IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

Why is Jedidiah talking about giving away his older sister? I am so annoyed with that crap.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So everyone would just ponder them running off to be in private? My mind would be on that not the ceremony stuff 

Grammy walked into room. Asked who got married. I told her its recounting jessa and bens wedding. 

Grammy: why? They just got married a year ago. 

Me: exactly 

Counting on: Highway to the DANGER ZONE (part 1)

Oh yay! It includes scenes of a LIVE BIRTH! Who could that be?  Oh yeah, filler!

JESSA SAYS THE NAME THAT SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN!

ZOMG THEY REFERENCE ZIKA!

We begin in the safety of Arkansas.  Jessa talks to spurge about getting his passport pic.  He coos.

Jessa tells us that they are going to sintral amerika, its spurge's first international flight.

Jill is doing Village ministry and "reaching out to those in need"

Jessa says that spurge is 4 months and is trying to roll over. He sings "happy noises."  Traveling with a baby, you have thoughts "is this the best idea."

Joy says theres violence

Joe says Zika

Bin says "theres germs and stuff."

Jessa feels better beause Jill and Derick did it.  Its "not the safest place in the world" but they'll be pretty safe.  They wanted to wait until spurge was older but they decided to go (aka TLC) and they dont have passport pics.  The first time they went to get it done spurge shit himself (because everything is about spurge shitting).  They left and this is take 2.  (Why did baby poop prevent a pic of his face?)

They arrive at a photo shop.  

Bin tells us that Spurge is 4 months.  They've been married a year and a half. The woman tells bin to lay him down and make sure he doesnt roll.  His hands have to stay down.  Jessa uses a doll to get him to look.

Jessa blathers about just starting her courtship (flashback of bin asking to court cup and all in the mail room)

Jinger says she was 100% behind them.

Flashback to them getting their marriage license, dinner before the wedding... Bin talks about how he was nervous the night before the wedding.  

We are treated to Jinger's speech... she cries... says she's undeserving... 

JInger TH - going through all those memories, it was an emotional time.  She was there at "my lowest points" and was there for me (in retrospect this is awful to watch).

Jessa TH  - she made me cry.  Its really sad because our close sister bond will change.

Back to the wedding day... 

Jana - Jessa wasnt stressed,had things under control. She's good with high stress situations.

They talk about their first kiss - clearly recycled TH's - Bin talking about how he's seen kissing in movies.

Jessa TH - the moment before the doors opened and I walked thorugh the aisles I was thinking I waited my whole life, thinking about this moment. You get to dress up and be a princess and marry the love of my life.

Bin TH - When I first saw jessa I thought how gorgeous she was in her dress. This was the moment I waited for so long...

Jer/Jed - Its harder to give away one of my sisters. You just pat a brother on the back, for a sister you have to make sure its a good guy

Jessa TH - my favorite part of the ceremony was reading our vows. The meaning and the depth... it was so special.

We get to see them leave without kissing... again... the preacher reminds them that they didnt kiss

Jessa explains that the first kiss was in private.  Bin didnt want them thinking about the kiss.  Criticizing it... they wanted them to see what the ceremony was about, paying attention to the message afterwards.

Joy - I'm not sure what I'll chose, we'll see what my guy thinks.

JD - For me, its not that big of a deal to kiss in public. We'll see what my future spouse thinks. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Oh yay! Its the parking lot reception again! 

Jessa - Married life is better than I dreamed

Bin - Its awesome getting to know her more and more each day. Parenting makes us closer.

Back to the passport pic.  Spurge smiles.  They snap shots... The woman goes to print it. The picture looks like he was crying.

Just now, Yaoichan12 said:

Grammy walked into room. Asked who got married. I told her its recounting jessa and bens wedding. 

Grammy: why? They just got married a year ago. 

Me: exactly 

I totally thought Grammy meant Grandma Mary at first and I was like "Wow, Grandma Mary found some sass!"

Well, Spurgeon is the CUTEST little chunky-monkey-baby.  Absolutely adorable cheekiness.

I can't get over the self-important "Our first kiss would have detracted from the righteous message of our holy union." garbage. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Back to the passport pic.  Spurge smiles.  They snap shots..

Dang it Spurgeon. I don't think you are supposed to smile in passport photos!

2 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I totally thought Grammy meant Grandma Mary at first and I was like "Wow, Grandma Mary found some sass!"

Lol nope. Just my own grandmother being sassy. Her commentary on this show is great 

Speaking of Grandma Mary ...

Grandma Mary has been MIA for quite awhile.  Methinks she hangs out at Deanna's house so she doesn't have to be an indentured laundry servant.

2 minutes ago, Scottie said:

I can't get over the self-important "Our first kiss would have detracted from the righteous message of our holy union." garbage. 

Their holy message is don't fuck until after the wedding right? I don't see how kissing takes away from that. 

Just now, twinmama said:

Their holy message is don't fuck until after the wedding right? I don't see how kissing takes away from that. 

unless they did it differently 

For the show to be successful, I think "Breaking Duggar" would be the best idea.

Ideas on where to send the kids

ALL
Disney World without parents.  Watch recent Disney movies on the way there
Pride Parade
Comic Con
Broadway show

Kidults (18+)
Spring Break in Daytona Beach or Miami
Coachella
A night of clubbing (including all you can drink) (21+)
Vegas

Teens
College tours of secular colleges (including Joy and Josiah)
High school events (homecoming, prom, sports, etc)
Top 40 radio station summer concert/festival

Younger Howlers
Top 40 radio station summer concert/festival
Arcade
Evil heathen public school

Lost Girls
Girl Scout Camp (2 weeks sleep away)
Public library and allow them to read whatever they like
Evil heathen public school
Concert for whatever pop music (in another era-- Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, NSync, 90s Britney, teenage Justin Bieber, Hannah Montana Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc) their public school peers are listening to these days.  

Commercials: Mother's Day trailer, airbnb, below deck Mediterranean show promo, tronfeld, west, Durrell law firm, mr. Fix it, tlc promos

5 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Well, Spurgeon is the CUTEST little chunky-monkey-baby.  Absolutely adorable cheekiness.

I initially thought he was too Jim Bobish looking but he has proven to be an adorable baby anyway.

I sure would like access to half of the Duggars' airfare budget.  I could travel the world quite nicely on that.

Archived