IGNORED

Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

Lawson is (or at least pretends to be) pursuing a career in country music, and since he does very few live gigs, he is mainly pursuing it through social media.  

Before every social media post, he should ask himself, "Could this possibly hurt my image? Could this possibly hurt my career?"

Unfortunately, critical thinking skills have been blanket-trained out of him from an early age.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Lawson is (or at least pretends to be) pursuing a career in country music, and since he does very few live gigs, he is mainly pursuing it through social media.  

I'm a big music fan and have seen many live gigs in my lifetime.  Unless he hits the jackpot and gets to be an opening act for a big name, or goes back to the 80s and performs malls, then live gigs for someone starting out are typically in clubs or bars.

In this case, his beliefs are hindering his career.  Playing bars Friday and Saturday nights is a good way to build a fan base.

I don't know if this was already posted... Erin and Chad are expecting baby #2 according to their facebook page. 

On 2/12/2016 at 2:14 PM, halcionne said:

Aw, I love Hampton Inn. #lowstandards

Well, it probably was one of the Hampton Inn and SUITES, hence the side-tub.

And since I just got back from a vacation staying in Hilton-branded hotels, I'm also down with Hamptons (although we stayed in Homewood Suites this time, which is actually nice with multiple bedrooms in the same room).

Ohh... Very early for Erin who just had her little son. I hope and pray everything goes well for her and the baby. Hopefully her medicine works well for her and she has a less eventful delivery this time. I am due myself this summer and the midwife tried to push me into testing for clotting disorders which I turned down. I thought about Erin when I did so.

The babies will be about 15 months apart, I guess. If she keeps going at that rate, she'll be on Lovenox more often than off. 

Not particularly surprised. I hope everything goes well for her. The medical aspect is concerning, but I can't help but think even more about the financial implications... I don't think those shots are cheap. 

The fact that they kept emphasizing it being a surprise does make me wonder if they're using NFP or something, though.

I thought her sisters would announce before her (and I expect one from Michael soon--- her face looks fuller than in previous photos).  

The Bates grandchildren are going to soon outnumber the Duggar grandchildren.

That makes me more upset than I suspected it would. More so that what she went through at Carson's birth puts her at a higher risk of the placenta rupturing again, hemorrhaging, and death to her or the baby. It's not just about her anymore; Carson needs his mother. 

I'd be curious if she's using the same OB/GYN or if he said no because it's too high risk and malpractice insurance is expensive enough and he advised against her getting pregnant so soon again. 

Wow. Gotta say I'm pretty shocked. I wonder if they were using NFP and it really is a giant surprise. I can't imagine both of them willingly putting her in danger again so soon. I agree with Casserole. For some reason I'm more upset about this than I thought I would be. But I hope for everyone's sake that this goes smoothly and uneventfully. 

On 2/13/2016 at 0:49 AM, bashfulpixie said:

I know it was a few pages back, but where do all you maxi-skirt lovers find them? I want to like them but most of the ones I find make me feel dowdy and frumpy

I got one at Target and another at Old Navy last year.  Will see if they're popular again this summer.

What I can't do is maxi-dresses.  I am 5'7" but with a big chest and a long torso, so they are always too short on top and too long on the bottom because of where the waist is and the length of the skirt part.

Jesus isn't going to raise Carson if heaven forbid something were to happen. This baby needs his mother. I can't believe they're this careless.

I completely understand that it's her life, her body, and her private medical history, so I can only say that I sincerely hope she knows what she's doing.

I wish this surprised me more. Two people in a cult put cult rules above common sense. I really hope that Erin will be ok for Carson's sake as much as her own. 

Woah... I guess they're not really using BC of any kind... I hope her pregnancy and delivery goes well. I had a glimmer of hope for them, sigh... Guess all of the married kids are not straying from their upbringing.

Michael's face does look fuller, she might be pregnant. 

Just now, EmainMacha said:

I wish this surprised me more. Two people in a cult put cult rules above common sense. I really hope that Erin will be ok for Carson's sake as much as her own. 

Feel the same way. I totally understand posters' worries, but not their surprise. All evidence points to Erin and Chad still in thick with Gothard. No birth control is a central tenet of their religion. No ifs, ands, or buts. To me it's like being surprised that a woman who wears hijab doesn't eat pork. 

This second child will not be the last. Doesn't matter how nice Chad is to Erin, or how sweet they are in pictures. They will continue to have more children as long as they are with IBLP.

I'm 90% sure it was Tori.

I think it might have been her too. It wasn't "spunky" or anything like that, it was just plain rude. And she was old enough to know better. 

It was Tori. She said it in front Jill. Judging by Jill's expression, she wanted to bitch slap Tori with the paint brush.

The fact that they kept emphasizing it being a surprise does make me wonder if they're using NFP or something, though.

For what it's worth, if I had a show and was concerned about public opinion and then decided to have a child quickly after the complicated pregnancy and delivery of my first, you can be damn sure I would say it was a surprise too.

Or maybe they're surprised that God decided to bless them knowing the medical difficulties.

I wonder what Chad's father thinks.

1 minute ago, caitiedid313 said:

For what it's worth, if I had a show and was concerned about public opinion and then decided to have a child quickly after the complicated pregnancy and delivery of my first, you can be damn sure I would say it was a surprise too.

Or maybe they're surprised that God decided to bless them knowing the medical difficulties.

I wonder what Chad's father thinks.

I don't think either the Bateses or the Duggars are nearly as concerned about public opinion as many seem to believe, though. I think they're far too entrenched in their fundamentalist beliefs. I'm not saying they won't be swayed at all by money, popularity, or what their networks want, but I don't think such things inform their actions all that much. One of their most intrinsic religious beliefs is that they're part of a select group of godly people living in an ungodly world, and that being hated and persecuted for their godliness is a sign that they're doing it right.

Erin... Think about the child(ren) you'll leave behind if something happens to you. Not every woman is made to have a dozen babies. Be happy and thankful for what you have. Stop testing God.

I know it was a few pages back, but where do all you maxi-skirt lovers find them? I want to like them but most of the ones I find make me feel dowdy and frumpy

I got one at Target and another at Old Navy last year.  Will see if they're popular again this summer.

What I can't do is maxi-dresses.  I am 5'7" but with a big chest and a long torso, so they are always too short on top and too long on the bottom because of where the waist is and the length of the skirt part.

Just saw these in my Amazon wanderings. Emmalise Long Maxi Fold Over Skirt Charcol Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZ1E9IQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_qKlXwbKZB40AX

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived