So next week more Jill and Derick recap where Derick looks normal

more discussion about adoption 

more discussion who will get pregnant first 

endless 

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone doesn't announce a courtship soon I'm going to smack a producer. Why all the hints? Whyyyyy?

Also, as much as Jill and Derick have that white savior complex goin' on, they look like locals compared to Bin. That tan hat looked very "jungle explorer."

6 minutes ago, cptbailey said:

THE BEARD HAS GOTTEN EVEN BIGGER AND WILDER. How is that even possible.

Are they trying to hide scars or something? Has FJ come up with theories? Did I miss that thread? 

Counting on flashbacks (part 5)

We're reminded of Jessa being taken via ambulance to the hospital.  She says she felt fine but the "team" realized there was a lot of blood.  It was just to "make sure" things are OK.  They called 911 because its better to be careful than not call and need it.

Jessa gets a transfusion in the hospital.  She says when her placenta separated.  WHen she got to the hospital she wasnt still bleeding.  She was low so they gave her blood, she could have taken supplements or she could have taken the transfusion. Within hours she could stand up.  She was released a day later. 

Spurge wasnt named for 5 days... 

Jinger - it was unique, passing a nameless child.  

Jessa - when he was born we were sure of the first name but not the middle. We thought about michael but it "didnt flow."  Three days later we thought about eliott.  We practiced calling him by the name and when we were sure we announced it.

Jana - I think spurgeon is a strong name and it fits

JD - He's probably one of the only ones in the world who has that name. 

Jessa - life with a baby is amazing. He's a joy.  I'm excited for jill to meet him, it will be special.

In sintral amerika - Derick is there to meet them at the airport.  He's all out bigfoot.  He picks spurge up and kisses him with his hairy, hairy face.   He rubs the baby against his beard... He says "i've been waiting to meet ya."

They head to "the house" to meet JIll and Izzy.  In the car is Jessa, bin, and Spurge.  Derick is driving.  Bin mentions that Spurge doesnt have much on his agenda, he just eats and sleeps.  It appears that the rest of the clan is sitting in the back of the truck, although some are standing... while the car is in motion... there are also some guys I dont recognize back there.  

Jessa - the ride seemed really long. Its been 6 months since I've seen "all ya'll." 

Bin - its the first time seeing you at the base of operations.

Derick - half of the excitement is izzy meeting spurge.

Jill and Izzy are wearing matching SOS shirts... she says he'll meet "spurgey cousin."

Jessa - I'm excited to see the house and see where they've been living. Its going to be a great trip. 

They pull up.  It appears that the white truck Derick was driving is different than the truck with all the Duggars riding loose in the back. His truck is filled with shit. 

We're teased that next week the kids meet.  They go to an orphanage... and there is a "life changing" announcement.  They pimp Joy and Jinger, and ask Jessa if she or Jill will have another baby first.

Hats off to you, oh great one, @Buzzard.  That was the snooziest snooze-fest of them all.  *yawn*

Okay ... too lazy to change the channel yet ...

wow, oh wow, oh boyohboyohboy ... that Jeremy Roloff is such a Hottie McHotterson.  *yummy*

If ever a person didn't understand body language and vocal cues, all they would need to do is watch this episode of Ben; with the old videos and THs he gave before they got married and the comparison to the current footage and new THs- and they would quickly come to understand it.  Jessa  still looks all googly-eyed and enamoured with Ben while he always looks indifferent and annoyed with Jessa.  It's not the words coming out of Ben's mouth- the words are okay- it's how he says them, the tone he uses, his closed off demeanor and how he looks at Jessa when she's speaking.  If he's ever secretly listened to Cher, I'd bet he'd be sung "if I could turn back time..."

"Life changing announcement" = Muffy is knocked up. Let's not forget that we haven't seen a picture of her in anything other than baggy clothes for quite some time, and this trip was nearly two months ago if Spooge was 4 months old (he's six months next week). 

Déjà vu all over again.

They have absolutely no material to work with.   And TLC isn't even trying to manufacture anything.

Time to say goodbye.

YAY! Another interview!

Jessa likes to look into spurge's face.  He has a lot of Bin's personality.  She was very high strung.

Jessa wants more kids. They both love kids and they want to adopt, its on their hearts. 

7 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

If someone doesn't announce a courtship soon I'm going to smack a producer. Why all the hints? Whyyyyy?

There's nothing else.

Just now, marmalade said:

"Life changing announcement" = Muffy is knocked up. 

I'm not watching. Does she look prego?

1 minute ago, punkiepie said:

If ever a person didn't understand body language and vocal cues, all they would need to do is watch this episode of Ben; with the old videos and THs he gave before they got married and the comparison to the current footage and new THs- and they would quickly come to understand it.  Jessa  still looks all googly-eyed and enamoured with Ben while he always looks indifferent and annoyed with Jessa.  It's not the words coming out of Ben's mouth- the words are okay- it's how he says them, the tone he uses, his closed off demeanor and how he looks at Jessa when she's speaking.  If he's ever secretly listened to Cher, I'd bet he'd be sung "if I could turn back time..."

so you don't think it's because he was horny before and now he has had the sex and it has worn off? 

I don't think he likes that she tells him in front of the camers to pack shorts and that Spurgeon uses 7 diapers 

it's about control with him obviously 

Yes, it is on their hearts, as they walk thru this season on life, and they purpose to adopt. 

Oh, look, Marbles needs to go out.  Great time to take a break!

It's really hard to do a new edition of "Deep Thoughts with the Duggars" when everything is a stupid rerun. But, I'll trudge through. Also, I'm at my parents house, and this is the first time they've watched the Duggars in a year.

When my dad first saw Jana on screen, he screamed, "Free Jana!" He continued to mutter this under his breath for the rest of the show.

Dad: "Let's get Josh on the show. Let's get to the down and dirty of it."

When Jessa and Ben discussed their first attempt of getting Spurgeon's passport, and how he pooped himself, my mom muttered, "You're talking one kid... at a Walgreens."

TLC must REALLY not have enough storylines if they have to recap Ben and Jessa's courtship, wedding and labor. And, it looks like next week's finale will probably have some Jill and Derick recaps. Blargh!

During a recap of Jessa's wedding, they showed Jim Bob getting ready to walk down the aisle. My dad: "Look, Jim Boob's crying." The wedding was November 2014, so I responded back to my father, "Give them six months and then they'll REALLY have something to cry about." AKA Joshgate 1.0.

Little People Big World sneak peak, aka not enough advertisers.

The Duggars last trip to dangerous Central America was for throwing Christmas parties, because #jeebus.

More old footage, more of me losing my mind...

Season finale part 1 = We're going to drag this sucker out to die a slow death.

My dad, after seeing Sierra: "She kind of rubs me the wrong way." Understatement of the year, dad.

This is basically the We Love Jessa show at this point.

I have to admit, usually it's been at least somewhat enjoyable to snark, but tonight was just too awful.

I'm going to finish with some quotes my dad kept saying under his breath during the show:

"What a bunch of kooks."

"It's all sad. I'm sad."

"What's sad is America watches this crap."

"I'll tell you what, TLC must be shooting themselves."

Hmmmmm, I might have heard wrong, and he could have said "shitting themselves." Either way, I agree.

Tonight sucked.

Just now, Dandruff said:

There's nothing else.

Predictions 

Jinger is obviously courting, I bet Jana is too

I also bet Jill is pregnant, and possibly jessa???? how old is spurgey?

1 minute ago, nst said:

so you don't think it's because he was horny before and now he has had the sex and it has worn off? 

I don't think he likes that she tells him in front of the camers to pack shorts and that Spurgeon uses 7 diapers 

it's about control with him obviously 

As dumb as he is (I mean, what sort of nincompoop needs to be told to pack shorts for hot weather?), no wonder she feels the need to micro-manage. She basically has two children, as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, boxerlover24 said:

Predictions 

If they are courting you would have think they would have a little more footage than the day to day crap they have. Why would TLC wait to the end of the season to announce everything?

Though if Jill and Jessa were both pregnant, and what if they were both pregnant with girls now? *leghumper scream*

For heaven's sake, Jessa. Children are human beings, not Pokemon or commemorative spoons. The point is not just to acquire as many as possible within the shortest possible time frame. If you're really serious about adoption, you can't let your adopted baby have some time to settle in and adjust before you pump out another bio kid? This is serious. This is not a game. You are responsible for your children's emotional well-being.

She sounds like a child fantasizing about playing house.

5 minutes ago, boxerlover24 said:

Predictions 

No no, since TLC showed Joy and Jinger, obviously only Jana is courting!

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Serious hugs & kisses to your dad, @CreationMuseumSeasonPass.  I love him.

I love him, too! He's the best. One more thing to add, my parents watched the replay of last week's episode with me. The scene where the girls are getting ready for the fancy dinner and Anna makes some comment about getting all nice and pretty and there's no guys around.

My dad pipes up, "Well... call Josh."

Ben comes off as very cocky pre-wedding (not that he isn't still cocky...) and I think, even if he noticed Jessa being assertive or taking charge with anything, that he assumed things would change once he was her headship and she would either meekly bow or he would be able to break her. He obviously could not and now I think his pride is hurt. 

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

For a cult that wants women submissive and not in charge, it is rather ironic that the Male Duggars don't really muster up much interest.  Even prior to the scandal,  episodes featuring Josh were lower rated.  I wonder if this sticks in the craw of some of the boys,  especially Josh, pre-scandal.  My impression is that the other boys from JD- Justin, are happy to not be in the limelight.  Jackson seemed to enjoy it when he was little, but we don't see much of him anymore. 

Anyway,  I just think it is an ironic twist, that the older girls are now in the position of earning money for the family as a whole and for their smaller families. 

In addition to be whacked out cultists,  these people can't even do cultism right.  The only that JB seems to succeed at, besides getting Michelle pregnant, is that he seems to know how to make money (in questionable ways, most likely).  Being able to make money enough to support his brood is no easy feat.  In the interest of Fairness, I think we do ow JB credit for being crafty and sly.  He may not be the brightest  or more insightful person on earth, but he can grift and weasel his way to a full bank account. 

Yep...Anna is working to support her family.

Jessa and Jill are not SAHMs- they work every bit as much as their husbands/headships.

And all of JB and M's adult children work to support the family-

Irony at its best.

Archived