IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Let's be honest. Raquel doesn't want the tattoo so much as she wants the grandiose "romantic" gesture. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is she still a fundie? Her whole schtick confuses me. I don't see a lot of God's daughtering going on with her these days.

In her career as a barista and writer I don't see tats being an issue.  Her life goal is probably to marry and have babies.  I don't see the tats being a problem with the type of dream man she wants to find.  (not that finding said dream man is even possible).  

If she were considering heading in the direction of my profession as a degreed (!!!!11!!) accountant I would guide toward keeping the tats on parts of the body that can be easily covered up.  I do work with people in the accounting department with tats but they are more clerk level folks.    But I don't see Raquel hdead in a direction that would necessarily require tat hiding/covering.   She's trying way to hard to be new age hipster fundie for that.

6 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I don't see the tats being a problem with the type of dream man she wants to find.  

If she and not-boyfriend get matching tats, that tat may be a bit of a problem if 'dream man' isn't non-boyfriend. 

I'm confused by this whole thing.  If they aren't talking because....reasons, why is there even discussion about matching tattoos? 

I mean they aren't getting each others names on their hands in huge font, so they are "generic" in that sense, but people are still going to ask why you decided to tattoo Queen on your hand.  Are you just an asshole with a huge ego or does it have some other meaning?   How awkward to explain that you and you not a boyfriend got them together when you weren't talking to each other (and her dream man gets up and runs away before the story is finished)

17 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Is she still a fundie? Her whole schtick confuses me. I don't see a lot of God's daughtering going on with her these days.

She is edgy and cool for Jesus. She is still anti-gay, anti-women's rights and thinks she is God's special snowflake, she just gets tattoos, drinks a lot, watches Deadpool, and gets "dreads". 

Let's not forget retweets all sorts of stuff related to Aries astrology.  (which is why I call her new age hipster fundie)

@Curious I believe she's dreaming of getting the King/Queen tat when she finally lands a man who will put a ring on it.  Then ex not boyfriend who allegedly has her blocked and declared her dead came along and said he was getting it with his lady (I am assuming when he finally puts a ring on it).

I am congested this morning and these two are making my head hurt more.

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

That happens even without congestion. 

I just want to shake her and start yelling "What is WRONG with you?"

I don't think Raquel wants to have kids, not really.  She may think she does.  But that's a whole lot of looking after someone else and less preening in the mirror, fiddling around on your guitar, and self-indulgent word vomit spurred by midnight coffee runs or whatever else it is that passes for excitement in her world these days.  I sure as shit don't think she'll actually homeschool them if she does have them, either.  That'd be way too much like work.

I can see her with kids -- provided she has the money to pay a nanny to look after them for her.

7 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I'm sure it is in some places. Mr. D was a little concerned about my forearm tat because when I do reenter the workforce it could be a problem. I really doubt it in this town, but there are much more conservative places.

I work in the D.C. government sector and for office jobs at least, tattoos definitely need to be covered. Way more conservative over here than the PNW, and I think it's the same in banking and law. I know plenty of people who have them on their back/upper arms, even forearms, and it's not a problem, they just wear a top that always covers it. But a hand tattoo like that would probably make the interviewer eliminate the interviewee immediately since how on earth could you cover it everyday?

Also, you know, it says "Queen." :pb_rollseyes:

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She is when it's convenient for her and lines up with her goals/worldview.

She kind of pretends to be fundie on her blog.  And at times on her instagram.  Twitter is a whole different belief system displayed.

She's fundie when it gives her a way to judge others and prove her superiority. 

5 hours ago, Terrie said:

Let's be honest. Raquel doesn't want the tattoo so much as she wants the grandiose "romantic" gesture. 

I have an idea! Draw it in Sharpie! Or get henna tattoos! At least they would wear away about as quickly as the relationship will...

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

Let's not forget retweets all sorts of stuff related to Aries astrology.  (which is why I call her new age hipster fundie)

@Curious I believe she's dreaming of getting the King/Queen tat when she finally lands a man who will put a ring on it.  Then ex not boyfriend who allegedly has her blocked and declared her dead came along and said he was getting it with his lady (I am assuming when he finally puts a ring on it).

Or it could just be very creepy and stalkerish of him, cause Zombie:Raquel is still his lady, and always will be, in his mind.

(I had a BF like this guy once, just wouldn't give up after things ended, wouldn't take no for an answer. Creepy.)

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

I can see her with kids -- provided she has the money to pay a nanny to look after them for her.

think of the photo ops!

4 minutes ago, refugee said:

I have an idea! Draw it in Sharpie! Or get henna tattoos! At least they would wear away about as quickly as the relationship will...

Not grandiose enough for Raquel. This is the girl who thinks wanting a single red rose makes her low maintenance. Who basically has implied she can make no mistakes, because it's all part of God's plan for her. Who is super proud of one of the dumbest tattoos I've ever seen.

Just now, Terrie said:

Not grandiose enough for Raquel. This is the girl who thinks wanting a single red rose makes her low maintenance. Who basically has implied she can make no mistakes, because it's all part of God's plan for her. Who is super proud of one of the dumbest tattoos I've ever seen.

I upvoted your comment because it's astute, but it also really makes me sad.

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

She's trying way to hard to be new age hipster fundie for that.

Emphasis on "trying", not that anyone could pull off being a hip fundie well... Raquel's style never matched her attitude IMO. I don't want to a snob here, (even though my future father-in-law so endearingly calls me a fashion snob), but Raquel is very media and culture focused. Raquel IS a snob, and if one can decipher her confusing and childish writing, she is a self proclaimed one. If I had just heard about Raquel and read her output I would assume she is the kind of girl who watches makeup tutorials to assist in her morning routine. The kind of girl who wears the best shoes, the most fashion forward tips, her favorite festival shorts from Pinterest. But, she brags about clothes from target, Walmart, and she still wears uggs.  Now, thing is wrong with this. I can only afford target and thrift shops most of the time. It's her stupid attitude of being superior and her obsession on Twitter with whatever is the latest and greatest that makes her personal style.....perplexing? I remember when she and one of the bands did a shoot, and she looked like she was dressed up for Halloween. I could tell she was attempting grunge, but she got these weird gloves and here eye makeup looked vampirish. She looked ridiculous, it was not a natural evolution from her own style. I could go on and on. I just think that it's all another indicator of her pervasive deficit of awareness. 

8 minutes ago, fiery redhead said:

and she still wears uggs. 

Wait, you lost me. Aren't uggs expensive? (I mean, the teens always were pointing out the neighbor kids' uggs, and how much they wished they could have some too...)

Or is it that they've gone out of fashion?

Y'know, it seems to me that her parents have been aware of her going more and more out of control, from what I remember hearing about tweets that they were threatening to throw her out, and actually did make her move out...

Sadly, from what little I know of them, their culture would have heavily pushed nouthetic counseling as a solution for her erratic behavior. It seems to me she might (might, not definitely would) get some benefit from a secular counselor with training in behavior disorders/chemical imbalances of the brain. But that sort of thing would have been discouraged in their circles. Psychology is humanistic, y'know. Doesn't deal with sin, which is after all the *real* problem. (sigh)

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

A nanny and she will be like Lori and lock her kids in their room for hours each day so they won't bother her. She just posted a picture of a man kissing a woman's pregnant belly and said she couldn't wait for that to happen to her. Raquel doesn't want a baby, she wants photo opportunities and a Pinterest child. 

Someone in her life must have realized she was starting to spiral out of control because last year she went to counseling with her pastor and he had her get off social media for a little bit, but his advice didn't seem to stick because she went back to being the same old person the second she got back on Twitter. I think it was a case of too little too late. Raquel needed real help a long time ago, but instead her parents seemed to cater to her demands. 

I don't know if she meets the level of being diagnosis, but she certainly shows traits that bring to mind Histronic Personality disorder. Wikipedia mentions the following mnemonic (for "Praise Me") to describe the disorder:

Provocative (or seductive) behavior (Okay, this one, not as much) 

Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are (Her "brothers" in Peru, with whom she has spent all of two weeks and who are her best friends)

Attention-seeking (even when someone she supposedly respected - her pastor - suggested a break from social media, she couldn't do it)

Influenced easily by others or circumstances (Her sexting "scandal" has shades of this by her own descirption)

Speech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail (um, yes)

Emotional lability; shallowness (For all she talks about caring about other people, have we ever seen her act in such a manner?)

Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self (If she talks about her hair one... more.... time....)

Exaggerated emotions; theatrical (The girl wrote an article about a breakup that made it sound like someone she had known her whole life DIED)

Reading this, it seems like that main thing being fundie has done for her is have her substitute being "Godly" for being a sexpot as a way to draw attention to herself. 

13 minutes ago, Terrie said:

I don't know if she meets the level of being diagnosis, but she certainly shows traits that bring to mind Histronic Personality disorder. Wikipedia mentions the following mnemonic (for "Praise Me") to describe the disorder:

Provocative (or seductive) behavior (Okay, this one, not as much) 

Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are (Her "brothers" in Peru, with whom she has spent all of two weeks and who are her best friends)

Attention-seeking (even when someone she supposedly respected - her pastor - suggested a break from social media, she couldn't do it)

Influenced easily by others or circumstances (Her sexting "scandal" has shades of this by her own descirption)

Speech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail (um, yes)

Emotional lability; shallowness (For all she talks about caring about other people, have we ever seen her act in such a manner?)

Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self (If she talks about her hair one... more.... time....)

Exaggerated emotions; theatrical (The girl wrote an article about a breakup that made it sound like someone she had known her whole life DIED)

Reading this, it seems like that main thing being fundie has done for her is have her substitute being "Godly" for being a sexpot as a way to draw attention to herself. 

She's admitted to sexting, flirting, and has blogged about crossing many boundaries in Peru.  Some of her pictures are not that much different than your basic Instagram attention seeker in terms of skin showing/"unintentional" sexuality.  I would say that, given the opportunity, Raquel can be both provocative and seductive...she just tries to explain it away because it doesn't mesh with her image of herself.  

Good point. She's definitely provocative for a fundie background. I guess I figure if she wasn't from a fundie background, she'd be so much worse in that area.

2 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Good point. She's definitely provocative for a fundie background. I guess I figure if she wasn't from a fundie background, she'd be so much worse in that area.

I mean, "provocative" is so much a question of norms.  What is provocative for one community may be completely normal for another.  I would say Raquel is equally as provocative as I was during my "rebel Catholic high school" phase, and I can tell you I was certainly trying to be seductive.  So were my friends, and we all did a LOT of the same stuff Raquel does (though NOT with vulnerable orphans, thanks!).  But of course, we were also a bit "sheltered".  So our "sexy bad girl" behavior was like....not even bad compared to some of the stuff my friends saw in public school.  

But the intent was DEFINITELY there.  

Raquel is trying very, very hard to be provocative and gain attention from guys. She just comes off as scary crazy, though. Like the time she took a picture of a guy she thought was hot and it was clear that he knew what she was doing and was uncomfortable. I think in her mind she probably thought it would make him pay attention to her. He did notice her, but not for the reason she wanted. 

ETA: According to her FB account she wants to counsel teens. :my_confused: 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived