IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

Bin is the whitest white boy to ever white boy...my gawd! He would literally shit himself if he ever found himself in my neighborhood...stay where you are little boy :roll:

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishing I would have watched now. I live in a suburb of St. Louis and work downtown. The city I live in (Florissant) is right next to Ferguson. Everything Sophie said above about the area is true.

I might have to find the episode just to watch Bin and Jessa in the big city. Yeah, would love to see him go to someplace like Kinloch (notorious city neighborhood) and preach. Ha!

13 hours ago, Mothership said:

Remember when the girls didn't know how to cook?  yet, all Jill needed to say was cayenne pepper and they knew exactly what recipe she was planning to make.

It would have been about a 6 hour drive!  Why didn't they just drive?

Too lazy?

Time pressed? 2 stops? Clearly someone isn't 2 bright with the travel plans. If that was the BEST (or only) flight that they could get, why wouldn't you drive? Less time AND having your own car? No brainer-

But, but, if they drive, no one will see them in the airports and run to them to share in their D list celebrity glory. If I saw a Duggar in the flesh, I would immediately ask if I could take a selfie with them, because I wouldn't want them to feel ignored or unknown.Maybe not. :irony:  :playful2:

I couldn't tell whether the trip that Joy referred to (when she's bringing the cayenne pepper was the one with the backpacks that we saw them leaving for already (Jana and Anna didn't go) or another trip because it sounded like Jana was going to go.  TLC gets so wonky with the timeline.

[and Joy really seemed to be the only one who really wanted to to talk with Jill.  Anna is always nice and asks about Izzy but Jana and Jinger seemed bored]

Is TLC going to send a whole crew down there with the family and finally give us the shot of all the dangerous brown people gangs---something other the same road from behind Jill in the car?  Was their "Tribute" to Izzy making it to his first birthday the official Jill shout out?  

They kept showing the same damn clips with Flame--same block, same conversation (first it was teased, then it was shown, then it was a reminder clip).  Is this the substitute for the dangerous CA we've been hearing about?

Just like the Dullards in their well-equipped house (nice hint there Jill--you'll be returning home this summer--Permanently? for a visit?), I don't see Benessa looking to seriously move into the urban core in any city and settling in for longer term and truly helpful work.

2 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

And also get their fair share of attention for being in "danger."

What.....are there cougars in St. Louis??

I really noticed that Jessa just looked so out of place in the Flame segments.....with the group and at the lunch table.  She clearly doesn't mix at all with non fundies. Even at the pedi place, next to StrawberrySierra and Kristen, she seems to just fade away.

Is this just me?

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Only if you count me! (sorry, couldn't resist. rahrrrr.....)

I wish I had known in advance of their visit, I might have tried to stalk them. In a non-creepy, just being nosey kind of way.

12 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

Wonder what J'Chelle and Boob think of all of this? Their original cult hates every kind of music except hymns and maybe some classical pieces.

Money over all else.

Ben made money for Duggarville- that's all that matter.

18 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I really noticed that Jessa just looked so out of place in the Flame segments.....with the group and at the lunch table.  She clearly doesn't mix at all with non fundies. Even at the pedi place, next to StrawberrySierra and Kristen, she seems to just fade away.

Is this just me?

Not just you. In non-fundie settings, Jessa is always the one that brings to mind, "One of these things is not like the others." Just...not even awkward, exactly. Just completely disinterested and lacking in presence.

19 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Is this just me?

no it's not you - I guess I never pieced together that if they are not fundy - Jessa can't have a conversation but throw in Sierra and Tacos4life lady and she can go on and on about the lord and helping people

I guess us heathens would scare her because we have choices, a life, real stuff 

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Too lazy?

Time pressed? 2 stops? Clearly someone isn't 2 bright with the travel plans. If that was the BEST (or only) flight that they could get, why wouldn't you drive? Less time AND having your own car? No brainer-

they want to be seen imo at the airport- more traffic equals more money on websites 

1 minute ago, nst said:

no it's not you - I guess I never pieced together that if they are not fundy - Jessa can't have a conversation but throw in Sierra and Tacos4life lady and she can go on and on about the lord and helping people

I guess us heathens would scare her because we have choices, a life, real stuff 

Yes, and next to Sierra and Kristen, she seems almost backwards. In that, the other two seem "secular" in comparison, because Jessa has never been to Aldi even by herself. Sierra grew up wearing pants and all that would go with that, and Kristen works with the public. It is just so obvious and really, it is not Jessa's  fault, although of course she could leave, but that ain't gonna happen. The end. 

14 hours ago, nst said:

Bluegrass music is a form of American rootsmusic, and a related genre of country music. Influenced by the music of Appalachia,Bluegrass has mixed roots in Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and English traditional music, and was also later influenced by the music of African-Americans through incorporation of jazz elements

To which came the reply...

10 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Not quite, It began by people playing their instruments on the front porches in the foothills of Appalachia and was influenced by Gospel and Folk music. An early influence was the African American hymns they would sing in the fields.  We're taught this early on in school in East TN. :) As backwards as it might be on some things, we do learn our heritage. 

You are both right.  The music of the people of Appalachia, that they played on the porches, etc. does have its origins in "has mixed roots in Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and English traditional music," and, as you both note, was influenced by African American music, the songs of the slaves in the field, etc.. And it is closely related (and could be seen as a branch of) country music, if you think of an ongoing exchange between the different American forms.

19 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Is this just me?

Definitely not just you. Jessa likes to be in control, and that's more difficult when she's away from the things that are familiar to her.  Other than their faux missionary trips, how many people of color have any of the Duggars been around - and on a more intimate level? I also think the Duggars go into a lot of these situations with the mindset that they're going to be the "white saviors," and it must be weird for them to meet people from a different culture who absolutely do not need anything the Duggars sell (yes, Flame obviously wanted the publicity from this episode, but that's another discussion). 

With Sierra and Kristen, it appears that Sierra is the one who is in charge. Sierra seems like someone who likes to get things done and is the person who will round up the troops to make it happen. As much as Jessa may like being in control, I also think she doesn't like doing that much work (as evidence by the episode where they put can lighting in the bedroom as well as Jessa's repeated comments about "input and output" in regards to Spurgeon's care). Jessa's probably uncomfortable because she's afraid Sierra might have a job for her to do! In addition, I'm sure Sierra (and perhaps Kristen, too) are a little more "with it" in regards to life experiences. Jesse has been so extremely sheltered, especially with the TV show acting as an additional insulating factor that she's probably clueless to many of the things Sierra and other fundie women talk about and feels kind of dumb. 

11 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Google says 5.5 hours drive time. 

Sure beats getting to the airport at 130 and arriving in STL at 10pm, renting a car (another 45 mins) and then, getting to the hotel an hour after.  And possibly having your luggage lost or, wait yet another 30 minutes for the luggage if you did not carry on.

Sheesh! 

Drive.  Leave home after breakfast and have lunch in STL.  Easy breezy beautiful. Road trip FTW.

I wonder why JD didn't fly them? Though driving would have been the most sensible option.

10 hours ago, Stoned Fundie said:

Sounds like STL is comparable to Detroit. Detroit made me want to cry my way home and hug a corn stalk once I got back in Ohio...

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure Detroit was #1 in the list of ten worst cities in the US. (I really need to find that article again!) 

On 4/12/2016 at 9:53 AM, CoveredInBees said:

Boob's Dawg and The Lawn Boyz

I think Lawn Jockey or Beninem

13 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Kudos to the person upthread who said that Bin thinks that he and Jessa are the Kanye and Kim K of the fundie world.

I wanna be like Bin-ye...
Jesus is the King of me always
Marry a Duggar and have it my way
All day, like Bin-ye, yeah, yeah

15 hours ago, cptbailey said:

OMFG. Why won't they  STOP shoving Sierra down our throats?? I didn't think this wretched show could get any worse, but here we are.

The new Amy....

There is ONE negative comment on the facebook page.  Richard Mittens' tweets are still there, but I guess you cant delete tweets. 

flamefb.jpg

18 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure Detroit was #1 in the list of ten worst cities in the US. (I really need to find that article again!) 

I think St. Louis and Detroit tend to switch places for the #1 spot. The company I work for helps the city with PR responses every time that list comes out. I'm not on that team anymore so have purposely not paid attention.

14 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

Are there a lot of Christian hip-hoppers/rappers around in the US? Or does Bennie secretly listen to some ebil, worldly "regular" hip-hop/rap? :kitty-shifty:

Quite a few--LaCrae is a good one,

10 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I wanna be like Bin-ye...
Jesus is the King of me always
Marry a Duggar and have it my way
All day, like Bin-ye, yeah, yeah

This is almost a job for me

On Instagram just follow me

'Cause I always need the publicity

'Cause my paycheck comes from TLC

14 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I guarantee they sell fly swatters in Cintralmerica

And Cayenne Pepper....hello local market?

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived