IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Okay, getting a constellation tattoo is a pretty cool idea, but you'd have to do it like.... well. Raquel-- I have a friend who got his first tattoo when he was only a little older than you. Instead of running out and getting as many cheap tattoos as he could afford, he researched local tattoo artists, saved a LOT of money, and got a really kickass tattoo of mechanical wings across his shoulders. You are free to get whatever tattoos you want-- but for heaven's sake, stop getting cheap tattoos. 

ETA: It took me a long time to figure out it wasn't just some random snowflakes. :pb_confused:

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how many Bible Verses is she going to tweet/retweet to offset the astrology?  

Raquel, my grandmother was a horrible influence in my life.  I say this, because Grandma went to church, demanded certain behaviors and yet had her 'voodoo book' (her term) of astrology that she read each month.  I was admonished as a child to 'not talk about that because the ladies grandma goes to church with might not understand.'

Adult me is thinking that the folks that follow her blog because purity would not understand the astrology let alone the tattooing it permanently on her wrist.  

No no - that's her Big! Russian! Hands!  She gets that from her mother - who is Russian you know.  (see that first vlog of hers)

Also is she going to wave her arm in front of people only to have them have to ask wtf the tat means?

I had cool ideas for a constellation tattoo of Leo with the sketch of a lion over the top... My brothers are Leo's too. But now I sort of hate the idea. 

10 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

Okay, getting a constellation tattoo is a pretty cool idea, but you'd have to do it like.... well. Raquel-- I have a friend who got his first tattoo when he was only a little older than you. Instead of running out and getting as many cheap tattoos as he could afford, he researched local tattoo artists, saved a LOT of money, and got a really kickass tattoo of mechanical wings across his shoulders. You are free to get whatever tattoos you want-- but for heaven's sake, stop getting cheap tattoos. 

ETA: It took me a long time to figure out it wasn't just some random snowflakes. :pb_confused:

THIS. If you're going to do body art, do body ART. Save up, find an artist who's passionate and can collaborate with you to make something truly beautiful, take care of your tattoo, and do tons of research and thinking before you put needle to skin. Getting what basically looks like slightly fancier prison tats is just a mark of impulsivity.

1 hour ago, xRoo said:

I had cool ideas for a constellation tattoo of Leo with the sketch of a lion over the top... My brothers are Leo's too. But now I sort of hate the idea. 

I've long been considering getting a tattoo of Canis Major with a doberman outline, as a memorial for a favorite dog. I refuse to let a tweeb like Raquel ruin it for me.

RE: the cop and dancing.

I get the vibe that a lot of other people aren't real to Raquel, just stage dressing.

Okay, I'm about to officially enter "get off my lawn territory," but do these people realize tattoos are permanent, and on your body for the rest of your life? 

I have no moral or ethical objection to tattoos. But I find it shocking when people don't research tattoos and get something that they've lot a lot about and really means something to them. You're gonna be carrying that around and looking at it for the next fifty to sixty years, maybe it shouldn't be something that you do on a whim because you have fifty extra bucks and want to compete with your Twitter friends. 

3 hours ago, xRoo said:

This is worse than the queen tattoo. Oh Raquel. Thank you for cheering me up. 

Aries has the best hair?! This girl has serious hair issues. Where did this list of Aries traits come from?!

I'm Aries, and I have to admit I have always had fabulous hair. :56247958035f1_32(18):

4 hours ago, xRoo said:

Where did this list of Aries traits come from?!

She made them up. ;)

Well fuck she is heading back to Peru. It sounds like it might be a family visit, though, not a trip to the boy's home.

How exactly does she afford her lifestyle? She can't make that much money as a uneducated barista who doesn't seem to work in a very busy coffee shop. Yet she doesn't seem to live a very frugal life. 

She also tweeted that her first almost boyfriend is now engaged. I'm guessing that the "almost boyfriend" didn't realize that he was almost dating her. 

It's a secret!  Shhhhhh It's a secret!  She's going back to Peru.  She's booked her flight.

Uh, if it is a secret why are you screaming it on Twitter?  

peru.JPG

People like Raquel are a dime a dozen when it comes to tats.  One of my guilty pleasures is watching shows like Tattoo Nightmares and other shows like it.  So many people come in for cover ups because they got some horrible tattoo that was poorly thought out and from a less than stellar tattoo artist.

I actually think some prison tats could give the ones she has a run for the money.

It's funny how all those Aries things fit her *perfectly*  I'm a virgo and have many of the traits, but not every. single. one.

Also, if she hadn't put that aries text below the picture I would have thought it was random snowflakes as well.

I only fit.bits if Pisces.  Because a lot of times I come off as a libra which is my rising sign (born at night)

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

I only fit.bits if Pisces.  Because a lot of times I come off as a libra which is my rising sign (born at night)

I actually think I'm supposed to be something else because they redesigned the zodiac a while back or something like that, but I've been a virgo for too long to change now :P

Ehh, I have a fairly simple and not super meaningful tattoo that I got in my early 20s without putting a whole lot of thought into it. The difference is, it's in a very concealed spot. You can see a bit of it when I'm in a bathing suit.

2 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Ehh, I have a fairly simple and not super meaningful tattoo that I got in my early 20s without putting a whole lot of thought into it. The difference is, it's in a very concealed spot. You can see a bit of it when I'm in a bathing suit.

Tattoos can just be art, too. Nothing wrong with that if you like it. :)  But yeah if someone's going to permanently mark a visible spot at the very least go to a good artist... Friend of mine's looking at serious $$$ to laser remove some tats she finds ugly now.

And I'm really surprised at the astrology tattoo with her religious proclamations. But then again I'm not.  

I'm Gemini with Libra rising. I'm always of two minds in everything. Lol

She is freaking out about an EPIC tattoo she is going to get on her thigh. She is going to to be covered in really bad tattoos and one of these days she might just wake up and regret all this. 

Does this mean she'll be wearing shorts all the time so she can show off the thigh tattoo?  

Tattoos usually cost more to buy cheap, whether you end up getting laser removal, cover-ups, or just suffering the weight of regret. She is probably inspired by the Biebs getting a new tattoo every fortnight, but when he gets sick of them he can afford as much laser or cover up work as he wants. Or hell, just a full body skin transplant. Raquel, who works a minimum wage job and has no clear plans for up-skilling, maybe not so much. Especially if she finds a daddy for her Pinterest pups before too long. That said, I don't put it past her to prioritise tattoos over shoes for her kids.

I dare somebody with an ask.fm account to get her opinion on Leviticus 19:28. When she spouts the usual line about being under the new law, not the old, see what her justification for not liking gayness is, or ask for feedback on Matthew 5:17.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

She is freaking out about an EPIC tattoo she is going to get on her thigh. She is going to to be covered in really bad tattoos and one of these days she might just wake up and regret all this. 

Just wait until her next relationship when she decides to get the guy's name across her clavicle. (Two weeks into dating him.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived