IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

So the episode will introduce Bobby and Erin announcing her newest pregnancy all while celebrating I love you day (Valentine's Day). 

I wonder what Ashley needs to talk to them about. I bet it's something really silly or benign but they will make a big deal out of it. And we will all collectively roll our eyes. If there's one thing these fundies know how to do, it's to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So the episode will introduce Bobby and Erin announcing her newest pregnancy all while celebrating I love you day (Valentine's Day). 

I wonder what Ashley needs to talk to them about. I bet it's something really silly or benign but they will make a big deal out of it. And we will all collectively roll our eyes. If there's one thing these fundies know how to do, it's to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Maybe its permission to front hug. 

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe its permission to front hug. 

That ship has sailed.  They front hugged the shit out of each other in the courting episode.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Again if this were some other family I'd say pregnant. In their case maybe she's moving down to Batesville a la Binjerman Seewald?

50 minutes ago, sunshine said:

They could have kissed like Zach & Whit. :GPn0zNK::GPn0zNK:

we're not allowed to speculate on the sexuality of minors and those living at home.

32 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

we're not allowed to speculate on the sexuality of minors and those living at home.

I could be wrong (Mods feel free to correct), but I don't know if that necessarily falls under sexuality speculation. As far as I know, that rule is more for curbing speculation that X minor Fundie is gay - because that could possibly have serious consequences for the minor in question.

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

To be clear, I am referring to Nathan and Ashley. They could have kissed and need to come clean. 

I could be wrong (Mods feel free to correct), but I don't know if that necessarily falls under sexuality speculation. As far as I know, that rule is more for curbing speculation that X minor Fundie is gay - because that could possibly have serious consequences for the minor in question.

No, it does. I received warned about a certain Bates' mowing a certain Duggar's lawn.

Just giving a heads up.

To be clear, I am referring to Nathan and Ashley. They could have kissed and need to come clean. 

I know you were talking about Nathan and Ashley. However, according to the rules their sexual lives (or lack there of) are not to be speculated about while they are still living at home.

As per my warning just a few days ago. I wasn't aware of this until then, and I just thought it was speculation about any gay stuff.

4 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

No, it does. I received warned about a certain Bates' mowing a certain Duggar's lawn.

Just giving a heads up.

I know you were talking about Nathan and Ashley. However, according to the rules their sexual lives (or lack there of) are not to be speculated about while they are still living at home.

As per my warning just a few days ago. I wasn't aware of this until then, and I just thought it was speculation about any gay stuff.

Your comment about the lawn was very tone deef and out of place. The comment above is quite different

12 hours ago, sunshine said:

They could have kissed like Zach & Whit. :GPn0zNK::GPn0zNK:

I sure hope not because it is just extremely sad that two adults felt like they needed to do that. It shows how the family dynamic and the beliefs Zach was raised with really messed him up. 

It is probably something small, but they make it big for the show. It is going to be very, very staged. 

9 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Just giving a heads up.

I think the difference is in how explicit a comment may be. Making a comment about one Fundie mowing another's lawn is much more explicit than a comment stating two Fundies in a courtship may have kissed. Again, I'm not a Mod or Helpmeet - if they were to say otherwise I would absolutely amend that statement.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I sure hope not because it is just extremely sad that two adults felt like they needed to do that. It shows how the family dynamic and the beliefs Zach was raised with really messed him up. 

It is probably something small, but they make it big for the show. It is going to be very, very staged. 

Ashley, the Bronx Bombshell, decides she and Nathan will be living in NYC - because she realizes his family is batshit crazy and she can't deal with that on a daily basis. Calling it now. :pb_lol:

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:24 AM, Nashville92 said:

I'm more partial to gold than yellow, blame the Preds. :my_biggrin:Although I love a pale yellow, I'd like to use it with a grey as wedding colors if I ever get married

Yummy James Neal, I bet you are.   I was so thrilled when he got traded....   big Philly fan.  

Maybe Ashley wanted to talk about going on a mission trip/prayvacation with Nathan-- handing out Jesuspizza in India, or returning to the Philippines?

Speaking in modly fashion, discussion of rules, mod decisions, warnings, etc. should go in a community discussion thread.  Yes, it's a matter of degree and vulgarity is making it exceedingly obvious what is going on. 

Maybe her conversation with Gil and Kelly was for tips on how to grift.  She needs to up her grifting game in order to marry into the Bates family.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Maybe her conversation with Gil and Kelly was for tips on how to grift.  She needs to up her grifting game in order to marry into the Bates family.

Bates married children are not grifting at all. Erin did it at her wedding, but no more. They work and support themselves. I know we critisize their beliefs, but I think it's not right to make them seem worse than they really are.

34 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Bates married children are not grifting at all. Erin did it at her wedding, but no more. They work and support themselves. I know we critisize their beliefs, but I think it's not right to make them seem worse than they really are.

Ashley currently has a link to donate to her praycation on her Instagram bio page (as of yesterday).  She hasn't come close to her goal, even with her fame from the show

Whether they'll grift once married remains to be seen.  I'll give you the other married kids not grifting and actually working (which Ashley does, but she's still trying to get people to pay her way).

(As much as I hate to give Gil credit, I don't see him approving a courtship/engagement for one of his girls if the man can't provide for her).

6 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Ashley currently has a link to donate to her praycation on her Instagram bio page (as of yesterday).  She hasn't come close to her goal, even with her fame from the show

Whether they'll grift once married remains to be seen.  I'll give you the other married kids not grifting and actually working (which Ashley does, but she's still trying to get people to pay her way).

(As much as I hate to give Gil credit, I don't see him approving a courtship/engagement for one of his girls if the man can't provide for her).

So no Duggar and Bates courtship? ha

Wait until the married couples have 5 or more kids. That's when the grifting may start.

4 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Not anytime soon.  I think if it happens it's going to be with the younger kids (ie Jackson Bates and Johannah Duggar), intergenerational (Judson Bates and Mackynzie Duggar), or even 3rd generation (Israel Dillard and Brooklyn Paine)

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

As long as it was a Duggar daughter. I could see Gil being perfectly happy with one of his sons grifting through life. So a Duggar daughter could get stuck with a grifting Bates son. 

Isn't Nathan the one who wants to be a missionary? If so, he might end up following after his father and grift his way onto the mission field. Ashley already seems okay with the grifting for God life. 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

As long as it was a Duggar daughter. I could see Gil being perfectly happy with one of his sons grifting through life. So a Duggar daughter could get stuck with a grifting Bates son. 

Isn't Nathan the one who wants to be a missionary? If so, he might end up following after his father and grift his way onto the mission field. Ashley already seems okay with the grifting for God life. 

Maybe the Dullards have some useful advice for him.

On 6/4/2016 at 6:41 AM, Exjw2015deed said:

Idk I like to think Jessa was purely miserable being in the Duggar house. She had to raise children, pack, clean, and share a room with 8 other people. I'm someone who loves my family, but from a distance. I would be overwhelmed and seem hateful. Also, she does have a bolder personality. My sister who is older by 14 months, has always been disobedient and a stubborn child. I'm sure they had to break her will early on, and it had to be straight up abusive. Let's not forget about the abuse from Josh as well, which makes anyone a lot more stand offish. She's bitchy and stank, but a small part, very small, actually felt bad for her. 

I think the same goes for Alyssa. Some people are just not meant to be born as the older ones in quiver full family. However she has chosen to continue to follow that path and wants to adopt many children as well. 

I agree with Jessa. She is not at all the kind of person I'd want to hang out with, her husband is an obnoxious twat, and her posts comparing abortion to genocide make me stabby, but I still can't help but feel a little sorry for her. She was molested as a child, subject to blanket training, forced to raise her younger siblings, denied a proper education and given no say over what she wanted to do with her life. I don't like her, but I do feel some sympathy for her because no one deserves to be molested as a child, denied actual counselling about it, and intentionally undereducated by their parents.

Jessa is the kind of person who probably could have done reasonably well in life with another family. She seems to have a pretty driven personality, and probably could have done well in college and pursuing an actual career. 

22 hours ago, January1231 said:

Yummy James Neal, I bet you are.   I was so thrilled when he got traded....   big Philly fan.  

I just googled and HELLO THERE HOCKEY BOY. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived