IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

Side note- is anyone going to watch Little People Big World anymore?

I used to really like the show... now, it is a soap opera.  Sad to see things fall apart.  I certainly would not want my marriage's demise on TV and I feel awkward even watching the commercials.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, sorry Jinger, but how is "having Christmas parties" some sort of missionary work of helping others?

That is the epitome of White Savior Barbie's Instagram account I think..

I'm sure El Salvador really prioritized their foreign aid needs list to state:

1. More Christmas parties!

"She used to like to pretend being a nurse"  LOL I think she is still pretending...

@twinmama Kissing wouldn't take away from that at all. In fact, didn't their pastor even mention that when he was talking to them the day before their wedding? He said something along the lines of "the bible doesn't say anything about not kissing, kissing isn't a sin" etc.  All the no kissing business is them being self-righteous and making themselves feel better than everyone else. 

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

"She used to like to pretend being a nurse"  LOL I think she is still pretending...

I genuinely thought that was a dig at her midwifery studies at first!

1 minute ago, Scottie said:

@twinmama Kissing wouldn't take away from that at all. In fact, didn't their pastor even mention that when he was talking to them the day before their wedding? He said something along the lines of "the bible doesn't say anything about not kissing, kissing isn't a sin" etc.  All the no kissing business is them being self-righteous and making themselves feel better than everyone else. 

Totally. "Oh the real world is so sinful and full of sex, so we're going to go in the complete opposite direction!" However, many regular people are able to kiss their partners and not pass the boundaries that they want to hold for whatever reasons. It's not like you kiss and 10 seconds later you MUST HAVE SEX.

5 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

For the show to be successful, I think "Breaking Duggar" would be the best idea.

Ideas on where to send the kids

ALL
Disney World without parents.  Watch recent Disney movies on the way there
Pride Parade
Comic Con
Broadway show 

Kidults (18+)
Spring Break in Daytona Beach or Miami
Coachella
A night of clubbing (including all you can drink) (21+)

If any of the Kidults drank in this hypothetical situation I think we need some people to help with the cry fest that would come from not knowing how to drink/handle their alcohol. Don't make the first time they drink a bad one! 

Highway to the Danger Zone (part 2)

One day before they leave for dangerville... Oh wow, Jana is going too! Oh wait, so is pretty much ALL the J'kids.

Joy explains what snacks are for them and what is for J'derick.

Jinger explains that they went a few months ago on a mission, now they're going to join in J'derick's "ministry."

JInger has ant traps... 

Jessa explains that there was a list, like rodent and spider traps, but they also wanted to bring snacks they cant get there.  They want to "be a blessing."

They pack clothes... so she can "remember" them.  Jessa suggests a birthday party for all of them.  They're bringing birthday cards because their birthdays will be there in the next 3 months. Joy pages all the kids to sign the cards.

Jessa - Jill was a "huge encouragement" during her pregnancy so it will be great to meet him.  

Flashback to Jessa being "checked" on the couch by Jill.

Jessa - growing up Jill liked to pretend she was a nurse.  She used to give them drops of juice and check their hearts.

Flashback to pregnant Jessa talking to not pregnant Jill.  They talk about how hard it will be to imagine life with a baby.

Jessa - it was good to be able to come to Jill with questions, it was fresh on her mind and she was just there.

Flashback to them talking about contractions.

Bin - when Jill and Derick came over I got to learn things from him... Derick bench presses Izzy. THis was before he was bigfoot...  

Jill - I think Jessa and Bin enjoyed hearing from us.

JInger - it was sweet to watch Jessa go through pregnancy.  Now she's more laid back and "mild."

Joy - Jessa and Bin knew the jinder but didnt tell

Jessa - it was hard to know for 4 1/2 months but didnt tell (and you still didnt have a fucking name)

Bin - it was hard because people kept asking

Joy - Jessa probably told someone

Josiah - maybe jinger

Jinger - she didnt tell me

OH YAY! Its FUCKING KRAZY EYED SIERRA AND A BABY SHOWER!

Jana - it was a big party before Jill left.  It was the last time we were all together.

Jessa - it was awesome, we had fun games

Flashback to the "fun" games... they dont look fun

Jessa - somehow I was the only one who didnt have a baby and i won the contest.

Jinger takes pics

Jessa - the shower was bittersweet knowing that J'derick would be leaving soon and we wouldnt see them for months.

Back at the TTH - they pack

Joy - its really special that they get to meet Spurge for the first time but I think we'll all enjoy it.

@twinmama Agreed, most people (even 'evil' atheists) are able to control ourselves when we want to. The average person doesn't require an accountability buddy in order to avoid sex if that's not something they're interested in doing. 

And did anyone else pick up on Jessa saying "My oldest brother" instead of saying Josh?  

Just now, Hiddenomaha said:

Did TLC film enough for a full season or was it all such crap that they had to include old material? 

well we need to be reminded about the courtships, the wedding, Josh, the non reasons for the nixing of the kiss, and the torture they liked to not to tell us about the baby 

endlessly 

Oh my gawd.  Spurgeon is lying unattended on the couch.  Again.  Ugh.

jessa is mothering Ben like he doesn't know to bring shorts - I wonder if she meant underwear

oh good Jessa from when she was 10 

Spurgeon is a cute baby.  I am sorry he has the parents he does. 

12 minutes ago, nst said:

is needful an actual word ? you use in a sentence? 

If you're Steven King you can use it in a title. ;)

Bin says "theres germs and stuff."

In the words of my beloved mother, clearly this man's belt does not go through all the loops.

Archived