IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

On 4/9/2016 at 9:05 AM, albanuadh_1 said:

On J & J's page, there is a video of Ben and the rappers. You know I do believe he is enjoying himself. As much as I snark on Ben, do bad he married so young and to a Duggar! He should be out and trying different things like this to discover what his true goal is.

I feel like if Ben was just a normal, slightly douchey, clueless college kid with his silly hat, he'd be so unremarkable that no one would even notice him. But since he's married to a Duggar and clearly trying to portray himself as a rising star preacher rapper with something so important to say that he can't actually articulate it, all we can do is snark in disbelief.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nst said:

in the newest promo on usmagazine.com 

jessa is at TTH discussing the tree house with JD while breastfeeding beside him and giving him heck because he won't put a window in the tree house 

he actually glanced at the camera while talking to her - because she was being obnoxious 

I actually watched that and it was funny to me how, like, comfortable he seemed. Like usually I can't watch JD he makes me squirm he is so awkward and I'm always screaming at the tv "why didn't they give him another take!?!?!?" but I get a sense from the few things I watched that JD may be ready to get his life moving and this show is being used as basically a courting ad for them.

Plus I think JD has extra pressure to be the new and improved Josh. "That son gone fucked up he's not around anymore we don't wanna talk about it but look at our SECOND SON!! A MAN!! Who would like to come and show the world what it means to be the wife of a DUGGAR!!! Step on up to prove your GODLYNESS with JOHN DAVID DUGGAR!!!!!! THE NEW HEIR TO THE DUGGARDOME"

Anyone have the link to the video of JD and Jessa? I went to the Us Weekly website but can't seem to find a search feature.

People are shocked to hear the Duggar girls do construction. Riiiight. I'm sure they've never done anything more than what we are seeing in this video. When I worked at a daycare we did some projects where (under heavy supervision) kids used a saw like in that video. But I wouldn't say those kids were doing actual construction work.

Interesting that JD mentioned wanting to get the mess picked up because of safety reasons. So far I swear he's the only Duggar I've seen mention safety about anything. (Other than central american not being safe.)

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

People are shocked to hear the Duggar girls do construction. Riiiight. I'm sure they've never done anything more than what we are seeing in this video. When I worked at a daycare we did some projects where (under heavy supervision) kids used a saw like in that video. But I wouldn't say those kids were doing actual construction work.

Interesting that JD mentioned wanting to get the mess picked up because of safety reasons. So far I swear he's the only Duggar I've seen mention safety about anything. (Other than central american not being safe.)

why bring things up constantly that they think the public wants to hear -  :D

and Jessa just stop acting like you know everything

3 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

The only rapping Ben needs to be doing is wrapping it up and getting a real-world job like a responsible husband and father. (And lose the hat... for good.)

Or for God...:tw_smirk:

I've only seen a couple of the new specials/show. Its very odd. Here are all these kids and two 20-somethings (Jana and JD) and no parents....  Does anyone know if Mrs. Query or someone is still doing the homeschool? Also, have Grandma and Amy just been dumped?

A little off topic, but, I also saw a Bates show. The in-home video survielence isn't shown (no surprise) but what gets me is it is exactly the same show, the family belongs to exactly the same cult, but without the humping horndog husband (thank God). So, that's my other question: Has PDA been banned from the Duggar's show now. I might watch then. Coudn't stand it

On 4/9/2016 at 11:57 AM, PennySycamore said:

@HarleyQuinn,  the blog you are referring to is

The Pioneer Woman Sux

and then there's this:

PieNear Woman

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I make a version of PW's burgundy mushrooms which, although I say it myself, is absolutely delicious.  It has a 1/4 the butter, 1/20 the sodium, no bouillon cubes, rosemary instead of dill and is vegetarian, unlike the original.

I call it "Palimpsest's 9 hour mushrooms with a splash of plonk." 

3 hours ago, habert said:

Plus I think JD has extra pressure to be the new and improved Josh. "That son gone fucked up he's not around anymore we don't wanna talk about it but look at our SECOND SON!! A MAN!! Who would like to come and show the world what it means to be the wife of a DUGGAR!!! Step on up to prove your GODLYNESS with JOHN DAVID DUGGAR!!!!!! THE NEW HEIR TO THE DUGGARDOME"

The entire time I was reading this, I had the guy who does the monster truck commercials screaming "Are you readddddddy!" stuck in my head.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

No safety glasses.

Isn't there a quote about God protecting fools, drunks and children. 

Duggars have 2 out of three covered there..............

2 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Or for God...:tw_smirk:

Or at least indoors, dammit. It seems so disrespectful in so many places. I know, I'm old fashioned.

It's almost like he got a weird tattoo or something and has to keep the hat on.

6 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

@anotherone, yes they definitely have to call ahead. In any reality show when they visit public places or friends or whatever, production has to plan beforehand and have people sign releases. For example, they can't show footage of a store clerk legally, without a signed release from that person. 

Well i meant more like, if i'm going to a store and will be taking large amounts of product and causing a commotion, i would just give the store manager a heads up. Or have them maybe open a little early or something. Regardless of the filming issue. I cant see them shopping like that normally.

12 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

It's almost like he got a weird tattoo or something and has to keep the hat on.

Maybe he has Voldemort on the back of his head like Professor Quirrell? 

I only know PW from her Food Network show.  I can only manage 10 minutes of it before I start to get nauseaus.  I'm not sure if it's the food or her face or annoying personality.  Actually, the majority of the "celebrities" on these cooking channels annoy me.  The only one I can sit through is Trisha Yearwood, but even that is beyond contrived.  

PW is a smart woman and I can see how people would fawn all over her.  Some of her Walmart stuff is pretty cool actually.  

She always screws up my Google searches when I want to look up anything related to the actual "pioneer" time period.  I usually have to sift through a page and a half of her crap.

PW is absolutely, infuriatingly brilliant...whatever I may think of her, girl knows her audience and how to cater to them. 

And she has this bread pudding recipe that's been my "secret recipe" for years. It's what my relatives request for every potluck and holiday. 

I don't think I get the pioneer woman here 

we get diners drive in and dives - I love that show :D 

it's disgusting what he shows on tv that classifies as food 

36 minutes ago, nst said:

I don't think I get the pioneer woman here 

we get diners drive in and dives - I love that show :D 

it's disgusting what he shows on tv that classifies as food 

I love Triple D- love it!

Watching a bonus scene from last week's episode...Joy and Sierra go to the food store to get supplies for the baby shower...Sierra has her laptop with and open in the store. Does she not have a phone that she could make a list with and use that to help shop. :confused2: 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Maybe he has Voldemort on the back of his head like Professor Quirrell? 

I'm watching HP as we speak and can not stop laughing now!!

I'm sat in my hotel room in New York feeling stupidly excited that I'm going to be able watch Benye make a tit out of himself at the same time you guys are! 

I have a bag of peanut M&Ms on my lap, and I'm ready for @Buzzard's recaps! Hopefully we'll get a sample of Beezy tonight. Buzzard, will you be posting a video of yourself rapping like Ben? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived