IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

Someone needs to pitch this documentary to David Lynch. Aren't there any Hollywood types on FJ?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

If Vine Valley:Arndts = Fitzcarraldo:Werner Herzog, then the documentary on the making of Vine Valley would be analagous to Les Blank's Burden of Dreams. (sorry, I'm a total indie movie nerd)

Awesome!  Eleventy!!!1.1.!!11

How about Valley of the Arndts for a title? Actually, the tell-all, true story of whatever dynamic is going on with that family would be an interesting and possibly very troubling documentary. 

Fitzcarraldo was amazing, was it not, as are many of the other Werner Herzog films.  I'm just now remembering my first Herzog film, Aguirre, the Wrath of God.  I'm definitely not a  film buff, but I saw some weird/interesting/amazing foreign movies during my college and post college years (loves me some John Waters/Divine!) and Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre stand out. I had forgotten about Burden of Dreams

If I recall correctly from Aguirre, he put his actors  (dressed in heavy period costumes) on a wooden raft (logs lashed together) with a damn horse, for heaven's sake, on a river in flood.  I don't recall that anyone died filming that movie, but I don't know how they all survived and ditto Fitzcarraldo.  As a rafter and ex-kayaker, that raft scene gives me waking nightmares, even recalling it many years later.

Thanks for a trip down memory lane! 

5 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

The documentary should be called "Hearts of Duckness."

Or perhaps "Not Without my Penguin." 

Not Without My Son and My Son and My Son and My Other Son and My Son and My Penguins and My Son and My Son and My Ducks and My Son and My Son and My Shorts and My Son and My Son and A Different Son and My Son and My Son and My Daughter

7 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

A recent post on their softball page appeared in my FB feed today:  https://www.facebook.com/thesoftballclassic/.

Lots of Nike female legs in the pics.

Please someone explain this to me because I just don't understand. The Arndt adult men are decent looking, the seem to have decent jobs, they have hobbies like sports and are creative. They seem to be around attractive young women all the damn time. 

WHY ARNDT ANY OF THEM MARRIED?!

They are all asexual?

Rick secretly makes them take something that completely suppresses their libidos?

No one has ever explained the facts of life to them so they literally have no idea what sex is?

They are all misogynists who hate women?

Rick has so brainwashed them about all the horrible, evil things that will happen if they leave home and marry that they are all terrified at the thought?

It's just easier to go along with Rick's insanity than face the consequences of defying him and leaving? 

Rick has forbidden them to marry and no one ever says No to Rick?

All of them are as crazy as Rick?

Seriously though, there has to be a reason. Normal men just don't live at home with Mummy and Daddy their entire lives.  I just can't fathom it.  Rick has to have done something ... abnormal ... to convince them all to remain at home and to never want love, marriage and families of their own.

These are grown men who have never been touched by a woman not their mother or sister,  None of these men have ever kissed or embraced a girl. Surely they must be dying for some physical affection -- and I'm not even talking about sex. 

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Please someone explain this to me because I just don't understand. The Arndt adult men are decent looking, the seem to have decent jobs, they have hobbies like sports and are creative. They seem to be around attractive young women all the damn time. 

WHY ARNDT ANY OF THEM MARRIED?!

I was having wine when I read this and lost it. I am new to studying this family and having a hard time with the whole master bedroom celebration. IF they ever married, would their wives find it as weird as we do? 

I just had the most awful thought.

Do they celebrate the birthdays in the master bedroom because that's where they were conceived?  The place of origin so to speak.

Oh dang, now I need a gallon of brain bleach and many stiff drinks just to get over having thought/ written that.

:brainbleach:

I just had the most awful thought.
Do they celebrate the birthdays in the master bedroom because that's where they were conceived?  The place of origin so to speak.
Oh dang, now I need a gallon of brain bleach and many stiff drinks just to get over having thought/ written that.
:brainbleach:

Haha I don't know if any of them were actually conceived in that room, the older man boys were quite old when they moved into that house.
It's probably because when they were younger they got special time with Mlm and Dad in their bedroom. Away from all the other siblings.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
P.S Is it wrong that I still laugh every time I see that video of Phillip hitting James with that plastic bowling pin? [emoji23]

I'd go with that it was special time with Mommy and Daddy when they were little and it's become a tradition.   

But still, it's weird.  There's a time where stuff is fine for small children but becomes where it no longer age appropriate and has to stop.   And if a parent can't stop there is still the "squick factor" where the grown kid no longer feels comfortable with it and says so.   And certainly not want to have it posted on any social media.   But it appears that all the manboys go along with it and have their dad post about it. Either that, or they have no say because they are still in Mommy and Daddy's house.  In that case, it's time to move out because it's no way for an adult to live being treated as if they are still 10 and parents refuse to adjust because of the whole "my house, my rules" dictum which I suspect is very much how Rick and Cathy operate. 

If they are totally fine with this, then I can see this scaring off any Princess Charmings that are supposed to land on their front door.

OK, I get the soft ball thing now: Safe at home!  Cross home plate and you're home SAFE.  SCORE! 

(Facepalm)

If they are totally fine with this, then I can see this scaring off any Princess Charmings that are supposed to land on their front door.

I think that the Princess Charmings will have a lot to deal with if they land on the Arndt compound. They are extremely boring and extremely crazy all at the same time. [emoji848]

I think that the Princess Charmings will have a lot to deal with if they land on the Arndt compound. They are extremely boring and extremely crazy all at the same time. [emoji848]

17 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that the Princess Charmings will have a lot to deal with if they land on the Arndt compound. They are extremely boring and extremely crazy all at the same time. emoji848.png

Oh definitely.   In addition, a Princess Charming will have to face down Cathy who will be desperately holding her manboy by the stomach.

Seriously, I wouldn't envy anyone marrying into that family.  It's a shame because the guys seem like they would be really good husbands but they are too mindfucked to make their wife and family a priority.   I can't see them drawing any appropriate boundaries.   Instead of a spouse being someone that they "leave and cleave" to, that person will just be an addition to the Rick and Cathy Show.  Might have to help with Vine Valley, too. 

But I am not too worried about some poor Princess Charming getting sucked into this.  Seems that with 14 adult men still at home, with no girlfriends/spouses in sight, something is going on that's being very effective in keeping them safely away.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't given it a super look through yet, but the Fam Team facebook page has been resurrected sometime towards the end of last year - and they've been fairly active on it. Just recently the boys posted a video of...them going through a car wash! Get ready my FJ friends, to be amazed!

https://www.facebook.com/FamTeamTV

Maybe some of you FJ sleuths will find some truly interesting things. I appreciate the pictures though (Luke should lose the facial hair) but doesn't appear much has changed - except Mary Katherine got to take the entire family with her for her birthday meal. Inconceivable!

Holy cow. Weezie is 20? If she's not courting in the next year I'm giving up hope that any of them will ever marry and/or leave the mothership. And then I'll have to avoid ever reading anything about them ever again because it is creepy AF.

I always wonder why I keep checking this, nothing ever changes but holy crap! How can Wizzie be 20? Come on guys! Something has to give or someone is gonna go batshit crazy!

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I always wonder why I keep checking this, nothing ever changes but holy crap! How can Wizzie be 20? Come on guys! Something has to give or someone is gonna go batshit crazy!

.... and it might be us going crazy, waiting for new blood to wander into Vine Valley territory....

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

.... and it might be us going crazy, waiting for new blood to wander into Vine Valley territory....

Well, I did think that it might be me. ;) 

I have this feeling that once one Arndt marries, it will open the floodgates. Then there will be a couple of marriages a year for a few years. 

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have this feeling that once one Arndt marries, it will open the floodgates. Then there will be a couple of marriages a year for a few years. 

I hope so; that would be nice. :)

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah, one guy gets married, discovers sex and then lets the cat out of the bag about how you get to do this thing with your wife.....that's even better than bunk beds and penguin sheets.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived