IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Don't they use cayenne in CA? I am pretty sure that they do.

Don't know about CA, but it wouldn't surprise me if some countries don't. Or maybe they do but they use the actual chilies and not the powder. It wouldn't occur to Jill to not use powder. 

Ben looks like he just wants to act like a young frat boy wannabe rapper but then looks to jessa and checks himself lol 

Counting on Cancellation - Part 4

BIn and Jessa head to flame's studio.  Flame is now a "good friend."  

Bin and Jessa walks down the stairs into the "studio" everyone yells (the camera was already there... so... how was this a surprise?)  He's introduced to other "artists" and his wife.

Flame tells us that Bin emailed him.  They did the interviews and they "kept up" and now here they are. Flame is drawing from sermons and experience into a song.

Bin explains that he puts "all that" into 3 1/2 minutes to sound good and teach.

Flame - one of the unique things about hip hop is you can do that

Bin - he always likes to teach something...

They play something by "b rose" and its actually pretty good.  

Too bad she's a heathen female wearing a hat and preaching to men...

Bin knows the verse she's singing about. They are surprised.

Bin TH - the start she sang was amazing.  Thats what they were starting with.  They were going to rap around the chorus.

They play with it a bit.  Ben explains what a chorus is.  Ben adds "a different sound but still melodic." Flame sings - ITS AWFUL and out of key.  Mike tries "pure rap" and it also sounds pretty bad.  

Bin explains that he "spitting the bars" by doing it all in one take.  Jessa is proud they learned a term.

Jessa TH - the message is super deep here.  It still has the message and its great. 

Spurge is cooing and making noise.  He sings along. Bin brings spurge into the booth to get samples.  They call him "spurgeonator."

They peer pressure Bin to go into the booth.  They say they can make him sound amazing. Ben agrees and goes in.  His green sweater with button down shirt is appropriate rap attire.

They show shots of the "dangerous neighborhood."  Flame shows him where someone was murdered... houses burned out... 

I can't even watch the episode, but from what I read here, I have the feeling that Ben could feel that he has been missing out on stuff young guys his age did and do. Listening to rap and hip-hop, trying to be cool, and so on. Too bad that he is a fundie, married and has a kid.

1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

OMG -- there's another episode next Tuesday!!!

yes they go on a road trip 

Just now, Sundaymorning said:

I can't even watch the episode, but from what I read here, I have the feeling that Ben could feel that he has been missing out on stuff young guys his age did and do. Listening to rap and hip-hop, trying to be cool, and so on. Too bad that he is a fundie, married and has a kid.

no Ben feels the only way he can reach the masses is to rap because the boy realizes that his videos were never being played

and again NO need to watch the show when you can 

Flame and his friends are more fun and have more personality in one section of an episode than the rest of the Duggars combined.

Stupid me.

I thought Counting On was only for three episodes, tonight being the third.

Spurgenator? ugh..no

Commercials: tic promos, mothers day trailer, Strong tv spot, Martins store, xfinity, tlc promos

1 minute ago, nst said:

when do babies turn over -because jessa had him on that tiny couch 

even i got worried 

They are fond of leaving him on couches 

I gotta say those guy come across as very nice and cool. They're having fun doing what they're doing. To Ben, no comment.

The second-hand embarrassment is almost too much to bear. Also, was it just me, or did the blonde chick (didn't catch her name) look less than impressed by the changes they were making to her song?

Oh, Ben, you do NOT honestly think you can minister in the inner city....PLEASE tell me he did not say that......this is even more horrifying than the Dillard's arrogance about being missionaries to CA.....and, seriously, he said Flame could 'help with that?' :bangheaddesk:

So is next week all about Anna?  And then we have the trip to Cintral America for everyone to see Jill and concluding with???

Finally a courting announcement?

baby announcement?

Cancellation announcement?

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived