IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

Do we know at all what the script is? It looks old-timey, we've seen the post office sign, but the college professor scene they posted on their Facebook threw me. Is it time traveling? Once it comes out, I'd love for any FJ-er who is trained in psychology to analyze it ;) 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

Do we know at all what the script is? It looks old-timey, we've seen the post office sign, but the college professor scene they posted on their Facebook threw me. Is it time traveling? Once it comes out, I'd love for any FJ-er who is trained in psychology to analyze it ;) 

I don't know why I remember this but not where my checkbook is:

Rick plays an atheistic college professor who is sour and angry. He is hiking one day when he stumbles and is injured. Cathy plays some kind of nurse who's hiking in the vicinity, carrying a picnic basket of good things she's kindly taking to neighbors in need. She helps him. 

There is another, reasonably funny scene where they are walking together and he gets down on one knee, saying there's something he's been wanting to ask her. She gets all fluttery and excited but then he pulls up his pants leg and asks her about knee pain. She is mildly and benevolently exasperated.  

And that's all I remember -- except for lots and lots of footage of the woods. Zzzzzzzzz

He also chases her through the woods a lot. And breaks into someone's cabin. 

And somehow these leads the atheistic professor to find Jesus. 

On 1/27/2017 at 11:44 AM, Carm_88 said:

Cathy is working out! 

I like how she defraud proofed that V neck! 

On 1/25/2017 at 10:17 PM, church_of_dog said:

I get the feeling that most of what the Arndts post are running family jokes.

This brings to mind The Accidental Tourist (Anne Tyler).  It's been so many years since I read it, but don't the very eccentric siblings have some type of card game with eccentric and esoteric rules so complex that the rules of the game can't be taught to anyone else?  This somehow reminds me of the Arndts.  Kinda sad that their entire lives are an in joke. 

On 1/27/2017 at 0:44 PM, Carm_88 said:

Cathy is working out! 

Why do fundies work out on clothing and jewelry like this? It's so strange. She's wearing clothing I would expect someone to wear to a church potluck along with a bunch of jewelry. How is this comfortable? It reminds me of the 80 year old men who work out in khaki pants and polos at the YMCA. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why do fundies work out on clothing and jewelry like this? It's so strange. She's wearing clothing I would expect someone to wear to a church potluck along with a bunch of jewelry. How is this comfortable? It reminds me of the 80 year old men who work out in khaki pants and polos at the YMCA. 

That would be horribly uncomfortable to me! I've seen older gentlemen in jeans too and I cannot understand how that would be comfortable. 

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No kidding!  When I work out, it is always in comfy workout clothes without jewelry, and that includes my glasses.  I also have to have my hair completely out of my face, especially during push ups and planks.  Couldn't imagine working out in what she's wearing.  Maybe this was just a photo op???

Because the Arndts are my new fundie curiosity, I binge-watched some of their FamTeam episodes on YouTube. They have a very odd, almost melodic way of speaking. You can definitely hear the Midwestern influences, but they kind of draw out the ends of their sentences. I cannot get over their way of living! 

On 1/29/2017 at 9:50 PM, anjulibai said:

He also chases her through the woods a lot. And breaks into someone's cabin. 

And somehow these leads the atheistic professor to find Jesus. 

Do these people know any atheists? Like, I'm not a Christian but I know LOTS of Christians. So, I don't expect them to act like space aliens. Jerks, sometimes. But not completely around the bend. I just don't know why atheist characters in fundy portrayals are this dumb.

You know, David Waller water skis in a suit and at least once ran a marathon in slacks and a polo shirt...

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

You know, David Waller water skis in a suit and at least once ran a marathon in slacks and a polo shirt...

I amend my above statement. It is entirely possible that David Waller is, in fact, a space alien.

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I guess I'm incapable of such miraculous feats as David Waller and Cathy Arndt since I'm one of those heathen feminists!:pb_lol:

I had a dream last night that Rick was a serial killer. I need to stop reading here/watching Criminal Minds before I go to bed. 

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I had a dream last night that Rick was a serial killer. I need to stop reading here/watching Criminal Minds before I go to bed. 

There's chasing in the woods and a cabin involved in the VV script. Just need a creepy van to top it off!

Just now, DancingPhalanges said:

There's chasing in the woods and a cabin involved in the VV script. Just need a creepy van to top it off!

That would make Vine Valley exciting. ;) I'm still trying to figure out how Mary Elizabeth in period dress comes into it. 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

That would make Vine Valley exciting. ;) I'm still trying to figure out how Mary Elizabeth in period dress comes into it. 

Nooo!! Hasn't M-E suffered enough??!!

Alert the Rescue Penguins!!!

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Nooo!! Hasn't M-E suffered enough??!!

Alert the Rescue Penguins!!!

Has she? :P 

10011381_10152329273819458_1899818567_n.jpg

2 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Just need a creepy van to top it off!

Preferably one down by the river.  :-)

Gotta get those heathens back on the right track!

I have just watched some snippets of Fam team videos. Does one of the older boys have Alopecia? Or does he just shave his hair off?

Maybe Vine Valley is one big Fam Team in joke.  The Arndts will find it hilarious; every other human will just go, Huh?

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I have just watched some snippets of Fam team videos. Does one of the older boys have Alopecia? Or does he just shave his hair off?

Yes Mark the third brother has alopecia. I know that they joked in a Fam Team video about Cathy saving the hair from their first hair cut and now Mark's curls are that much more valuable. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That would be an amazing Criminal Minds episode. A big weird homeschool fundie family that gives the appearance of perfect christians but really daddy is a serial killer and that's why the grown men never marry and leave. They need to stay and help dad cover up his crimes. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That would be an amazing Criminal Minds episode. A big weird homeschool fundie family that gives the appearance of perfect christians but really daddy is a serial killer and that's why the grown men never marry and leave. They need to stay and help dad cover up his crimes. 

That's exactly my dream. The Manboys were helping by getting rid of the vehicles of his victims. Covering it all up and making sure that it seemed like he was home. Weird ass dream. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived