IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

1 hour ago, Howl said:

better than bunk beds and penguin sheets.

This has to be the new Arndt thread title.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gustava said:

I don't think Weezie geting married will open the floodgates for the boys, though I don't know why I think that. 

She's the only girl so they might see it differently. But if one of the older brothers gets married and seems to have an awesome life with his wife and kids, I can see it appealing to other Arndt brothers.

I sometimes wonder if the brothers are just sticking to what they know and what is familiar. And it will take a brother to show them that change is good because you get to move out and have sex and start your own family.

Gah! More than any thread on FJ, I get so excited when I see new posts here! And still......nothing has changed in Arndt land.

I know marriage isn't the be all end all, but come on Man Boys. Get out there and mix it up!  

Gah! More than any thread on FJ, I get so excited when I see new posts here! And still......nothing has changed in Arndt land.
I know marriage isn't the be all end all, but come on Man Boys. Get out there and mix it up!  

It would at least be something different! It wouldn't be softball and special talks with daddy!

Maybe the bar is set too high with marriage. Just get an apartment, live on your own, pay bills, cook dinner for yourself, etc. Go crazy and have a little privacy.

Why doesn't at least one of them want to do that? I am so perplexed. All of the men will live at home as lifelong bachelors? It seems to defy odds. 

On January 9, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Howl said:

Yeah, one guy gets married, discovers sex and then lets the cat out of the bag about how you get to do this thing with your wife.....that's even better than bunk beds and penguin sheets.  

It doesn't have to be an either-or -- with a wife who is sufficiently whimsical and playful (and how could anyone marry an Arndt if they weren't?), you could have sex IN a bunk bed and ON penguin sheets! :banana-dance:

31 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

It doesn't have to be an either-or -- with a wife who is sufficiently whimsical and playful (and how could anyone marry an Arndt if they weren't?), you could have sex IN a bunk bed and ON penguin sheets! :banana-dance:

Not with Mama Arndt and that claw hand around! :o

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

It doesn't have to be an either-or -- with a wife who is sufficiently whimsical and playful (and how could anyone marry an Arndt if they weren't?), you could have sex IN a bunk bed and ON penguin sheets! 

Just, please, please don't post pics a la fam that posted the date night/honeymoon basket of joy on the bed.

On 1/10/2017 at 8:04 AM, Screamapillar said:

This. Every time I see new posts I feel like I get my hopes up....and then I click and it's still status quo over there. I agree with @DancingPhalanges,  moving out (even a couple of them getting an apartment together) or someone working toward a degree would be a step forward.

Since Dad isn't working (as in bringing money into the household) are the boys with jobs the ones who support everyone?

Perhaps that's why they don't leave -- it takes all of them working to support the household and the endless film project.  If one or more of them  left there wouldn't be enough money coming in. And I don't think any of the manboys would want their siblings to have to pinch pennies.

Because you know that money for the film project would come first before any for the household.

Since Dad isn't working (as in bringing money into the household) are the boys with jobs the ones who support everyone?
Perhaps that's why they don't leave -- it takes all of them working to support the household and the endless film project.  If one or more of them  left there wouldn't be enough money coming in. And I don't think any of the manboys would want their siblings to have to pinch pennies.
Because you know that money for the film project would come first before any for the household.

Yes because it's all about Rick and the little world that he has created for himself. The man is kookoo for coco puffs but he keeps his children in line.

I also get my hopes u whenever I see the thread reappear.  The Arndt 'kids' are my favourite fundies - seemingly normal in many way - dress, proper jobs and  a sense of humour, they also seem to be kind to each other and nice.  This makes it all the stranger that none of them have moved out or coupled up.  I think that Rick and Cathy have a lot to answer for.

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes because it's all about Rick and the little world that he has created for himself. The man is kookoo for coco puffs but he keeps his children in line.

The bolded is why I liked your post.   I LOL'd but it is completely true and also completely sad.

ITA that it's all about Rick.   The fact that he retired early to do his neverending film project while his kids support the household speaks volumes.   He's in pretty good shape for his age yet he has 14 children who either bring in the money, do work around the house and work on the film project.   I am still of the belief that there's some strange voodoo going on that keeps 14 kids at home, several of which are men in their 20's and 30'a with no indicator of leaving home or a desire to.  While we can only know what Rick presents, even if behind the scenes  some of the manboys were unhappy with their lot in life, there should be at least one or two who would get frustrated enough to make the break.   Some of them get out of the house and travel for work, so what perfect way to make your escape.  But the ones who go out, come back.   There's something going on, but what?  Fear, obligation and guilt in themselves only go so far especially with 14 kids, it's not going to work the same on all of them.    My bet is on some peculiar kind of Stockholm Syndrome.  

Didn't we find out that Mama Arndt's family has $$$. And if he managed his $$$ well, early retirement is not unreasonable.   I don't think Rick keeps the kids around to support him.  I think Mama and Papa are just nuts.

6 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Guys, something has changed though! Mama Arndt isn't wearing her white shorts. :my_rolleyes:

The weather, I think....though I know you were being sarcastic.

White shorts are for summer. 

Winter is all about those black pants. Can't wear anything but black pants when it's cold out. 

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Can't go anywhere without Mama Arndt. :pb_rollseyes:

Meanwhile Rick is. . .where, exactly? Oh, doing the all-important work of scripting the next installment of Vine Valley!

Does Vine Valley (Valley of the Arndts) have an actual, you know, um, plot?

I'd love for it to have a zombie penguin plot twist. 

4 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Meanwhile Rick is. . .where, exactly? Oh, doing the all-important work of scripting the next installment of Vine Valley!

Oh most definitely. And taking pictures of Nathan doing the actual work. :P 

Cause that's how Rick rolls. And I don't know if he took this picture, but he is doing podcasts, if any brave soul will listen to his rambling. It's not gonna be me! 

This whole thing reminds me of Prairie Home Companion's Norwegian bachelor farmers. Rick and Mama Arndt have passed, all the penguin sheets are threadbare, but the virgin bachelor boys trudge on trying to complete Vine Valley.  

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:26 AM, Showtunesgirl said:

This. Every time I see new posts I feel like I get my hopes up....and then I click and it's still status quo over there. I agree with @DancingPhalanges,  moving out (even a couple of them getting an apartment together) or someone working toward a degree would be a step forward.

I'm the same. I keep thinking/hoping that one of the manboys actually made a move toward independence every time I see that this thread has been updated. Hopes dashed once again.

In the years I've been coming here, first lurking a long time on the old Yuku board, finally registering there, eventually moving here, so much has changed for my own children. They've all graduated from high school, then college, they have jobs, none live at home, two have gotten married, one is back in school for another degree, one has become a parent...And in that same time period all of the Arndts are in the same place, doing the same thing. It makes me so sad for them. The only life they will experience is within their parents' home. Not one has his own home or family or any life experience separate from their parents and siblings. Breaks my heart.

There is a world out there, Arndts! Go discover it!

+

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived