IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

bluegrass ? 

Bluegrass music is a form of American rootsmusic, and a related genre of country music. Influenced by the music of Appalachia,Bluegrass has mixed roots in Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and English traditional music, and was also later influenced by the music of African-Americans through incorporation of jazz elements

I don't think so 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Ben. You ministering in the inner city is even more ridiculous than Jill and Derrick converting Catholics in Danger America. Get that thought out of your head. 

Just now, EmCatlyn said:

It's hair cuts by proxy.  In Derrick's new religion, the son is there to get his haircuts in place of the father.

and how Iddy kept swatting Michelle's hands and she nearly swiped them with the razor 

1 minute ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Stop leaving S. Elliot on the couch!!

Seriously! Do they not have a bassinet or a crib for this child?

1 minute ago, EmCatlyn said:

It's hair cuts by proxy.  In Derrick's new religion, the son is there to get his haircuts in place of the father.

Ah, a new spin on the whole "sins-of-the-father" dealie. 

Oh, good golly ...
Ben tries to give a highbrow explanation of how/why he changes diapers.

Oh, Ben --
It's such a privilege to watch your simpleton mind at work.

2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

No, Ben. You ministering in the inner city is even more ridiculous than Jill and Derrick converting Catholics in Danger America. Get that thought out of your head. 

i think he did - hence the clothing he wears to preach while he walks instead 

Counting on Cancellation - Part 2

"to the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal"... sorry, I got off tangent.  Couldnt help myself. That had nothing to do with the episode.  I'm just inspired by Bin and the excitement coming for his raptastic debut!

JD explains that they started on the treehouse "a few weeks ago."  (um, a 3 episode arc, really?).  Now its covered in ice.  John draw on the sketch for the treehouse, jessa is impressed.

Jessa BF and tells Jana to make a list about what they need.  They argue about insulating a window unit.  

Jana TH  - Jessa has an opinion on a lot of things and isnt afraid to let us know.

JD now explains that it will be insulated, air conditioned, andhave power.  He says thats not a priority.

Outside - JD explains there is pressure to get it done because safety... oh, and the kids are ready to play in it and so is he.

Jinger TH - SPeople are surprised when they hear that my sisters and I do construction.  They have a preconcieved idea in their head and its kind of funny.

JOE - its not weird to see girls pitching in, everyone does their part.

Jessa TH - when we were younger we had plans but nothing was built.  Everyone is super excited about this, we're fulfilling our childhood dream.

JInger is shaking, she's cold... 

Jessa TH - growing up we did a lot of remodeling and construction.  We even helped build our house.

Anna comes out with hot chocolate with everyone's names written on the disposable cups.

At Jessa's house - Bin explains they are packing up to see Flame in st luis. They're "friends."  We are treated to a bit of a music video.  Bin wants to do interviews. A few weeks ago they got together and "hit it off."

Jessa TH - I wouldnt have known anything about christian hip hop but for ben.  I listen to bluegrass, classical, christian country, but ben really likes christian hip hop.  I was listening to the message an some of the lyrics are really deep.

Shot of their wedding pic, next to bound copies of spurgeon's sermons.

Bin walks over to the spurge who is laying on the couch.  He picks him up.

Bin - I'm interested in ministering in the inner cities.  Flame is a good connection to have there.

Jessa - Our plan is to pack 3X as many outfits for him than for us.

TH - If ben is home he has diaper duty... 

Ben - when I become aware he needs a diaper change its a mental hurdle to get ready to do it.  

Jessa -  I do the input, you take care of the output.

They zip up the bag... the blackboard in the bedroom has a bible quote.  A close up of the book "big red barn" is shown in her bag.  Spurge coos.

Jessa - He travels really well, he sleeps most of the time on planes and makes it easy on us.

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

Well, honestly, I'd pay to see Bennie trying to minister some real gang members. Or even worse for him, people who actually know something about the bible and Christianity in general. :popcorn:

1 minute ago, nst said:

bluegrass ? 

Bluegrass music is a form of American rootsmusic, and a related genre of country music. Influenced by the music of Appalachia,Bluegrass has mixed roots in Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and English traditional music, and was also later influenced by the music of African-Americans through incorporation of jazz elements

I don't think so 

And as a result of its rich history, a lot of the lyrics have Christian themes, so I'm honestly not surprised that Jessa would like it. Obviously Bin is much more relaxed about music than her father, so she's been exposed to more. I've been listening to a lot of progressive bluegrass lately. Good stuff.

I literally laughed when Ben said he wants to minister to the inner city.  Has he ever BEEN to the inner city??? I would seriously pay to see that happen.  Here Ben, I can give you a lovely tour of the Bronx! I'm dead serious.  If you read here, I'm a much better "connection" to the inner city than Flame.  What a freaking joke.  It almost makes me mad that they go on about things they literally know nothing about.

On a different note, am I the only one who found JD's Talking Heads a little... endearing?

Just now, RabbitKM said:

I literally laughed when Ben said he wants to minister to the inner city.  Has he ever BEEN to the inner city??? I would seriously pay to see that happen.  Here Ben, I can give you a lovely tour of the Bronx! I'm dead serious.  If you read here, I'm a much better "connection" to the inner city than Flame.  What a freaking joke.  It almost makes me mad that they go on about things they literally know nothing about.

On a different note, am I the only one who found JD's Talking Heads a little... endearing?

go on his facebook and tell him that  

i found JD endearing in that moment - i stand by it :D

15 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Oh look, the Duggars are asked their opinion on something they're disdainful of and now they have to sit there looking pleasantly blank. 

Does anyone remember JimBob saying that they didn't listen to any kind of music other then classical or some Christian hymns because "the devil can take you" if you get caught up in the music.  It made me want to bang my head against a wall.  

2 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

Well, honestly, I'd pay to see Bennie trying to minister some real gang members. Or even worse for him, people who actually know something about the bible and Christianity in general. :popcorn:

It's my dream for these people to have a "Matt Damon with nun in Dogma" moment. Where someone they try to preach to turns the table on them so spectacularly that they finally realize that they've wasted their lives. I want to see that realization on their faces. 

I find Ben's affection to hip-hop a little out of left field to be honest.  Does he think it makes him cool?  I love how Jana and Jinger literally didn't even know what it was lol

Bin said Flame was a good friend...but had only met him once before for an interview...okay, yeah, totally makes y'all besties then 

Israel was so adorable ... before Michelle went crazy with the clippers.  Ugh.

And baby SpElliott is so stinkin' cute!!  Although if he survives his childhood with idiots for parents, it would be a miracle. 

2 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

I find Ben's affection to hip-hop a little out of left field to be honest.  Does he think it makes him cool?  I love how Jana and Jinger literally didn't even know what it was lol

Are there a lot of Christian hip-hoppers/rappers around in the US? Or does Bennie secretly listen to some ebil, worldly "regular" hip-hop/rap? :kitty-shifty:

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived