IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

10 hours ago, anniebgood said:

But since they don't listen to the radio, see the news on TV, or read the scandal mags at the market how would they know? The Enquirer was spot on with John Edwards and his mistress so there might be a grain of truth. I think it's a possibility. Power makes them so attractive (even if he looks like a smashed sandwich). 

The main thing that gives me pause is that supposedly the owner of the Enquirer is a buddy of Trump. There are some saying Trump had the story planted. 

That said, there was a blind item a while back about a presidential candidate have had affairs, that is now being said to be about Cruz. 

It's hard to say. It could be both true and planted by Trump. Time will tell.

I don't think the Maxwells would care. They'd just say he's a Christian and Christians make mistakes, and why do people assume Christians are perfect, of course they aren't. Fundies like to condemn others for their sins, but then dismiss the sins of their own. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY! HE IS RISEN!

It's a good time of year for Stevie to discuss his favourite topic of DEATH. 

God it must be depressing to be a Maxwell.

24 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Hey, at least it's the one day of the year when it's actually appropriate for Stevehovah to dwell on DEATH and where you will go when you die! 

Though the satisfaction in that might lead to f*n, so you've got to be careful...

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

How often do various Maxwells get an inkling that their lives suck? And how fast can they repress it?

4 hours ago, Emme said:

How often do various Maxwells get an inkling that their lives suck? And how fast can they repress it?

Do they have anything to compare it to???

18 hours ago, anjulibai said:

The main thing that gives me pause is that supposedly the owner of the Enquirer is a buddy of Trump. There are some saying Trump had the story planted. 

That said, there was a blind item a while back about a presidential candidate have had affairs, that is now being said to be about Cruz. 

It's hard to say. It could be both true and planted by Trump. Time will tell.

I don't think the Maxwells would care. They'd just say he's a Christian and Christians make mistakes, and why do people assume Christians are perfect, of course they aren't. Fundies like to condemn others for their sins, but then dismiss the sins of their own. 

The only reason I think that it probably isn't true is that I have a hard time believing Ted Cruz would find five women willing to have sex with him.

On 3/6/2016 at 7:22 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

Are you really permitted to take a photo of your ballot?

I voted by absentee ballot since it's hard for me to get to our new polling place.  There were (lots of) specific instructions about not showing your ballot to anyone after you marked it and if you required help to mark your ballot due to disability, there was separate paperwork that the person helping you had to fill out.

I know here in Nova Scotia you wouldn't be permitted to take a photo or show your ballot! I have to help my mother due to her vision and have to swear and sign papers.

On 28 March 2016 at 7:56 AM, Curious said:

I voted by absentee ballot since it's hard for me to get to our new polling place.  There were (lots of) specific instructions about not showing your ballot to anyone after you marked it and if you required help to mark your ballot due to disability, there was separate paperwork that the person helping you had to fill out.

Don't be silly. The Maxwells aren't beholden to any laws but the Law of Christ (and Steve).

Short post on Ruthanne, complete with photos. 

Her chubby cheeks, serious blue eyes, and adorable two-year-old love melts me. Beyond sweet. Wait until I can capture her “training” Ellie for you!

It makes me so, so sad when horrible fundies like the Duggars and the Maxwells and the Bateses produce such adorable daughters. You just know they're doomed to a life of endless baby-making. No choice whatsoever.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Short post on Ruthanne, complete with photos. 

It makes me so, so sad when horrible fundies like the Duggars and the Maxwells and the Bateses produce such adorable daughters. You just know they're doomed to a life of endless baby-making. No choice whatsoever.

Oh, they don't have to be baby machines - in Maxhell you can also be forever SAHD!

I shudder thinking about either choice.....

12 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Oh, they don't have to be baby machines - in Maxhell you can also be forever SAHD!

I shudder thinking about either choice.....

True. I forgot about that. D'oh...

There is a new post up:  Faithful Mrs. F about an old lady Teri knows who gives out gospel tracts. I say :Teri knows" because they don't seem to be friends.

Years ago when we first moved to Leavenworth, we met an older couple, the Fs, in the church we attended. Even though we no longer go to church there, we will from time to time see Mrs. F,  and enjoy a conversation with her. Now she is twenty-five years older than when we first met her.

So they bump into her from time to time (Teri writes about spotting her at the grocery store) but there doesn't appear to be any sort of friendship.  No "Why don't you come over to dinner tonight, I'm sure the girls would love to see you." or "If you aren't too busy would you like to come see the grandkids some time this week?" We talk about how they have few friends and I get the idea that Teri just isn't interested in pursuing any relationships outside her immediate family.  I find it interesting that Mrs. F is held up as a faithful steward of God because she hands out tracts to random strangers but that idea doesn't appeal to Teri-- she admits to having a lot of excuses for not doing it.

1 hour ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

There is a new post up:  Faithful Mrs. F about an old lady Teri knows who gives out gospel tracts. I say :Teri knows" because they don't seem to be friends.

So they bump into her from time to time (Teri writes about spotting her at the grocery store) but there doesn't appear to be any sort of friendship.  No "Why don't you come over to dinner tonight, I'm sure the girls would love to see you." or "If you aren't too busy would you like to come see the grandkids some time this week?" We talk about how they have few friends and I get the idea that Teri just isn't interested in pursuing any relationships outside her immediate family.  I find it interesting that Mrs. F is held up as a faithful steward of God because she hands out tracts to random strangers but that idea doesn't appeal to Teri-- she admits to having a lot of excuses for not doing it.

I feel bad that my first thought when I read this was "MIS-TER F!"

Now she is twenty-five years older than when we first met her.

This sentence bugs me. Aren't they all twenty-five years older? Not just Mrs. F. Why didn't she say, "We first met her twenty-five years ago."?

1 hour ago, Jingerale said:

This sentence bugs me. Aren't they all twenty-five years older? Not just Mrs. F. Why didn't she say, "We first met her twenty-five years ago."?

She's older? HUR DUR really? /sarcasm

But really, folks, can we expect common sense from the Maxwells?  Along with proper grammar, interesting subject matter, brilliant conversation, et al?

Teri IS a college graduate. She should have basic grammar skills. I understand she couldn't be bothered teaching her kids. But she should know how to write.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel bad that my first thought when I read this was "MIS-TER F!"

Signed in just to like this. :my_angel:

My youngest daughter got caught up in politics this year and it was interesting looking at it through a middle school perspective. I thought no candidate would come here and campaign for the polygamist and snowbird vote but John Kasich made the trip. My daughter went to the town hall and was the only one booing and vocal. We had a talk and she realized that most of the issues she is upset about are on a local level. A president is not going to force our city to let business that open on sunday or have certain backgrounds move in. The president isn't going to build a better library or change the way the school district runs. The president can't make doctors move to our city.

So then it was caucus night and my daughter decided to go. Somehow they let my very short child who won't be able to vote even in 2020 into the caucus and she got a voting slip (which she did not put in the box but she was tempted to).  By this time she realized that local government over the president would be more important for our rural landlocked city. She came home saying this is a more scary city then she thought. Recently she had read and then watched a video on Jonestown and caucus night for her gave her an creepy  Jonestown feeling. It actually gave me weird feelings as well. Our neighborhood was rounded up with a megaphone and wagons making sure everyone went to vote for Cruz. The religious leaders were making sure every voting person was out of their home and at that caucus for Cruz. Our side of the city was just an erie empty feeling during the caucus. I didn't go(my husband took our daughter) and I went to the popular small grocery store and it was empty. This place is packed all the time and during that caucus , I walked through the aisles alone. As I did this my daughter was watching the neighborhoods be rounded up and told vote for Cruz with those loud megaphones. I think my daughter was shocked that our neighbors were such followers. Most of our neighbors are well educated, judges, doctors, lawyers, teachers and they just followed the megaphone. She asked me is Ted Cruz really going to change life in rural Utah if he is elected? Very unlikely. We have no abortion providers (closest is 315 miles away with a 72 hour wait), we have 1 HMO and insurance carrier (doubt Cruz is going to build another hospital), will Cruz get better teachers? probably not since who wants to come live in the desert with low pay and lack of most common amenties. She wondered why these educated people blindly followed the megaphone. She has read the Maxwell blog (and tried to read a Moody book but it was just too poorly written for her). She can see how sheltered adult Maxwell could be talked into Cruz but she said it was very sacry to see educated neighbors rounded up in a Jonestown way to go and Vote for Cruz.

Wow, @silverspoons! I think seeing my neighbors rounded up to go vote for a specific person would creep me out, too! It's great your daughter is getting interested in politics since it really is the "local stuff" that affects our lives the most. And I love that the Moody books (books for children!) were too poorly written for even a child to read. I couldn't get through one chapter.

On the Maxwells blog, they've posted pics of the daughters helping paint Christopher's house. Wonder if they coordinated outfits on purpose?? That's probably the most creativity the girls are allowed to express.

"Look at your precious little ones and remember their future is at stake". Hmph. Well, it'll be OK for Joshua and Drew, but not for Abby, Bethany, Tina, Ruthanne or Lydia. 

I just cannot believe so many people are voting for Cruz. Neither can I believe voting for Trump, or any sort of Republican. I can't imagine living in a country where anyone would even consider voting for those two. Sometimes I can imagine myself living in a more liberal state, like California, then I remember a) this is the country where Trump becoming President is a possibility b. guns c. I'd burn to a crisp after two days in California.

On 31/03/2016 at 1:31 AM, Jingerale said:

Now she is twenty-five years older than when we first met her.

Aw, I thought that sentence was lovely, actually.  It would be a beautiful way to describe a character in a book (hint: Sarah!) if it were a lead-in to a tribute to their increasing wisdom or grace, or whatever.

But in Maxhell, nope. Just marking 25 years of tract distribution. :pb_biggrin:

Archived