IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Ben make a box around his mouth..his facial hair just...its shaped like a box around his mouth...sorry, it stuck out to me lol

Just now, Sundaymorning said:

Is St. Louis know to be a "dangerous" place?

I don't know about dangerous, but it's usually included in those "10 Worst Cities to Live in the US."

To the poster who said that Ben wouldn't even be able to bob his head with the beat... I'm sorry to say that you were right.  When they played the song to the group in the studio, all the artists were moving with the beat, and Ben and Jessa just sat awkwardly still.  

Jessa telling us it's great to meet new friends while looking extremely uncomfortable with those new "friends."

Oh, god, she's going to eat Indian food. She's going to make a face, isn't she?

1 minute ago, Mothership said:

So is next week all about Anna?  And then we have the trip to Cintral America for everyone to see Jill and concluding with???

Finally a courting announcement?

baby announcement?

Cancellation announcement?

Is next week the last episode? I wonder how many episodes they are going to do for the season.

I wish Flame had taken Bin to Ferguson, so he could see where Michael Brown had been shot.   That might have been an interesting reaction!

ETA:  FYI  Ferguson is a suburb very near the St Louis airport.

Just now, Lillymuffin said:

I don't know about dangerous, but it's usually included in those "10 Worst Cities to Live in the US."

Ok, and why? I have some internet friends who go to Webster university, and they've never mentioned that the town was a bad place to live.

Yeah, Ben is totally a frat boy wannabe rapper with how he was just acting in the car with flame. Rapping with flame..how did he get this by Jim Bob when courting? 

Also, he just said "frontin" omg

he's rapping in the car 

Be yourself 

oh dear God 

People will run away from you ben 

(Not watching; no tv or desire)

I can't even imagine what this must be like to see.

8 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

Ok, and why? I have some internet friends who go to Webster university, and they've never mentioned that the town was a bad place to live.

I think it has more to do with poverty, decaying infrastructure, and the decline of whatever industries used to be there. It's been a while since I read the article I'm thinking of in particular. I think it might have been in AAA magazine if that helps. 

Living in a place long-term can be a different experience from going to school there. Maybe that makes the difference?

4 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

To the poster who said that Ben wouldn't even be able to bob his head with the beat... I'm sorry to say that you were right.  When they played the song to the group in the studio, all the artists were moving with the beat, and Ben and Jessa just sat awkwardly still.  

Well, of course! Bobbing their heads would be like dancing. :penguin-no:

Counting on Cancellation - Part 5

Flame asks Jessa to "make ben" go in the booth.  Bin agrees.  Jessa glares at him.  He points at her... 

She cracks a smile.  

Bin raps.  OMG.  I simply cannot explain what happens... I just... omg...  no words.

Bin th - I couldnt hear myself, the headphones were too loud... 

Jessa laughs at him. 

Bin - I think they're really going to have to work to make my sample sound good.  

They say they're going to auto tune it and add the baby.

They call it "believe it by spurge featuring bin."  PLEASE put this shit online. OMG its ridiculous. autotune is magic

Bin th - spec has some skillz.  It was mind blowing.

Jessa - I thought it was funny

They salute "spurge."  

They then go back to working on the "real project' and play what they were working on.  It sounds much better than what we heard when it was originally recorded.  The editor is a master.

Bin we had a great time.  I cant wait to hear it when they get it completed completely

Jessa - complete completely

Flame takes bin on a ride through the hood.  Jessa is going to eat with the wimmenz.  Flame pulls up at a boarded up building.  Flame explains that he moved out of the projects and grew up in a basement room.  There was a lot of crime and he got sucked into that because it was right there, all around.  It was a tough environment.  Flame describes a body in the street.

Bin explains that shaped his life and he met the lord... 

Jessa and spurge meet up for lunch at an indian restaurant.  Jessa asks if they're from india.  Um, no... they were born here.  Jessa likes to learn about cultures.  Its jessa's first time at an indian restaurant.  

Jessa asks to see wedding pictures... she happens to have an album in her bag.  He rode in on a white horse with a veil. At a traditional indian wedding the man is the prize.

Bin pulls up to a restaurant.  Flame explains how he was robbed.  He used to have a knife, pulled it out and the robber ran away.  Flame was 12.

Bin says that flame pointed out locations. Its amazing what kids go through in the inner city.  

They drive and rap to his own music.

Bin - it was a lot easier to get into the music with him sitting right there.

They pull up to the grandmother's house.  Flame shows a sign about a national night out in 1987.  They tried to bring LE and people together.  

Bin - I really have a taste for inner city ministry. I want to get involved. 

He asks flame how he can get plugged in. Flame tells him to go to local churches and be himself.  Its possible that he can do it. WHen people see you're genuine they let you in their hearts.

The menfolk arrive wher the women are eating.  Bin is going to be a missionary to the inner city. He appreciates flame taking the time...  

Flame says "ben fit right in."  They all laugh.

3 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

It's also very racially segregated.  

Oh god. Does anyone else think Ben is going to that bible college in Chicago so he can minister to the "inner city" kids there?

Just now, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

Oh god. Does anyone else think Ben is going to that bible college in Chicago so he can minister to the "inner city" kids there?

Now that you mention it, yes. This episode totally sets up for that. 

So overall Ben is trying to convert the masses one day at a time whether videos, music, clothes and Jessa has to follow him while laying Spud on a oouch. Clearly Jessa was uncomfortable with the session, and the luncheon.  Either this girl can only be with family or nothing makes her feel comfortable. Ben has no clue and I want that song from Flame so I can laugh at it

DQ cutting Iddy's hair was just wrong,

and JD made the show with his glances at the camera 

2 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

It's also very racially segregated.  

which makes Ben not really appreciated if he actually went there to preach in churches ? 

Did they explain how they know these two girls Jessa is having lunch with?  My stream cuts in and out.  

Ben, the inner city does not need you as a minister.  Be yourself lol go minister in Tontitown.  

9 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Is next week the last episode? I wonder how many episodes they are going to do for the season.

I don't think that next week is the last episode because they would have said something. 

1 minute ago, RabbitKM said:

Did they explain how they know these two girls Jessa is having lunch with?  My stream cuts in and out.  

Ben, the inner city does not need you as a minister.  Be yourself lol go minister in Tontitown.  

one was the wife of Flame and the other was I think her sister 

she showed jessa her wedding book

Just now, RabbitKM said:

One of them is Flame's wife. 

He thinks they are the Fundy version of Kanye and Kim. Benye or Benessa. That's it. That's IT! Because he's all edgy and deep and she's got her new fashion gig going.... Chicago is happening, people. He's going to market a line of Christian shoes and hats and she's gonna do the whole alliterative thing with boutique items for feminine fundies. Maybe even a lingerie line. They could call it 'Bows' and the ads can be tasteful little shots of a shopping bag with an archery motif, with catchy little slogans like 'so his quiver will always be full'.......in green....because, fertility....

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived