IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

16 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Not to perpetuate stereotypes about South Carolinians, I wonder if papa bill and mama Jane have a problem with interracial relationships...

Just to add, Kelly's mother adopted two black children, and is from South Carolina as well. I know it is people not locations that make people have prejudices. From what I know papa bill was a judge and mama Jane a nurse, so I'm sure they have always been surrounded by all races.

I'm not worried about Papa Bill and Mama Jane; I'm worried about their son Gil who has a portrait of Nathan Bedford Forrest, slave trader and first KKK Grand Wizard, hanging on the wall of his home.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HereticHick said:

I'm not worried about Papa Bill and Mama Jane; I'm worried about their son Gil who has a portrait of Nathan Bedford Forrest, slave trader and first KKK Grand Wizard, hanging on the wall of his home.

Didn't they spin that one already? What was it again? They were looking to honor famous people from Tennessee and had no idea? The audacity. 

On 5/9/2016 at 11:30 AM, choralcrusader8613 said:

Can we move on from discussing Lawson's sex life, please? He's still living at home, and this kind of stuff is a problem for his parents.

Point taken, i should have thought of that.

I can't edit my post, but if the mods want to erase the contents for me, that's cool. 

Just now, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Point taken, i should have thought of that.

I can't edit my post, but if the mods want to erase the contents for me, that's cool. 

We don't delete or hide unless there's a special circumstance, so as long as the discussion doesn't continue, nothing needs to be removed. :)

54 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Didn't they spin that one already? What was it again? They were looking to honor famous people from Tennessee and had no idea? The audacity. 

It took around two years for them to come up with an excuse. But I think they claimed they just liked the pictures and didn't realize who he was. Of course, that doesn't explain why their "Patriot" room only celebrates the Confederacy. 

14 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

We don't delete or hide unless there's a special circumstance, so as long as the discussion doesn't continue, nothing needs to be removed. :)

All good, I thought it was a signal to make it go bye-bye, which I couldn't do. 

3 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Because  portraits of Dolly Parton, Sergeant York, Sequoyah and Davy Crockett weren't available?  Oh, and why not a Velvet Elvis (yes I know he was born in Tupelo but Tennessee still counts him)??

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Because  portraits of Dolly Parton, Sergeant York, Sequoyah and Davy Crockett weren't available?  Oh, and why not a Velvet Elvis (yes I know he was born in Tupelo but Tennessee still counts him)??

They are not godly people. The grand wizard of the Kkk is a godly man who is doing the lord's work...... He definitely had to know bible verses.

16 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Lets say that was true...wouldn't you then take it down?

If someone really on total accident celebrated a KKK grand wizard and put up a room in honor to the Confederacy, I would expect that when informed they would have immediately apologized, removed the items and admitted that they messed up. The Bates, pulled the picture from the internet and tried to pretend the whole thing didn't happen until it became obvious people weren't going to forget so they needed to cough up some excuse. 

They knew, they just didn't care until it impacted their public image. 

Ashley posted a picture with Carlin & Josie last night on her public Instagram. A commenter teased that she was strategically hiding her ring finger in the picture.

Ashley's reply:

bronxnewyorkheart@whiteheadfamilyHaha! Not the case at all! I promise there is no ring to hide. 

The longer the courtship the better, I say. Each day not married is one less day to work on filling the quiver.

On May 10, 2016 at 2:28 PM, HereticHick said:

Right now, I have a heart to have a slice of cake.

Been there this morning. Done that. The Velocibaby demanded it. I have no regrets. :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Been there this morning. Done that. The Velocibaby demanded it. I have no regrets. :pb_lol:

Off subject. I'm happy to see that you are expecting!! I'm sending you lots of positive energy for a healthy baby and healthy delivery. Eat as much cake as you like, because bates episodes are coming in June, I need your recaps!

8 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Off subject. I'm happy to see that you are expecting!! I'm sending you lots of positive energy for a healthy baby and healthy delivery. Eat as much cake as you like, because bates episodes are coming in June, I need your recaps!

Thank you! It's very early days right now, but I feel much more confident this time than my last pregnancy. 

As for the recaps - really hoping the pregnancy hormones turn me into a raging bitch while writing them. It'd be phenomenal. :pb_lol:

I think they are broken up. No pics of the two of them and she only commented saying there is no ring but wont answer any other questions about Nathan. 

22 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I think they are broken up. No pics of the two of them and she only commented saying there is no ring but wont answer any other questions about Nathan. 

Hmmm, we'll see, but I dare to say that I think they're still courting. :)

28 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

Would she still be in Georgia with his sisters if they were broken up? I guess it's possible; these circles are small so good friends are probably hard to make. Marjorie still hangs with Duggars so anything is possible. 

I think they're still together, but I expected him to be on social media or something by now. It does seem a little odd that it's been so quiet when Ashley previously posted pretty regularly. 

1 hour ago, crazysnark said:

Would Kelly have written that glowing happy birthday post to her if they were broken up? Would she have done that with Sarah Reith?

From that IG post, it seems like she's one of the family already.

ETA I'm wondering if the producers are keeping her quiet.

They might still care for her as a person even if her and Nathan did not work out. They never said "We are so grateful Nathan found you" or anything like that. 

I think you guys are over-thinking this. It looks like Ashley accompanied the Bateseseseses home from Big Sandy. We know that the Bateses went through Georgia en route. 

I can say with full confidence that the reason we aren't hearing much is because TV contract. Their relationship, for the most part, is now for sale. 

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My baby wanted caramel cheesecake this morning... I usually crave relatively healthy things while pregnant but I guess the odd slice of cheesecake can be allowed sometimes. Congratulations!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived