IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, nst said:

ben posted on Jessa's instagram where you can get the song !!!!!

and he is singing in the video 

THANK YOU @nst!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I respect people doing what they can to sell their product/art, but damn, what was Flame thinking? I know he probably saw this whole thing as free advertising but does he really think this will be effective?

I'm sure the leghumpers are all over his Youtube and iTunes pages listening to his songs.  Now that Flame has been Jessa approved, they can allow themselves to do that lol

I can't wait to see Ben approach an elderly black female that has been going to church all her life, and his attempt to "minister" to her. She will chew him up and spit him out. She has most likely lived the life of a good Christian for more years than she cares to remember and under circumstances that would curl Ben's toes. He will have nothing to say to her that she doesn't already know, probably much better than he does. With all his "privilege", he has no business in the inner city.

Just now, Chickenbutt said:

I can't wait to see Ben approach an elderly black female that has been going to church all her life, and his attempt to "minister" to her. She will chew him up and spit him out. She has most likely lived the life of a good Christian for more years than she cares to remember and under circumstances that would curl Ben's toes. He will have nothing to say to her that she doesn't already know, probably much better than he does. With all his "privilege", he has no business in the inner city.

More like Bin will walk up to a group mid drug deal and offer them Ray Comfort's billion dollar bills.  He will be dressed in his coolest "preppy" sweater and backwards hat.

30 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Now that you mention it, yes. This episode totally sets up for that. 

Except that he's taking his classes online, so he doesn't have to go to Chicago for anything, even graduation, if he so chooses not to. 

And now for my weekly edition of "Deep Thoughts with the Duggars."

1. The bonus scene from last week's episode had Jed getting untreated wood when all they needed was treated wood. The entire time I was comically thinking, "Jesus Christ, Jed, you had ONE job!"

2. There was a quick scene with Meow the Cat, the same one from the Derick sled debacle. Nice to see the cat didn't die.

3. I bet that really long happy birthday video to Israel was to fill advertising air time.

4. Of course the Duggars don't know about hip hop music. We've been subjected to years and years of having to endure them singing "Amazing Grace" or playing it on their screeching violins. But, thanks for the reminder, TLC!

5. Ben's rapping was EVERYTHING I could have wished for and more. It was atrocious, which meant it was AMAZING to watch.

6. Ugh, God, we're going to have Anna talking next week about Josh coming back soon. And still, there still hasn't been a Joshley sighting yet.

These fucking people.

Just now, RabbitKM said:

I'm sure the leghumpers are all over his Youtube and iTunes pages listening to his songs.  

I can maybe seen them listening to the song where Ben's autotuned to hell and back voice makes an appearance, but I doubt that will carry over to the rest of his music. This isn't a comment on his stuff--I have zero interest in listening to Christina anything so I can't judge, there--but on the demographic most likely to watch they show because they genuinely really like it. 

Just now, marmalade said:

Except that he's taking his classes online, so he doesn't have to go to Chicago for anything, even graduation, if he so chooses not to. 

he just emails everyone :D he wants to have interviews or sing with 

I find it impossible to believe that Christian rap is a real thing, despite all evidence to the contrary. My brain just refuses to accept it.

Just now, Buzzard said:

More like Bin will walk up to a group mid drug deal and offer them Ray Comfort's billion dollar bills.  He will be dressed in his coolest "preppy" sweater and backwards hat.

Yeah, that preppy-ass sweater pretty much erases all the street cred points he might have racked up with his stupid sideways baseball cap. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

he just emails everyone :D he wants to have interviews or sing with 

Bin can interview me.  Buzzard@freejinger.org

I can tell him shit that will rock his tiny little world.

3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I respect people doing what they can to sell their product/art, but damn, what was Flame thinking? I know he probably saw this whole thing as free advertising but does he really think this will be effective?

I don't understand the whole thing. He seems like a good producer, but shouldn't he know his audience? I don't think the LH are going to run to his site and buy his albums, and while I normally appreciate Christian music that goes outside the norm, once you get involved with the Duggars you get a big X next to your name from me.

There are areas of St. Louis that are among the poorest and most segregated in the country, and there have been some VERY serious issues with policing. There is anger in those neighborhoods, and there are gangs. There are not many jobs. And it could be dangerous to someone who came in and disrespected family or friends, and I don't think Ben would even realize he was doing so.

I can see the police getting wind of a "white boy in preppy clothes" wandering the streets of the inner city and going out to find him and send him home to Arkansas.

Kudos to the person upthread who said that Bin thinks that he and Jessa are the Kanye and Kim K of the fundie world.

1 minute ago, bella8050 said:

I don't understand the whole thing. He seems like a good producer, but shouldn't he know his audience? I don't think the LH are going to run to his site and buy his albums, and while I normally appreciate Christian music that goes outside the norm, once you get involved with the Duggars you get a big X next to your name from me.

The Leghumpers are already all over Flame's FB page.  They are loving it.  I was hoping for some backlash from his fans.  Haven't seen it yet, or he's really good at deleting negative posts.

2 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

I find it impossible to believe that Christian rap is a real thing, despite all evidence to the contrary. My brain just refuses to accept it.

There is no corner of entertainment that Christians won't sink their teeth into. 

Though it's really not that surprising. While of a different type than the Duggars, Christianity is a big part of African American culture. It makes perfect sense that there is room in hip hop for Christianity. 

2 minutes ago, Mothership said:

The Leghumpers are already all over Flame's FB page.  They are loving it.  I was hoping for some backlash from his fans.  Haven't seen it yet, or he's really good at deleting negative posts.

My negative post on FB was deleted.

One of my good friends from grade school went to college in St. Louis. He would tell me stories of driving in certain areas of the city and not wanting to stop, because you would definitely get carjacked. He was out driving one night in a rough area and didn't want to stop for a red light, because stopping would certainly mean trouble. So, he ran the red light. Then, he realized a cop was behind him. The cop ran the red light, too. He didn't want to stop in that neighborhood either. Also, my colleague had a college friend who was carjacked in St. Louis because the guy wanted to steal her cell phone. He shot her and she died. It was terrible, and he wrote an editorial column in her memory. Do you guys remember the scene from National Lampoon's Vacation where they get lost in East St. Louis?

Wonder what J'Chelle and Boob think of all of this? Their original cult hates every kind of music except hymns and maybe some classical pieces.

4 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Is it possible that he's just not aware of how fucked up the Duggars are and just sees the show as a good way to grow his audience? We know how weird the leghumpers are because of how much time we spend reading about these people, but just judging by the few casual viewers I know, I can imagine Flame thinking appearing on TV with a famous Christian couple would be good move on his part. He should have done his research, but I can sort of understand. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived