IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

I hate watching videos so I never follow them (as far as I can tell there's not much else on their website - no real blogging, or personal pages?).  They're handsome guys, though. 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cathy and David will celebrate their birthdays tomorrow! I spy with my little eye Penguin paper. What a shocker! Will we have a birthday cake in the bedroom picture? 

1 hour ago, Naga Viper said:

Happy Penguin Awareness Day, Arndts! You little flock of weirdass mofos.

16143183_1389649441092306_4420415790976828165_n.png

LOL'ing!!! "Little flock of weirdass mofos" is the best line I've heard since 2016!

Gracioussakesalive. I was coming here to say I had a great plot line for a Vine Valley spinoff: Vain Valley

Vain Valley:  Excitement and joy when the only daughter in a cloistered family of 14 grown men, living under their parents' roof, is announced as a new bride! But the couple's happiness  turns to semi-predictable horror when the young new husband begins to feel that they should live among the family at Safe At Home Manor, rather than in their own little  cottage. 

Looks like Mary Elizabeth is still wearing braids but given who her mother is, that's not shocking. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Looks like Mary Elizabeth is still wearing braids but given who her mother is, that's not shocking. 

Dammit.  Free Mary Elizabeth's hair!

It's birthday time! It's birthday time! Cathy gets the cake! 

David gets the golf club! And it's al in Mommy and Daddy's room, of course! :P 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Who's the cutie driving the car?

22 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Paul ;) The oldest son. 

17 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

Happy Penguin Awareness Day, Arndts! You little flock of weirdass mofos.

16143183_1389649441092306_4420415790976828165_n.png

Thankyou! I knew that there are lots of different types of penguins but not how many.

FJ really is educational. No I'm not being sarcastic but genuinely serious.

18 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

You need to get our more dear....  Also check out a few of the other "older" brothers if you think Paul's cute....

You need to get our more dear....  Also check out a few of the other "older" brothers if you think Paul's cute....

Luke and James...[emoji7]

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that all the birthdays pics show the birthday honoree sitting in a desk chair -- probably the kind with wheels?  Why?  Doesn't the parent's bedroom have any regular type of chair? I just seems so odd.

And this is my picky first world problem -- but even as an adult, much less a child -- I'd hate it if my birthday gifts were wrapped in left over Christmas paper.

What is with Fundies posting wedding photos all of a sudden? First Jill Rodrigues and now the Arndts. Someone commented " How many Arndts are married now? The legacy continues right??" Ok which one of you guys was it? :P 

On 22.1.2017 at 4:25 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

One Jacob with beard for me, please :GPn0zNK:

I just saw the female offspring's pic on FamTeam, where she is featured with some "new penguins" last fall.  Is she not 20 years old?!

@MarblesMom I was really hoping that you were joking. :( I think she turned 20 recently didn't she? She looks about 10 here and way too excited about new penguins. 

16174455_1292514564124828_501094359211914498_n.jpg

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I just saw the female offspring's pic on FamTeam, where she is featured with some "new penguins" last fall.  Is she not 20 years old?!

Aren't they all really perpetually 6 years old?  At least in the house. The Arndts make me equal parts sad and squicked out. 

I have to believe that Rick and Cathy realize that one day they will die. That one day there won't be a parent around to make sure all 14 kidults are Safe At Home.

Then what? Is the oldest son expected to assume the parental role and keep the other 13 at home?  Does the only sister become the mother figure?  How are they going to be able to function as adults running their own lives (or running the FamTeam) if they've never been allowed to *become* adults?

Is it possible that Rick and Cathy have never thought about what's going to happen when they're gone? Maybe Rick is busy writing excrutiatingly detailed instructions in order to control their lives from the grave.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

@MarblesMom I was really hoping that you were joking. :( I think she turned 20 recently didn't she? She looks about 10 here and way too excited about new penguins. 

16174455_1292514564124828_501094359211914498_n.jpg

Noooooo! There is no hope.  Still with the braids and now still collecting penguins.  Can't she develop a new interest like, I don't know, not dating but collecting stuffed giraffes or something? 

For those who follow the Arndts, what is she supposed to be doing all day?  Probably she's not going to college but is washing her bros dirty socks and playing with penguins all day.  Or does she have what some might call an actual job with Vine Valley? 

How complicated would those posthumous instructions really need to be, though?

1) Continue filming Vine Valley.

2) See 1.

P.S. In case of emergency, more penguinz for all!

Their lives have been on a continuous loop for years, and Rick and Cathy are young enough that they'll likely maintain whatever voodoo they're pulling off for quite a while yet. By the time they do both shuffle off, the kidults will have that many more years of conditioning upon them and that much harder a time breaking out of autopilot.

Barring the unknown, of course. We can always hope for the unknown. (And hopefully something happy, not tragic.) But a significant portion of Arndt-related posts are simply people saying, "Saw this thread was bumped, hoped something happened, but I see ain't shit changed." And the decade carries on.

15 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Noooooo! There is no hope.  Still with the braids and now still collecting penguins.  Can't she develop a new interest like, I don't know, not dating but collecting stuffed giraffes or something? 

For those who follow the Arndts, what is she supposed to be doing all day?  Probably she's not going to college but is washing her bros dirty socks and playing with penguins all day.  Or does she have what some might call an actual job with Vine Valley? 

I've seen pictures of her in period dress for Vine Valley in the past. I don't know what she does the rest of the time. 

On 1/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And this is my picky first world problem -- but even as an adult, much less a child -- I'd hate it if my birthday gifts were wrapped in left over Christmas paper.

But...if it's the penguin paper (the top one in Cathy's pile) , it's suitable for any occasion really in that family. ;) 

On Paul's personal facebook (public), there's an post in December from a woman who said: 

"hi Paul I was wondering if you're one of the kids from the huge Arndts of Belleville? My niece dated one of the boys & when visiting went to church service given by the dad!"

Paul liked her post but didn't comment. I didn't follow the Arndts way back when, has there been mention of dating? For now, I just assume it was one of the older boys during his teenage years, probably quite innocent stuff but super interesting nonetheless. Hopefully these events aren't the reason they've remained 'safe at home.' *sigh*

I wish someone who knew this family decently well (like a cousin) but didn't mind sharing some dirt anonymously would show up and give the scoop. They are by far the strangest family we follow IMO. And that's saying a lot. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived