IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

4 minutes ago, jas said:

If they don't have another courtship to announce after all the teasers, even the most sympathetic fans will be disappointed and pissed off.

On their FB page, even fans are getting annoyed with the courtship questions. Any post they make asking for their thoughts on the ep, that's been one of the top comments.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've realized what a lot of thread drifts there are in the topics. Just goes to show how boring we find the Duggars. Jill and Jessa can't carry this show.

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I've realized what a lot of thread drifts there are in the topics. Just goes to show how boring we find the Duggars. Jill and Jessa can't carry this show.

Agreed. Once TLC has their next big money maker settled, they'll cut ties altogether.

edited: grammar

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think the full lot of 'em could carry the show! Blind adoration and leg-humper-ness of the fans is what carries the show. 

If there are no new courtships or pregnancies, it tells the world that everything that happened last year has had a profound effect on this family. They had Josh's issues, 2 traumatic births, and their main source of income turned off seemingly over night. The cracks are showing, and these cutesy episodes aren't doing anything to keep those cracks from growing.

2 hours ago, nst said:

maybe there is a story we don't know :D they have to milk this for  all it's worth 

maybe maybe we get a pregnancy announcement 

HA

Pregnancy? Ok. Let's imagine... John David has impregnated the piano teacher. Joy joins the army. Hannie joins Cirque du Soleil. Jana becomes a budist nun. Michelle prepares a fresh salad. JB attends an ecologist meeting. 

;-) :-D

I think that any of the Duggars could quickly get courtships, I just don't think they would be quality courtships. Normally, people would marry others with crappy families of the person they loved was wonderful. In the fundy world, you marry the family, so anyone marrying into tj family gets stuck with all the crazy that comes with them. I have no doubt that there is a hierarchy in ththe fundy world. I don't think those at the top want their kids part of the Duggar family. The Duggars have name recognition in the fundy world but I wonder what is really thought about them. None of th Duggars married into fundy royalty or married anyone who can help them move of the ladder. If anything, they have just stayed level or fallen further down because Jessa married a perpetually unemployed teenager and Jill married someone who seemed to prefer to go backwards in life. Josh actually probably made the acceptable match because he married a woman who will stay submissive no matter what. Anna seems to be a true fundy ride or die wife. She is actually the embodiment of what a fundy wife is to be. 

1 hour ago, felinefundie said:

A pregnancy announcement is a very likely possibility. Unfortunately. 

And unfortunately it will be in the shadow of the Zika virus, which will spark tabloid interest

On 4/21/2016 at 1:04 PM, amers said:

I don't feel sorry for her now. I feel like she's either mentally ill or enjoys attention. 

IMO, Anna is dumb and desperate.

On 4/22/2016 at 2:43 PM, mango_fandango said:

One of the commenters on that supposed "blind item" said that they thought Jana was seeing someone with kids. Wut the wut?

Oh god can you imagine? I always think that if she ever gets married at least she'll have at least 9 peaceful months without having to care for babies. If she marries someone who already has kids she'll just go from taking care of little Duggars to taking care of little whoevers.

4 hours ago, nst said:

according to my pvr again 

this week Jessa and Ben travel to SCARYCA

and we get a recount of how Ben and Jessa met and married 

and then next week's episode is called 

Israel meets Spurgeon 

where two children actually meet and a detailed list of how Jill and Derick met and married 

Yay, we get to re-witness Derick and Ben (Binjermin) becoming Duggars and Israel and Spurgeon staring at each other.

They're trying to bore us to death.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I wonder what Israel and Spurge will talk about.

"My name is a little weird."
"Dude, my name is SPURGEON. Shut up."

On 4/22/2016 at 6:54 PM, RabbitKM said:

How is it weird that Anna talks about Josh in front of the girls?  According to her, she knew that Josh had "made mistakes" from before they were engaged, so she presumably always knew that Josh molested his sisters.  She also presumably always talked about Josh to her sisters-in-law.  The only difference now is that we know about the situation.  

I really, really wonder what she was told. "OH I looked at my sister's you-know-what when she was asleep, but I didn't inhale?" I just wonder. Had he said "Yeah I felt up one of our friend's daughters--she was 16 and I was 17" I could see that would be "youthful indiscretion [for the boy ONLY, mind you], but that he touch his sister in a "lustful" way..." um....did they use words too big for Mr. Keller to understand? I just don't know. I'm thinking somebody glossed over all the sister/touching stuff.

On 4/24/2016 at 9:34 PM, calimojo said:

The girls spend most of their time together, as evidenced by the show, and even then, they can barely find anything in common with one another enough to even carry on a normal conversation

Have you ever been in a  nasty sorority house? One where they are all fake and act like "sisters" but they hate each other? Sabotage each other? Ruin borrowed outfits they know are favorites?  Yeah. That's how it looks to me. There are combinations of sisters in the Duggar family that are friends, but not all of them. Same with the brothers. I never saw JD liking Josh before and now the loathing is so open. I'm sure its similar in the Batesfamily too. Too many of them, all forced to always be happy and never say anything bad about anyone and never have ANY privacy. Well, familiarity breeds contempt.  Plus I'm sure The Divine Miss Jessa wants to torture them with her knowledge of sex, just because she CAN and they can't.

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm sorry, but as a mother, I don't think a family of 19 kids is funny at all. When you have more than 3 kids closed in age, it begins to be difficult to give them enough quality time. The more kids, the less dedication.

Plus, even being the most lovely mummy on Earth, when you have 8, 10 children you are overwhelmed. You don't have your private time, you don't have quiet moments. Oh yes I know that Michelle has, but only because she has 4 unpaid nannies and a rod.

Children need dedication, hugs, conversation, plus sometimes they're ill or have difficulties in their studies. So some people can cope with only 2 children, maybe others with 6 or more. But no way you can be a real mother to 19 kids.

Of course, it depends on the parents, but overall I agree with you.  My mom is an exceptional person.  She and my dad had 8 kids (excluding several miscarriages).  I do not know how she did it all with such grace, gentleness, and almost endless patience.  Somehow, she did find time for each of us.  If we had something on our minds and didn't come to her about it, she would seek us out and gently ask if there was something troubling us.  We almost always spilled our heart out and felt much better afterwards.  She had to try to accommodate the food likes and dislikes of 8 kids plus our father.  Of course, my dad was a very involved parent but he was the breadwinner, so during the week-days, it was all on my mom. 

Me on the other hand, had one child and sometimes that overwhelmed me.  In my defense, I did work full time outside the home, plus in the early years, had one to two part-time jobs I did from home, so I had a lot on my plate. 

But simple mathematics will say that the more kids you have, the less individual time you can have with each one, and the more stressful it can be. 

in the newest promo - B& J are preparing for SCARYCA and they discuss how many diapers Spud goes through in a day 

Ben says 4 

Jessa say 7 

he looked truly shocked 

and then they have a silent pissing out loud contest about he must be at work and she says i change the other ones 

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

i never thought we would miss the days of analyzing ben's coffin and rooster posts 

:D

The babies will just gurgle at one another. When Jill and Derick come back home, I want to see how Derick will transform. Will his appearance stay the same? What will he do in his spare time? 

3 hours ago, felinefundie said:

Blind adoration and leg-humper-ness of the fans is what carries the show. 

No, it's us. I mean, seriously, i think it is.

I guess its been sooooooooooo long since we've heard the stories of Jessa and Jill's 'new season of life' that we, the viewing public need to be reminded that they got married and had kids within a year of marrying.  Not to mention we all need a recap of all of the incredibly responsible decisions they have made in between. We are so lucky that TLC has blessed us with all of this recycled footage... /sarcasm. 

15 minutes ago, anotherone said:

No, it's us. I mean, seriously, i think it is.

I agree. :D

11 minutes ago, Scottie said:

I guess its been sooooooooooo long since we've heard the stories of Jessa and Jill's 'new season of life' that we, the viewing public need to be reminded that they got married and had kids within a year of marrying.  Not to mention we all need a recap of all of the incredibly responsible decisions they have made in between. We are so lucky that TLC has blessed us with all of this recycled footage... /sarcasm. 

I can practically recite their silly vows -

can anyone else ? :D

and something is brewing they are all way to quiet

Maybe we'll get to follow JD on a drug bust.... lol... wait, I was thinking of a real show. This show they'd hire a "hippie" and do the 

"drug bust" and then preach to him. I'm trying to imagine what lame thing they can come up with next. We've had asking the wife of a repeat child molester for tips on picking a husband. We've had the normal daughter admit her season of life is changing and she's giving up wanting to be normal and wear jeans (or at least agree to wear a dress). A Bucket of cold water has been dumped on horn-dog dad so we haven't had to endure that. We haven't seen the most fabulous father of all though--maybe Davey the Pecan Thief will welcome Joshy back with some bromance-worthy athletic endeavors like jock strap shopping at Wal mart? Or  Ben wiill peel off his mask and reveal he's a woman. Or Michelle will be caught smoking a joint in the prayer closet and scramble for her purse to prove she has an Rx for it?

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Pregnancy? Ok. Let's imagine... John David has impregnated the piano teacher. Joy joins the army. Hannie joins Cirque du Soleil. Jana becomes a budist nun. Michelle prepares a fresh salad. JB attends an ecologist meeting. 

;-) :-D

I refuse to allow anyone like JB at one of the meetings I attend!!!

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And unfortunately it will be in the shadow of the Zika virus, which will spark tabloid interest

I continue to believe that Jana is trying to not get pregnant.  I just don't see her wanting to chance a Zika virus baby considering the Duggars are totally into making their kids as attractive as possible.  I can see JB and Michelle both telling her it's OK to use contraception in this case.

I also continue to believe Jessa is holding out the adoption card as a way to not get pregnant.  "No sex tonight, honey, remember that we want to adopt".  I don't think she wants her body changing like her mom's did, she's pretty vain.  Plus, I really believe she does not want a lot of children.

Since I'm never wrong all this will come to pass.  Probably.  It's a possibility.

New plot ideas: 

- Invite the single Duggars, eighteen and over, to Burning Man.  Tell JB & M they've gone camping for the weekend.

- Bring Ben to a (genuinely) dangerous inner city neighborhood to preach.

- Give Michelle a lifelike baby doll, with wardrobe, and watch her bond.

- Do secret interviews of people in CA who have dealt with the Dillards.  Ask them what they really think.

"Spurgeon meets Israel" that sounds like the title of a lecture about Baptist theology taking a closer look at Jewish though. 

21 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

- Bring Ben to a (genuinely) dangerous inner city neighborhood to preach.

I would break my self-imposed Duggar TV boycott and watch this. I'd watch an hour a week of just this.

Archived