IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

I seriously may have to cheat on my husband.  I'm sorta crushin' on your dad right now, @CreationMuseumSeasonPass.

:content:   (My wonderful DH refuses to watch with me and won't let me snark to him anymore.  He got pretty pissy after an FJ thread made me laugh so hard that I ended up in the emergency room with an asthma attack.  True story.)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I didnt notice the first time, but Anna is wearing some pretty nice jewelry.  It could be costume, but if its not, they clearly still have some money.

Even some good costume stuff can get pretty spendy, though!

@BabyBottlePop Assuming that there is some sort of announcement to make and they aren't just teasing it . They probably want to milk at least another season out of this drivel and if they wait until the end of this season to announce a courtship or pregnancy they can build momentum and publicity (so many People magazine covers...) for another season. 

3 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

If they are courting you would have think they would have a little more footage than the day to day crap they have. Why would TLC wait to the end of the season to announce everything?

Though if Jill and Jessa were both pregnant, and what if they were both pregnant with girls now? *leghumper scream*

Regular folks get married and have babies all the time.  Why would anyone give a shit if the Duggars have more?

The leghumpers really need to get out and meet their neighbors.  Real live babies and stuff! 

1 hour ago, nst said:

you can't share a room anymore with your sister after you get married 

really 

I thought you could 

SILs can-

As the show ended, my dad gets up and says, "Well, I'll never get those two hours back."

This is also the man that, during my wedding toast last September, he said to 150 people, "We didn't mean to have our daughter so close in age to our son. She was kind of accident. But, it worked out!"

Lol. They really are great parents. Their commentary was the only way tonight's episode was bearable. I looked at the clock and saw it was only 8:30. I couldn't believe I was ONLY halfway through. Unbelievably, that was a first for me.

5 minutes ago, Scottie said:

@BabyBottlePop Assuming that there is some sort of announcement to make and they aren't just teasing it . They probably want to milk at least another season out of this drivel and if they wait until the end of this season to announce a courtship or pregnancy they can build momentum and publicity (so many People magazine covers...) for another season. 

That is very true. I guess I just don't get why TLC is so desperate to continue this at all.

Bin worried about "germs" because brown people countries have more germs. :roll: Is this the implication?

3 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

As the show ended, my dad gets up and says, "Well, I'll never get those two hours back."

This is also the man that, during my wedding toast last September, he said to 150 people, "We didn't mean to have our daughter so close in age to our son. She was kind of accident. But, it worked out!"

Lol. They really are great parents. Their commentary was the only way tonight's episode was bearable. I looked at the clock and saw it was only 8:30. I couldn't believe I was ONLY halfway through. Unbelievably, that was a first for me.

I really love hearing the reactions of people that arent in our world.  It just goes to show how far the show has fallen.

14 minutes ago, boxerlover24 said:

Predictions 

Jinger is obviously courting, I bet Jana is too

I also bet Jill is pregnant, and possibly jessa???? how old is spurgey?

9 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

No no, since TLC showed Joy and Jinger, obviously only Jana is courting!

11 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

If they are courting you would have think they would have a little more footage than the day to day crap they have. Why would TLC wait to the end of the season to announce everything?

Though if Jill and Jessa were both pregnant, and what if they were both pregnant with girls now? *leghumper scream*

Did they seriously drop the courtship bomb again?? I would think that at this point everyone would know that they're freakin bluffing. However my money would be on Jinger or Joy. Did the camera point to anyone or drop any kind of hints?

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Yup.  Your parents win the Saints' Award tonight, @CreationMuseumSeasonPass.

They're usually in bed by 9 p.m., but I'll tell them tomorrow morning that some good came out of them taking one for the team! Also, my mom literally jumped in her seat when she saw Derick for the first time. At FJ, we have seen his progression, but to go a year and not realize how gaunt he has become was really jarring for her.

Unless their announcement is a large financial donation to the orphanage (which is unlikely since the Duggars love money and fetuses don't live in orphanages) or something along that line, it's disgusting to drag those poor kids into their show like visiting them is some kind of charitable gesture rather than the shameless self-promotion that it is. The children in the orphanage are also human beings and are not just props for the white "saviors" to use in their publicity.

If the Duggars claim they are so "pro-life," why do they constantly seem to forget that children are people?

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Unless their announcement is a large financial donation to the orphanage (which is unlikely since the Duggars love money and fetuses don't live in orphanages) or something along that line, it's disgusting to drag those poor kids into their show like visiting them is some kind of charitable gesture rather than the shameless self-promotion that it is. The children in the orphanage are also human beings and are not just props for the white "saviors" to use in their publicity.

If the Duggars claim they are so "pro-life," why do they constantly seem to forget that children are people?

Maybe they'll donate a shitty doll they won at a carnival again!

10 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Regular folks get married and have babies all the time.  Why would anyone give a shit if the Duggars have more?

The leghumpers really need to get out and meet their neighbors.  Real live babies and stuff! 

True. But the fact that people (not a lot, but still some) are willing to watch this family go to the grocery store or to get a photo taken shows they'd happily watch a Duggar baby be born.

50 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Agreed!!  @cptbailey -- who in the hell feels the need to take AND PLAY a ukulele on an early-morning flight.  Gah.

My 17-year-old daughter would probably be this person. Unfortunately. :pb_lol: She thinks anytime is a grand time for the uke, and that everyone loves it.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Unless their announcement is a large financial donation to the orphanage (which is unlikely since the Duggars love money and fetuses don't live in orphanages) or something along that line, it's disgusting to drag those poor kids into their show like it's some kind of charitable gesture rather than the shameless self-promotion that it is. The children in the orphanage are also human beings and are not just props for the white "saviors" to use in their publicity.

Are they getting any type of permit/sign off when they show these kids in the orphanages? I do t remember many blurred faces from the early counting on episode I've seen. Would the people running the orphanage sign off?  

It reminds me of people who go on vacation to foreign countries then photograph the locals without their consent, like those people are on exhibit. 

It's racist, it's patronizing, and you know they don't really care about these kids. Better to save their souls than fill their bellies. 

26 minutes ago, boxerlover24 said:

Jinger is obviously courting, I bet Jana is too

Could be true.   Perhaps there is no footage as either J+J said no way, or perhaps their "semi-might-be-new-headships" declined and only were willing to court without a camera.

Can "Courting Without a Camera" become a thing?!

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Maybe if we renamed children as former fetuses, they might give a damm.

51 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I have a fb friend who posted a baby pic of his wife. He put a censor bar over her lil baby chest. I could not believe he did that. It was not in a funny way, he was serious about covering his wife's baby nipples. 

I'm a weirdo maybe, but I won't post topless photos of my boys on Facebook anymore than I would a girl. Not because I'm a prude, I just don't want that on the internet. Common sense tells me that if you want to post a pic, but have to put censor bars over it, maybe DON'T POST IT!

Someone on my FB feed posted a pic I found completely disturbing.... new mom and newborn in bed, with 3 dogs, loose blankets and 10 stuffed animals all over the place. 

I would share it here, but not sure I can/should.  I was ....in shock.  I actually wondered if there WAS a newborn in that bed.

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

I'm a weirdo maybe, but I won't post topless photos of my boys on Facebook anymore than I would a girl. Not because I'm a prude, I just don't want that on the internet. Common sense tells me that if you want to post a pic, but have to put censor bars over it, maybe DON'T POST IT!

I've had Facebook friends post photos of their children potty training, sometimes with bars over certain spots and sometimes without anything. Often such a post is followed by an angry post by the Facebook friend wanting to know who reported their photo. 

Do people realize one day their kids will grow up and see they've been put on Facebook for everyone to see? My baby book has many photos of me naked in a bathtub but my mom didn't (albeit, she couldn't) post them and glad no such thing existed when I was a baby/toddler.

Archived