those fundies say? Guard your heart? I'm sure that is an appropriate term for this. ;)

2 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I can't speak to their colors, but I can picture Ashley wearing a sleeveless (not strapless) wedding dress.  She definitely will not wear a t-shirt dress.

Weddings are my guilty pleasure and I like fashion.  Fundie weddings fascinate me because I want to see how they apply their modesty standards to standard wedding apparel.

Me too. I wonder how much say their future husbands have in their wedding dresses. For instance - Alyssa - her dress was a little less modest than Erin and Michael's heavily modified t-shirt wedding dresses. Was she allowed to do this because John was fine with it, or because her parents were?

9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I have a feeling one of Ashley's qualities that the Bates love the most is what she does for their image. "Look! Nathan's dating a girl from New York. Liberal people live there! And look how hip she dresses and talks. See our kids are totally allowed be different"

Eh, I don't buy her shtick at all.

7 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I'm more partial to gold than yellow, blame the Preds. :my_biggrin:Although I love a pale yellow, I'd like to use it with a grey as wedding colors if I ever get married

Great colour choices! Yellow and grey were on my list of colour combos for my wedding, however, the colours we chose were probably more appropriate for the season we were married in.

11 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I love a butter yellow with gray together.  I wish I could wear yellow, but warm colors look terrible on me.  

Should I get married, my wedding colors are ice blue and forest green (I want a winter theme).  And I already have the dress picked out (a friend sent me down a rabbit hole of wedding dresses).

12 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I love a butter yellow with gray together.  I wish I could wear yellow, but warm colors look terrible on me.  

Should I get married, my wedding colors are ice blue and forest green (I want a winter themebecause And I already have the dress picked out (a  friend sent me down a rabbit hole of wedding dresses).

When I hear of blue for a wedding color all I can think of is Alyssa's Malibu Blue. I have a wedding board on pinterest and no boyfriend. It's quite sad lol. I would love to have Jessa's wedding dress but in white. I tend to prefer modest dresses because  I hate showing my back. I'm so pale it's pathetic 

Ice blue is a lot different than malibu blue.  I know way too many people who choose some sort of blue as a wedding color.  My friend (who is a bridesmaid next month) has a turquoise dress ready to go.

This is my dress should I get married.  But in white not ivory (another color that looks terrible on me).  (I do question the source because it's one of those Chinese places).

http://www.jenjenhouse.com/A-Line-Princess-Square-Neckline-Court-Train-Lace-Wedding-Dress-With-Ruffle-Beading-Sequins-002004755-g4755

17 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Ice blue is a lot different than malibu blue.  I know way too many people who choose some sort of blue as a wedding color.  My friend (who is a bridesmaid next month) has a turquoise dress ready to go.

This is my dress should I get married.  But in white not ivory (another color that looks terrible on me).  (I do question the source because it's one of those Chinese places).

http://www.jenjenhouse.com/A-Line-Princess-Square-Neckline-Court-Train-Lace-Wedding-Dress-With-Ruffle-Beading-Sequins-002004755-g4755

Love the beading details!

I ordered custom sized bridesmaids dresses from one of those places - jjshouse, and they turned out wonderful. I was sitting on the edge of my seat and biting my nails to the bone until they arrived though!

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Judging from the various Sayler family public Instagrams, they were at her sister Mimi's house in Lancaster, PA, not the Bronx. That is a few hours closer for Nathan.

Ashley posted a pic of her & 2 of her sisters & said they all work 30+ hours a week in their home daycare center. What are the odds that any of them actually get paid?

Does Ashley ever freakin' shut her mouth?? She would drive me nuts.

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

When I hear of blue for a wedding color all I can think of is Alyssa's Malibu Blue. I have a wedding board on pinterest and no boyfriend. It's quite sad lol. I would love to have Jessa's wedding dress but in white. I tend to prefer modest dresses because  I hate showing my back. I'm so pale it's pathetic 

Alyssa's wedding colors were painfully tasteless.

9 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Does Ashley ever freakin' shut her mouth?? She would drive me nuts.

Ashley's talkimg really doesn't bother me that much.  Carlin is who grates my nerves more. I find her more tolerable lately though

Just now, Nashville92 said:

Ashley's talkimg really doesn't bother me that much.  Carlin is who grates my nerves more. I find her more tolerable lately though

I find Carlin much more tolerable. Ashley, even in snapshots, seems to be a try-hard.

Everyone in that family but Erin drives me nuts. I don't really understand why I can only stand her

17 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Alyssa's wedding colors were painfully tasteless.

Could we expect more from a kid who was probably living out her prom dreams in place of the only prom she was allowed to attend - her wedding. Sad. Just like Erin and Michael's marital bedrooms once they were fresh out of home - strewn with pink frills.

Her fashion sense has matured since then, and I think it'd be interesting to see what kind of wedding she would have now, if she could have a do-over. I know there are things I look back on from my wedding day and know that if I was going through the planning again, I would choose differently.

7 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Everyone in that family but Erin drives me nuts. I don't really understand why I can only stand her

She is the least annoying of them all, IMO. I could probably sit and have a visit with her without wanting to scream, the rest of them I don't think I could. 

On 5/14/2016 at 5:28 AM, Percy said:

I was a heavy coffee drinker until I become pregnant.  The smell would make me vomit, now a committed tea drinker 20 years later.

This was me. I was unable to drink any caffeinated beverage during pregnancy. The day after DDs delivery, I had a Box o' Joe brought to me. It was a long pregnancy, then she had the audacity to be 17 days late. 

41 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I find Carlin much more tolerable. Ashley, even in snapshots, seems to be a try-hard.

Just saw your new ranking. What does it say about me and my life that I'm both flattered and proud?

21 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

This was me. I was unable to drink any caffeinated beverage during pregnancy. The day after DDs delivery, I had a Box o' Joe brought to me. It was a long pregnancy, then she had the audacity to be 17 days late. 

I can't stomach decaf right now. I've switched to green tea or decaf tea. I miss having coffee in the morning, but something about the thought unsettles my tummy.

I had the WORST craving for vegetarian sushi yesterday. I couldn't bring myself to get any though - I'm too worried about cross contamination. Anxious Preggo. Table for one please. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Ashley reminds me of overly earnest summer undergrad interns who are convinced they will revolutionize their entire workplace in 8 weeks, and save the world by the time they are 22.

Do you guys remember how Erin used to talk before she got married? It was like nails on a chalkboard. That baby talk made me wince. She's really toned it down since she got married and had Carson but I still hear it on occasion and I get goose bumps. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do you guys remember how Erin used to talk before she got married? It was like nails on a chalkboard. That baby talk made me wince. She's really toned it down since she got married and had Carson but I still hear it on occasion and I get goose bumps. 

If you can stomach it, watch her wedding episode "Wedding Bells" on 19 Kids.  (5/6 are on YouTube).  She's definitely grown up since walking down the aisle.

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If fundies keep to themselves and do not believe in women having paying careers/jobs, who needs or uses a fundie daycare?

Aspirational fundies / evangelical Christians who buy into the mentality that women shouldn't work outside the home, but are doing it anyway out of financial necessity-- that is, until their MLM business takes off. 

Further evidence that my religious upbringing is a endless font of irony: I was raised by a single, working mother, yet was forced to attend churches where women like her were strongly criticized. The impression I always got is that the only time it's okay for a woman to work is if the alternative is the family living in a cardboard box somewhere, so there was a lot of part-timing and "gee, I wish I could stay home with the kids"-ing, with varying degrees of sincerity. 

I sometimes think that one of the key differences between conservative evangelical Christianity and IBLP et. al. is the extent to which grifting is frowned upon by the former. While giving emergency help to needy families happened frequently, long-term support of able-bodied adults who simply refused to work was never a thing in any of the churches I attended growing up. I aso don't ever recall the doctrine of only working for oneself, either. 

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

Where did you see that?

I saw a pic of her and her beau on his instagram profile pic.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived