IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

4 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Kelly seemed rather pushy at Michael and Brandon getting engaged.  Well for that matter Michael talked about wanting to get engaged all the time to.  Ashley seemed to think Nathan might propose in the episode.  She sounds more than ready to get married

Weren't Brandon and Michael courting for over a year by the time they got engaged?  That is an eternity in their world when most are married within a year of courting.

I think Nathan and Ashley will be married by Christmas.  I predict babies from them, Brandon/Michael, and John/Alyssa in 2017.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Weren't Brandon and Michael courting for over a year by the time they got engaged?  That is an eternity in their world when most are married within a year of courting.

I think Nathan and Ashley will be married by Christmas.  I predict babies from them, Brandon/Michael, and John/Alyssa in 2017.

They were "getting to know" one another for SO LONG before they started courting. And then they courted for a long time in the fundie world. I only know this because I remember reading their blog back in the day and being like, omg they are finally courting!

I believe they courted around 15 1/2 months before engagement.  I was thinking Chad and Erin had an 8 month courtship before engagement?  So Nathan and Ashley have been courting about 6 months if they follow that pattern they'll be engaged by his birthday in late August and married in early December.  I'll say if they marry by Christmas they'll join parenthood by December 2017

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They were "getting to know" one another for SO LONG before they started courting. And then they courted for a long time in the fundie world. I only know this because I remember reading their blog back in the day and being like, omg they are finally courting!

I think 5 years for everything. 

22 hours ago, sunshine said:

I think 5 years for everything. 

But they totally didn't give away any pieces of their heart during all that.

48 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

But they totally didn't give away any pieces of their heart during all that.

Ha :56247958035f1_32(18): 

Them front hugs looks very hanky panky for a fundie. That hearts been given away already lol

On 6/13/2016 at 10:58 AM, OyToTheVey said:

Them front hugs looks very hanky panky for a fundie. That hearts been given away already lol

Good thing they got married, the Lord so hates front hugs if it isn't with the One He Has for You.

So Kelly posted this in the comment section of their latest post (a pic of Nathan and Ashley).  The comment wasn't posted until after the episode aired

• thebatesfamAshley, I just want to say you are such a Godly young lady and I love you to pieces! Thank you for your beautiful spirit. I say it over and over, but you just make me smile! Thank you for your love for the Lord and for wanting your life to shine for Him! You inspire me, girl!  Love, KJ (redacted smiley face emoji that would not copy/paste)

Anyone know what this means?

6 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So Kelly posted this in the comment section of their latest post (a pic of Nathan and Ashley).  The comment wasn't posted until after the episode aired

• thebatesfamAshley, I just want to say you are such a Godly young lady and I love you to pieces! Thank you for your beautiful spirit. I say it over and over, but you just make me smile! Thank you for your love for the Lord and for wanting your life to shine for Him! You inspire me, girl!  Love, KJ (redacted smiley face emoji that would not copy/paste)

Anyone know what this means?

Hard to say.  They had a serious talk where Ashley and Nathan admitted that they've had some differences and they're praying about them.  Nathan said they'll take some time to figure things out and to see if they will proceed forward.  Meanwhile heart pieces have been given away in the form of exchanged 'I love yous' and hugs and hand holding.   Becky_m2001 who comments on all their Instagrams is convinced that this means that it's over.  I think they might just be trying to build suspense. We'll know soon enough.  Interesting to note that the person from the 19kidsandloving blog who went to the graduation party said that Ashley was there but she never saw her and Nathan interact, hmm.

6 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Hard to say.  They had a serious talk where Ashley and Nathan admitted that they've had some differences and they're praying about them.  Nathan said they'll take some time to figure things out and to see if they will proceed forward.  Meanwhile heart pieces have been given away in the form of exchanged 'I love yous' and hugs and hand holding.   Becky_m2001 who comments on all their Instagrams is convinced that this means that it's over.  I think they might just be trying to build suspense. We'll know soon enough.  Interesting to note that the person from the 19kidsandloving blog who went to the graduation party said that Ashley was there but she never saw her and Nathan interact, hmm.

Yet Nathan just spent Memorial Day weekend with her family.  Maybe they're not ready for marriage as the city/country divide is too much at this point in their lives?

Just now, 19 cats and counting said:

Yet Nathan just spent Memorial Day weekend with her family.  Maybe they're not ready for marriage as the city/country divide is too much at this point in their lives?

Good point.  They do seem to still be together, or at least through Memorial Day.  Maybe they've worked out those differences.  Ashley mentioned that they met and really liked each other and were attracted to one another and maybe that got in the way of recognizing some important differences.  And here I though their courtship model would prevent that from happening.

Wait... the bates actually showed that a relationship maybe isnt perfect in paradise? Wow... But Courtships are supposed to be perfect... 

Could be too much speculation, but that could have been scripted to make them not look like weird fundies who get married after several months of courtship? Maybe to make them more "relatable" (loosely defined, lol)?

5 minutes ago, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

Could be too much speculation, but that could have been scripted to make them not look like weird fundies who get married after several months of courtship? Maybe to make them more "relatable" (loosely defined, lol)?

Well, it's gonna take time for the "weird" to actually wear off. But this is a nice try for them. They claim to be in love. If this is true...it should be very difficult to fall OUT of love. Does Ashley love him enough to leave the city? We shall see!

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think they might just be trying to build suspense. We'll know soon enough.  

That was first thought too when they admitted to having trouble. I wondered if it was real or they came up with idea to make it seem more suspenseful.

16 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That was first thought too when they admitted to having trouble. I wondered if it was real or they came up with idea to make it seem more suspenseful.

I don't know. I took it as maybe they aren't going to last and decided to start the process of ending their courtship. So they look like they're taking time to listen to God. 

But perhaps I'm being naive about the reality show genre. 

During Nathan and Ashley's dinner conversation with Kelly and Gil it looked to me like Nathan was on the verge of tears. He had a very sad face. Also, Ashley seemed to be the one mostly emphasizing their differences, Nathan kind of just repeated what she said.

Was it scripted drama or reality?? I have no idea, but I guess we'll find out as their relationship continues.

7 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

During Nathan and Ashley's dinner conversation with Kelly and Gil it looked to me like Nathan was on the verge of tears. He had a very sad face. Also, Ashley seemed to be the one mostly emphasizing their differences, Nathan kind of just repeated what she said.

Was it scripted drama or reality?? I have no idea, but I guess we'll find out as their relationship continues.

If it is scripted, Nathan and Ashley are good actors. Because it seemed believable to me. I think that if they know this thing is headed south, they are going to prepare viewers. Because they just can't drop a bombshell after ending a courtship. Leg humpers would be pissed. So they might be trying to please the viewers by doing this.

13 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I feel like this made for TV drama.  After the trauma with Zach on TV and the whole failed courtship, do you think Kelly is going to let another one of her sons break up on TV? 

27 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I feel like this made for TV drama.  After the trauma with Zach on TV and the whole failed courtship, do you think Kelly is going to let another one of her sons break up on TV? 

But that's the thing. When Zach and Sarah broke up, it was just a short blog post announcing and then nothing. I bet leg humpers were not happy about that. If Ashley and Nate are going to break up, they will show it onTHEIR terms so there is little room for speculation. Gil and Kelly want to control the narrative if this is a possible broken courtship. 

This makes me wonder about Nathan's ability to compromise.  It's very clear that Ashley can't live in the hills of TN, and needs a little more 'civilization.'

Would Nathan compromise and move to the outskirts of a TN city?

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

This makes me wonder about Nathan's ability to compromise.  It's very clear that Ashley can't live in the hills of TN, and needs a little more 'civilization.'

But isn't Nathan basically taking over the tree business? He probably wants to stay in the area for work.

So this whole courtshit bull just goes to show it does NOT guard your heart and it they say physical stuff doesn't get in the way when it very much does. I'll explain....

"Guarding your heart"

i think it actually does just the opposite. I think when you are just casually dating around non fundie style, your heart could be more guarded since you know it's casual and it probably won't lead to marriage. These people are saying I love you before they are even officially courting. If they break it off, their heart WILL be broken. Not kissing changes nothing.

"physical stuff (sex) gets in the way of getting to know each other"

they like to espouse that waiting for marriage means they can focus on getting to know one another better. The first way this is wrong is that they are missing getting to know one another on a sexual level. So technically they don't know each other as well as they could if they had sex. Second, these couples rush into these relationships and to the altar because of the fact that they can't have sex. So wouldn't rushing into marriage mean you don't know your partner as well as you could? 

I'm not saying waiting for marriage or short relationships before marriage are necessarily bad. I'm just saying that these claims these fundies make about courtship being superior because it guards your heart and helps you get to know your future spouse better is complete and total bullshit. 

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Wouldn't they already have discussed this before entering a courtship?  I think the issue is not something like that but more about how their personalities clash and how they go about making decisions.  Just guesses on my part.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived