IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

17 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Rather like Steveovah Maxwell did.  We know about Steve, but what drove Rick-hovah off the edge?

I wonder if it started as they wanted a girl and it got out of hand? 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one point, I was envisioning Mama and Papa Arndt re-creating "The Village", convincing the children that the evil outsiders were all out to get them.

Instead of a terrifying chicken-like costume to scare them to stay Safe At Home, it could be a mangled penguin costume...

Anyway, after I came back from THAT train wreck of a possibility, I realized it is something else that keeps them grounded...   guilt, anyone?  Guilt is pretty powerful.  

Mary Elizabeth and Cathy seem to have received flowers as well, so it wasn't just the box of chocolates shared between them. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Mary Elizabeth and Cathy seem to have received flowers as well, so it wasn't just the box of chocolates shared between them. 

I can't imagine most fundie families we follow would buy all those flowers for the women in their family.  

So now that they have this drone does this mean they are going to have to refilm the whole vine valley again? Isn't that what they did last time they upgraded the cameras?

1 hour ago, FrumperedCat said:

So now that they have this drone does this mean they are going to have to refilm the whole vine valley again? Isn't that what they did last time they upgraded the cameras?

I'd imagine so. That's what they tend to do. Reshoot scenes, again and again.

On 2/18/2017 at 0:27 PM, themothership said:

Why is Wizzy carrying around a huge camera and tripod?

To film the drone filming them , of course.  :AOK:

Off topic but don't these man boys sleep in bunk beds? I tried it recently & it felt ridiculous. I'm only 5"2 but even so it doesn't seem natural for adults to sleep in bunks. (Unless you are in prison) I don't see how a taller person could deal with it.

I felt like it could collapse at any time. The beds are too narrow to move around. Being in the bottom bunk was no better. It felt claustrophobic. Maybe if they get to experience a big, adult bed it would give them a push to experience other adult stuff. 

On 2/17/2017 at 8:34 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Rather like Steveovah Maxwell did.  We know about Steve, but what drove Rick-hovah off the edge?

I've long suspected that it was a combination of three things:

-- His past as a charismatic Catholic. Just my informal, personal and limited observation, but those who believe they speak to God in tongues have unique outlooks on the world. 

-- His exposure to the details of one too many grisly or heartbreaking legal cases as a stenographer. 

-- Cathy's inheritance, which gave a nice big nest egg ("A duck nest egg?"--you. "Hush up!"--me) and permits the fam's gallivanting and movie-making. 

As I said, ALLLLL the above are entirely from my reasonably fertile imagination & based on Unconfirmed Stories that float about. 

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It's time for the annual Arndt family trip to New York to film in the snow. 

Is that a changing table? Good heavens. I mean, sure, it's still a perfectly usable piece of furniture, but in their particular situation (all these middle aged men sleeping in the same bedroom, possibly with bunk beds and a changing table from their infancy several decades prior) it just makes me say  "good heavens".

These people are fascinating. Off topic question: Fundies want girls to do the house stuff and they can sell them off. Is it possible the Arndt family, like many others, doesn't know what to do with their boys? Girls are easier because they just change headships but boys become headships and maybe they don't know how to become them? I don't know if that make sense. 

19 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Is that a changing table? Good heavens. I mean, sure, it's still a perfectly usable piece of furniture, but in their particular situation (all these middle aged men sleeping in the same bedroom, possibly with bunk beds and a changing table from their infancy several decades prior) it just makes me say  "good heavens".

Uh...not only does that look like a changing table, but I swear that is a freaking bottle of Johnson's Baby Lotion on it. 

The Arndts are screwing with us. They have to be. 

8 minutes ago, Shiny said:

Uh...not only does that look like a changing table, but I swear that is a freaking bottle of Johnson's Baby Lotion on it. 

That's in the master bedroom right? It looks like where they take all the birthday pictures. The thing that makes some of them look like they have a halo is on the wall. Please tell me that they don't have baby lotion. Unless there's a secret Arndt baby. 

On 20 February 2017 at 2:02 PM, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Off topic but don't these man boys sleep in bunk beds? I tried it recently & it felt ridiculous. I'm only 5"2 but even so it doesn't seem natural for adults to sleep in bunks. (Unless you are in prison) I don't see how a taller person could deal with it.

I felt like it could collapse at any time. The beds are too narrow to move around. Being in the bottom bunk was no better. It felt claustrophobic. Maybe if they get to experience a big, adult bed it would give them a push to experience other adult stuff. 

Pretty sure they don't all sleep in bunk beds. As far as I recall, the FJ thing about them all doing that was based on one photo of part of the room the youngest two boys slept in, a few years ago when said two boys were children. Yes I'm sure more than those two slept in that room, but there wasn't ever evidence that they all did, or that all the beds in the room were bunk beds.

The oldest boys have a penthouse arrangement in the top storey of the house, so presumably they sleep there, and possibly live there mainly. FJers who keep closer tabs on the Arndts than me will be able to remember more details I dare say. I'm pretty sure Rick mentioned it on film, but I can't remember now. 

This family is just s bizarre to me. I can't even imagine and attic full of middle aged men sleeping in bunk beds with baby lotion (gross). And the birthday cakes and the penguins. They need an intervention, stat. I also cannot imagine these men getting married. I'm in my mid-30's and if I met a man that  that lived like that, I'd be so creeped out.

Cathy was cutting hair yesterday. She must get some sicking of barbering all those boys. 

If I remember correctly, Paul to Luke had the upstairs bedrooms to themselves. I don't know now where they all are now that they are grown up. Because obviously Jude will be 30 this year, he's hardly still in a bunk bed with penguin sheets. 

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Cathy was cutting hair yesterday. She must get some sicking of barbering all those boys. 

If I remember correctly, Paul to Luke had the upstairs bedrooms to themselves. I don't know now where they all are now that they are grown up. Because obviously Jude will be 30 this year, he's hardly still in a bunk bed with penguin sheets. 

And if you look really carefully, you can just make out a pattern in the Arndt Boy's hair that says, "Get me outta here!"

I wonder if she uses a cooling spray on the clippers during use (or when the blades get hot & one of the boys complains about it, she would just tell them to deal with it).

19 hours ago, Shiny said:

The sign over the changing table is part of it too...  Almost makes it seem like they're still hoping/praying for another baby?

Even the most reasonable interpretation -- that they're keeping the changing table for one of the kids to use when they start having kids of their own, is still creepy given the situation...

Man these guys fascinate me!  I so want to know what's going on!

On 2/16/2017 at 2:49 PM, Howl said:

Actually, yes, yes it is.  Until recently, a pilot's license was required to pilot a drone for commercial uses.  My brother is a pilot and was headhunted by a surveying company.  He learned their software, they provide the drone and whenever needed, he heads out to where ever (usually no more than an hour from home or closer) and does the survey.  It's occasional work, once every week or two for 2-4 hours and he brings home about $200 - $400 for each job.  My brother is retired so it's an enjoyable gig for him. 

Sometime in the last 6 months (year?), the licensed pilot requirement changed to a certification process.   I can see having the certification as potentially lucrative or good supplemental income if you know how to market yourself and make the right contacts.  There are so many amazing drone/camera applications as well. 

Is this a nationwide requirement, or does it vary by state?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Is this a nationwide requirement, or does it vary by state?

States may have their own requirements, but this is a Federal Aviation Administration requirement effective as of  Sept 1, 2016 that covers unmanned aircraft weighing less than 55 pounds (25 kilograms) that are being flown for "routine non-hobbyist use."   You can read the FAA requirements here. The link will open a pdf with the Summary of Small Unmanned Aircraft (Rule 107).

The main points:

• Drones have to remain in visual line of sight of the pilot — no first-person-view cameras
  • Pilots must be at least 16 years old
  • Operation is only allowed during daylight hours or twilight with appropriate lighting
  • Maximum groundspeed of 100 mph and maximum altitude of 400 feet
  • Pilots must hold a "remote pilot airman certificate" issued by the FAA

You may be asking yourself, what about the drone deliveries being tested by Amazon and Google?  These are not covered by the FAA regulations because those drones are not piloted; they are guided by autonomous technology -- no human pilots involved.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived