IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

10 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

True.  But at what point do Momma and Poppa start to want grandchildren? Now that Cathy's past that time of life, don't they want some more cute babies running around that they can spoil and hand back to the parents when they start to scream? My parents certainly want grandkids, and they're not into endless reproduction.

And they won't get grandkids if the kids don't leave -- or at least pair off with someone outside the nuclear family.

They haven't thought that far ahead. Momma is too into her frosted pink lipstick and her white shorts. Poppa is to into his Vine Valley never ending film. 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Arndts are some kind of social experiment. Or maybe they secretly have girlfriends and kids, and it's just all hidden. Later to be revealed in some bizarre way. 

22 minutes ago, divadivine said:

They haven't thought that far ahead. Momma is too into her frosted pink lipstick and her white shorts. Poppa is to into his Vine Valley never ending film. 

And they are always looking back on the past. Like on their Facebook page, they post things from now and then mixed in it will be Rick and Cathy's wedding pictures, videos from when the oldest boys were kids, it's hard to keep track of. I'm not sure that the Arndts are sure what year it is. 

On 2/9/2017 at 9:14 PM, Suz8710 said:

How did we miss hunky Luke Arndt's Birthday palooza (yesterday)?!

Another Cheddar's outing as well. 

And so it continues! :dramallama-nanner:

IMG_9179.JPG

IMG_9180.JPG

Why are mom and dad doing the teen girl hands-on-hip pose, lol? 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:08 AM, Carm_88 said:

Wow. I'm kinda impressed. How did she have the time to do that with four boys? 

Hide contents

Andddd another Vine Valley tidbit. are we sure it's not a horror film? 

I often think of the x-files when reading about the FamTeam.

I have mentioned it before and I will say it again, there is an episode with a family full of adult boys that live at home and keep their mother under the bed. I realize it's a bit unfair to the FamTeam to compare them, but it comes to mi d whenever I read here.

Oh the look on Luke's face makes me cringe!  He looks like an overgrown 4 year old, super excited at a birthday cake with mum and dad.  My Blessings look like that when they see their birthday cake (BEST THING EVER!!!), but they aren't old enough to cross the street alone.  It's fine.  Arndt adultchilds? Nope.  Not fine.  They freak me out so much.

7 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I often think of the x-files when reading about the FamTeam.

I have mentioned it before and I will say it again, there is an episode with a family full of adult boys that live at home and keep their mother under the bed. I realize it's a bit unfair to the FamTeam to compare them, but it comes to mi d whenever I read here.

Appropriately that episode is named "Family". That was one of the most disturbing episodes in the whole X-Files, and that says a lot. To be honest, the Arndts often come to my mind when I remember that episode, too...

edit. I was wrong. The episode is "Home", but nevetheless, it is appropriately named.

12 hours ago, divadivine said:

ITA, they are too caught up with with they want for their family now to think about the future ramifications such as kids staying home forever, no future wives, grandkids.  

I have been long of the opinion that the kids all serve the parents' needs in terms of providing material, financial, and emotional support (that last one meaning: what makes Rick and Cathy feel good, safe and certain).  So all is is right in their particular Famteam world, as far as they are concerned.    Plus they have programmed their children to go along with this weirdness thus far.   All 14 of them.   Because as much as I would like to think there's a girlfriend or a dating life for a manboy or two tucked away somewhere in there, I suspect that the boys are too enmeshed with their parents to get very far.  Especially the older ones, I highly doubt there's going to be too many women their ages (30s) who will want a man who is overly involved with his parents and family to the extend that the manboys are.   

Also I suspect that if any manboy dated, the Arndts' worldview is such that they would view a girlfriend as a potential wife and a threat to Cathy's being No. 1 woman in her son's lives.   Manboy is programmed to listen to his Mommy and Daddy so therefore any potential marriages may have already been shot down through a few driving talks with Daddy.  Another poster here mentioned one of the manboys stating he's resigned to being a bachelor (I forget who) and frankly, I was not surprised to hear this.    Pretty sad that someone is resigned to this at a point in life where there's still a lot of potential.

I think that with 14 kids, with several of them in their 30's, at least one of them should have moved out by now. 

The mindfuckery going on in that family is strong indeed.  I agree with another poster sometime back who said this family is FUBAR.

I've been away from the Arndts for a while. 

1. I feel very defrauded cuz Luke.

2. Do they still have that obsession with the penguins?

3 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I've been away from the Arndts for a while. 

1. I feel very defrauded cuz Luke.

2. Do they still have that obsession with the penguins?

1. Luke is always defrauding

2. Of course! :penguin-no: Mary Elizabeth was very excited about new penguins this Fall. 

20 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

1. Luke is always defrauding

2. Of course! :penguin-no: Mary Elizabeth was very excited about new penguins this Fall. 

Kinda comforting that some things don't change. Altho I'm kinda guilty of being a penguin lover myself lol I went to Melbourne and saw the fairy penguins! I couldn't be all the way around the world and not see them haha

12 hours ago, katilac said:

Why are mom and dad doing the teen girl hands-on-hip pose, lol? 

You can tell Rick's done this before haha. Perfectly posed. I can't even :giggle:

And to those volunteering as rescue tributes...while you've both taken my top choices :( , I'll volunteer for Jude. It's gonna take a big team to take on the FamTeam ;) I'll bring the penguin disguises.

1 minute ago, Suz8710 said:

You can tell Rick's done this before haha. Perfectly posed. I can't even :giggle:

And to those volunteering as rescue tributes...while you've both taken my top choices :( , I'll volunteer for Jude. It's gonna take a big team to take on the FamTeam ;) I'll bring the penguin disguises.

Cathy and that claw hand, we best be careful! ;) 

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I suspect that the boys are too enmeshed with their parents to get very far.  Especially the older ones, I highly doubt there's going to be too many women their ages (30s) who will want a man who is overly involved with his parents and family to the extend that the manboys are.   

Also I suspect that if any manboy dated, the Arndts' worldview is such that they would view a girlfriend as a potential wife and a threat to Cathy's being No. 1 woman in her son's lives.   

Unless they married a very young barely legal girl who grew up as sheltered as them, and she moved in with them. Somebody very meek and quiet who would pose no threat to Mommy Dearest, and followed her orders. Somebody will have to take over the domestic tasks. Those parents won't stay young forever. They will obviously be hand picked by Mamma herself.

7 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Appropriately that episode is named "Family". That was one of the most disturbing episodes in the whole X-Files, and that says a lot. To be honest, the Arndts often come to my mind when I remember that episode, too...

edit. I was wrong. The episode is "Home", but nevetheless, it is appropriately named.

[shudder] "Home" is one of those things that I saw once and never need to see again because I feel like every frame was burned into my brain the first time. Thankfully, it doesn't occur to me to associate it with the Arndts, because I just refuse to believe that they could be that fucked up. Maybe I'm in denial, but happily so.

So, I only count 24 candles on that cake. Do they always use an arbitrary number, or are Rick and Cathy gaslighting the manchildren about their ages?

I guess the thing is, that the parents could quite easily change their mind and allow some of the younger kids to have different lives - there's still time - but it would be gutting for the older boys if in 10 years time they were suddenly encouraged to go out, get married and procreate, and really wanted to, but found they had aged out of being able to find age-appropriate partners who could have biological kids with them (not that anyone has a right to bio kids, but imagine if the older manboys get to 45-50, and suddenly the parents change their minds?)

(ETA finding partners who'd want to join the FamTeam and build a home on the compound etc will be a tall order, FJers wanting to liberate some of them aside!)

6 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Unless they married a very young barely legal girl who grew up as sheltered as them, and she moved in with them. Somebody very meek and quiet who would pose no threat to Mommy Dearest, and followed her orders. Somebody will have to take over the domestic tasks. Those parents won't stay young forever. They will obviously be hand picked by Mamma herself.

There's some  über creepy variation of the already über creepy The Handmaid's Tale lurking here; maybe a plot twist to Vine Valley? 

I'm gonna need some long-lasting reading material tonight.  Am still inpatient in hospital for nasty pneumonia.  Only now they're not giving me the good druggz that let me sleep.

If someone could point the way to the beginning of this Arndt family mess, I'd be grateful.  TV is such a snore tonight.

13 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I'm gonna need some long-lasting reading material tonight.  Am still inpatient in hospital for nasty pneumonia.  Only now they're not giving me the good druggz that let me sleep.

If someone could point the way to the beginning of this Arndt family mess, I'd be grateful.  TV is such a snore tonight.

I'm not technical. Sorry. But sending you happy wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

4 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Thanks, @Gobsmacked. It's been a very long week .....

Here's their archived threads. Lots and lots of stuff there.

I hope you feel better soon. I dealt with pneumonia two years ago. It wiped me out for about a month.

4 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

So, I only count 24 candles on that cake. Do they always use an arbitrary number, or are Rick and Cathy gaslighting the manchildren about their ages?

Most birthday candles come in boxes of 24.

Feel better @ChickenettiLuvr!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived