IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Mary Elizabeth and Cathy were given chocolates. Happy Valentine's Day from the Arndts. 

So they got a box between them? And shared with the men? Getting a box for siblings to share isn't all that odd but one box for mom and daughter seems a bit stingy.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

So they got a box between them? And shared with the men? Getting a box for siblings to share isn't all that odd but one box for mom and daughter seems a bit stingy.

Especially since it doesn't look like it is good chocolate. Quality chocolates typically don't have a map on the lid. Blech to bad chocolate. 

Also, a license to pilot a drone? Is that really a thing? My 12 year old neighbor does this all the time. In our court. Turd. 

15 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Not to mention that, if they are showing Elizabeth opening the box for the first time, it is already half empty. Guess the guys got their share first.

On 2/14/2017 at 5:03 PM, usedbicycle said:

From this comment on Paul's wall in December, it looks like at least one of boys dated. So maybe they do date, but just never have been able to keep a girl until marriage.

I would love to know who that niece is but my sleuthing attempts were unsuccessful.

Capture.PNG

Hi, all! This is my first time posting but I'm a long time lurker. I used to know the Arndts but it was years ago! Your assessments about them are correct. Cathy is controlling, Rick is a narcissist, and the boys really are pretty normal. The one who used to have a girlfriend was John. At least that's the one they are referring to in the post. 

4 minutes ago, 0_kids_and_lurking said:

Hi, all! This is my first time posting but I'm a long time lurker. I used to know the Arndts but it was years ago! Your assessments about them are correct. Cathy is controlling, Rick is a narcissist, and the boys really are pretty normal. The one who used to have a girlfriend was John. At least that's the one they are referring to in the post. 

Pray tell, why haven't they left the nest if they are pretty normal?  Not a single one seems to have left. 

11 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

Pray tell, why haven't they left the nest if they are pretty normal?  Not a single one seems to have left. 

I didn't say that was normal. I said they are pretty normal guys, and they are. im not talking about the marriage stuff, obviously. I'm saying they are smart, funny, very sociable guys. 

1 hour ago, 0_kids_and_lurking said:

I didn't say that was normal. I said they are pretty normal guys, and they are. im not talking about the marriage stuff, obviously. I'm saying they are smart, funny, very sociable guys. 

Which makes it extremely perplexing that they have all remained in the nest. 

6 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

Which makes it extremely perplexing that they have all remained in the nest. 

Exactly. But if they wanted to leave, they would. They are around girls all the time. They have more contact with the outside works than one might think. For a while, I don't think they realized they were running out of time. They are all getting too old to be courting, they need to be married. Why do you think there is a sudden emergence back on social media? The older boys suddenly have Facebook accounts that are active and the famteam FB page is also active again. I think they are going to try to meet people or at least opening it up to that possibility. 

I'm shocked! I hope they get S/Os, they do seem nice guys. Hell, can one of them marry Jana? lol out of all of the fundies, they seem like the nicest.

40 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm shocked! I hope they get S/Os, they do seem nice guys. Hell, can one of them marry Jana? lol out of all of the fundies, they seem like the nicest.

I, for one, am all for this plan. I'm sure that Jana could find the right guy here.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I, for one, am all for this plan. I'm sure that Jana could find the right guy here.

At least if she did marry an Arndt, she's too old now to have 14 like mom Arndt.

27 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Duck monitoring. Very important. ;) 

And perfectly normal. 

On 2/15/2017 at 1:12 PM, ChunkyBarbie said:

Also, a license to pilot a drone? Is that really a thing? My 12 year old neighbor does this all the time. In our court. Turd. 

Actually, yes, yes it is.  Until recently, a pilot's license was required to pilot a drone for commercial uses.  My brother is a pilot and was headhunted by a surveying company.  He learned their software, they provide the drone and whenever needed, he heads out to where ever (usually no more than an hour from home or closer) and does the survey.  It's occasional work, once every week or two for 2-4 hours and he brings home about $200 - $400 for each job.  My brother is retired so it's an enjoyable gig for him. 

Sometime in the last 6 months (year?), the licensed pilot requirement changed to a certification process.   I can see having the certification as potentially lucrative or good supplemental income if you know how to market yourself and make the right contacts.  There are so many amazing drone/camera applications as well. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Actually, yes, yes it is.  Until recently, a pilot's license was required to pilot a drone for commercial uses.  My brother is a pilot and was headhunted by a surveying company.  He learned their software, they provide the drone and whenever needed, he heads out to where ever (usually no more than an hour from home or closer) and does the survey.  It's occasional work, once every week or two for 2-4 hours and he brings home about $200 - $400 for each job.  My brother is retired so it's an enjoyable gig for him. 

Sometime in the last 6 months (year?), the licensed pilot requirement changed to a certification process.   I can see having the certification as potentially lucrative or good supplemental income if you know how to market yourself and make the right contacts.  There are so many amazing drone/camera applications as well. 

That's interesting. I know our local PD has one and uses it.  I have seen it at events above the crowd. I need to find out if you need a license locally to pilot one.  Our young neighbor is a bit of a menace with his drone. 

I'm guessing if they're doing videography, they might be using the drone to do overhead shots. I know that was done at my cousins wedding. 

Jana and James would be super cute - not that couples have to 'match' but I think they pair nicely together physically. He's in a good age range and very tech and mechanically inclined. Jana wants a guy like that. I just don't see her as a very goofy dorky personality type and the Arndts have that written all over them.

Of course with all the responsibility she's been given I'm sure it's been pretty repressed if it's in there.

4 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

And perfectly normal. 

Lol at least it's Peter and not Paul or Mark, for instance.

25 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

That's interesting. I know our local PD has one and uses it.  I have seen it at events above the crowd. I need to find out if you need a license locally to pilot one.  Our young neighbor is a bit of a menace with his drone. 

My understanding is that the certification is required for commercial use ONLY, not for hobby or recreational use.  A quick google search brings up this source for getting a remote pilot certificate:  How to Get Your FAA Part 107 Drone Pilot License (1st-Time & Current Pilots)

For example:  

Q: Do You Have to Have a Pilot License’s to Fly a Drone Commercially?

A: Yes, but it is NOT one of the expensive manned aircraft pilot licenses most people think about. You only need the Part 107 remote pilot certificate to operate your drone commercially or for a government purpose.

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

Jana and James would be super cute - not that couples have to 'match' but I think they pair nicely together physically. He's in a good age range and very tech and mechanically inclined. Jana wants a guy like that. I just don't see her as a very goofy dorky personality type and the Arndts have that written all over them.

Of course with all the responsibility she's been given I'm sure it's been pretty repressed if it's in there.

Lol at least it's Peter and not Paul or Mark, for instance.

Jana was said to be a bit of a tomboy, so maybe she'd like puttering around the Arndt homestead. Yeah, I don't know about her personality wise but she might quite like the light hearted way that the Arndts go through life. It would be a refreshing change. I also think that James would be a good choice. 

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

What happened with John's girlfriend? Why did they break up? 

From my understanding, they were getting too serious. But this was a long time ago. This was back when the older guys went to regular HS and were not homeschooled 

6 hours ago, halcionne said:

I wonder about any "doctrinal differences," though. How much does their Rickligion resemble Catholicism?

He was raised catholic so I think that still plays a big part into the religion that he practices. It's like he has pulled from different parts of various Christian beliefs. I don't really understand it, they don't have real church, it's like bible study 

25 minutes ago, 0_kids_and_lurking said:

From my understanding, they were getting too serious. But this was a long time ago. This was back when the older guys went to regular HS and were not homeschooled 

He was raised catholic so I think that still plays a big part into the religion that he practices. It's like he has pulled from different parts of various Christian beliefs. I don't really understand it, they don't have real church, it's like bible study 

It's all about Rick. I am completely shocked. :penguin-wink:

It's sad though, that they could have had a normal life but Rick went off the rails. 

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Rather like Steveovah Maxwell did.  We know about Steve, but what drove Rick-hovah off the edge?

Living with Mama white hot pants.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived