IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

This is so amazing, and idk if anyone has brought it up yet...but her twitter cover photo is her own quote...and there is a grammatical error.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 1.14.35 PM.png

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else disturbed that she called 911 on some skater kids just because they yelled back at her for yelling at them? I think underage kids have a right to at least yell at a strange adult shouting at them, even if they were doing something stupid.

Raquel is at the age where her immature and obsessive behavior is looking scary. She needs to be careful when she is out in public. She desperately needs counseling. And by counseling I don't a "mentor from church", she needs cognitive behavioral therapy from a real doc.

1 hour ago, fiery redhead said:

Anyone else disturbed that she called 911 on some skater kids just because they yelled back at her for yelling at them? I think underage kids have a right to at least yell at a strange adult shouting at them, even if they were doing something stupid.

Raquel is at the age where her immature and obsessive behavior is looking scary. She needs to be careful when she is out in public. She desperately needs counseling. And by counseling I don't a "mentor from church", she needs cognitive behavioral therapy from a real doc.

Especially since she has bragged about her own reckless driving. She wasn't concerned about safety, she was mad at them and I bet there is a lot more to that story. She needs help, 

and  you know 'kids' messing around are so going to take aging Raquel seriously even if her story does check out.

Raquel's narcissism and immaturity have gotten to the point where her behavior in public is becoming increasingly inappropriate.  She doesn't see it, because in her mind, she is a pure and perfect heroine who is always noble and brave and trying to save society.  But to others, she is a strange 20-something who is behaving erratically.  

And as Raquel's internal narrative gets more intense, her behavior will get worse and worse.  

She needs boundaries.  She needs therapy.  She needs to be forced to take a good, long look in the mirror.  

On 5/8/2016 at 7:06 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

So...Ryan (of not-ex-boyfriend ex-boyfriend fame) has posted the following photograph with the caption "Getting this with my lady." Now, it is entirely possible, if not probable, that he is A. referring to a woman who is not Raquel or B. Experiencing some sort of delusions as the result of drug use and/or mental illness. But...with Raquel's obsession with tattoos and Ryan, well...I'll let you be the judge. 

ETA: Hold the phone, I scrolled down my twitter feed and apparently Raquel posted the photograph a day earlier than Ryan did with the caption "Okay, babe, where are you? I wanna get these tats with you." So I am pointing to some sort of weirdness on Ryan's part, here. Either way, the tats are in terrible taste, particularly on the hand. 

Ch9nhncUoAAxRXW.jpg

No. Just NO!   That's slightly better than getting someone's name you aren't married to (or even are married to), but my goodness the hubris.  Also that is going to have to be covered up at many jobs which don't like visible tattoos.   UGH

I would hate to work with Raquel.

I see she is saying her "dreads" are coming back and she wants to get her nose pierced. :pb_rollseyes:

oh just gag me.

I'm looking at my twitter feed  and the BOTH 11:11'd.  (her first then him).  

12 hours ago, Curious said:

No. Just NO!   That's slightly better than getting someone's name you aren't married to (or even are married to), but my goodness the hubris.  Also that is going to have to be covered up at many jobs which don't like visible tattoos.   UGH

And how do you even cover that up? Wear gloves all day? I know they sell cover up makeup, but considering how often hands get washed, you'd be reapplying the makeup ten times a day. What a terrible, terrible idea for a tattoo. 

Her latest blog entry is about how no matter how bad you feel, hearts aren't broken, just bruised and you WILL love again. She even manages to make "coaching" people through their drama overly dramatic. 

A love so passionate and strong that a wildfire couldn't burn it out.

This doesn't even make sense. And Raquel is acting like she experienced the Greatest Love Story EVER!, when really it was just two shallow, self-absorbed people dating for a couple of months and then having overly dramatic Twitter conversations when they broke up.

We've been following Raquel for several years now.  I kinda defended her at first - she struck me as an immature teenager.  But it's been years and she still hasn't matured one whit.  

Lately, she's become rather worrying.  Her writing/tweets/etc really remind me of the relationships I see daily in minor domestic assault files - particularly the fact that she views a really unremarkable, immature romance as something wrought by destiny.  It's a mindset that works to justify a lot of bad behaviour, either by her or her boyfriend.  

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

oh just gag me.

I'm looking at my twitter feed  and the BOTH 11:11'd.  (her first then him).  

What is with the 11:11 thing? I mean, we used to make a big deal about that when I was twelve, but she's an ADULT. Heck, I work with a guy a few months older than her and I am amazed at the difference.One has a 401k and one had to be told to move out of their parents' house.

I am mostly convinced that she camps next to the clock waiting for 11:11

That's the thing. If I happen to see the clock at the all same digit time I may make a wish. I still wish on eyelashes. I don't make social media posts about it, ever. I certainly don't notice those times anywhere near as often as Raquel does. It's the difference between being an adult with a whimsical side, and a perpetual child. 

7 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

That's the thing. If I happen to see the clock at the all same digit time I may make a wish. I still wish on eyelashes. I don't make social media posts about it, ever. I certainly don't notice those times anywhere near as often as Raquel does. It's the difference between being an adult with a whimsical side, and a perpetual child. 

I didn't even know this was a thing.  I often set digital clocks to display a 24-hour clock instead of a 12-hour clock -- just because I like it -- so now I will try to pay attention this evening at 22:22... :laughing-jumpingpurple:

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

And how do you even cover that up? Wear gloves all day? I know they sell cover up makeup, but considering how often hands get washed, you'd be reapplying the makeup ten times a day. What a terrible, terrible idea for a tattoo. 

I have read that people have to use stuff like big bandages or gauze wrap on large tats that can't be covered easily with makeup.   Personally, I would find it off putting if say my barista (if I was a coffee drinker) was wearing a big old bandage or had their hand wrapped it gauze.  I'd wonder what kind of accident they got in on the job.

27 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I am mostly convinced that she camps next to the clock waiting for 11:11

I'm not hip so I don't know what the "11:11" thing is?  is it just posting (or something) when the clock hits 11:11?    I think it's kinda neat if I happen to look at the clock and it's a "set" of numbers like 12:34 or 11:11 etc, but I smile and move on with my day.

7 minutes ago, Curious said:

I have read that people have to use stuff like big bandages or gauze wrap on large tats that can't be covered easily with makeup.   Personally, I would find it off putting if say my barista (if I was a coffee drinker) was wearing a big old bandage or had their hand wrapped it gauze.  I'd wonder what kind of accident they got in on the job.

It also seems unhygienic as all get out. Things getting caught in the bandage, no way to wash it. Ew, just ew. I hope she thinks this through.  (Yeah, I know. She won't. It's just Raquel.)

Raquel is in Oregon, yes?  If so, the PNW is pretty lenient towards tattoos.  I work at a Fortune 500 company with a remarkably conservative dress code, and people don't really care about tattoos being visible.  I also wear a 6mm opal in my nose.  She may not have to cover it at work.

But she may want to, because getting a tattoo that tacky on your hand is a one-way ticket on the mockery train.  

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Raquel is in Oregon, yes?  If so, the PNW is pretty lenient towards tattoos.  I work at a Fortune 500 company with a remarkably conservative dress code, and people don't really care about tattoos being visible.  I also wear a 6mm opal in my nose.  She may not have to cover it at work.

But she may want to, because getting a tattoo that tacky on your hand is a one-way ticket on the mockery train.  

Yeah. Is covering a tattoo for work even a thing anymore? :pb_lol:

I'm sure it is in some places. Mr. D was a little concerned about my forearm tat because when I do reenter the workforce it could be a problem. I really doubt it in this town, but there are much more conservative places.

4 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Is covering a tattoo for work even a thing anymore? 

I just googled this to found out and it seems like the trend is toward tattoos being more accepted, but it's still basically up to each individual employer on how they handle tattoos.

The articles I read said for example a hotel may not like a person that works with customers to have a skull and crossbones tattoo on each hand, but the same tattoos on the hotel dishwasher wouldn't be a problem.

I would err on the side of caution and not get a big tattoo on my hand (I wouldn't get one on my hand anyway) if I planned to have any kind of career.   Once I was more established I have time for tattoos (if I was Raquel's age at least)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived