IGNORED

Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

When Erin posted those redecorating pics a few days ago, I thought to myself, "Gah, I hope she isn't nesting!!" 

I feel sorry for Michael(la) --based on her post comments, she seems to really want to get pregnant--and now a sister & sister in law, both younger than she is, are.

She may be waiting to make an announcement.  Her face looks much fuller than in her wedding photos.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe them that it was a surprise. They either used NFP or thought that breastfeeding would prevent a pregnancy. I cannot see them just having unprotecting sex and puting it in Gods Hand because the medical facts are just too strong and they simply are not as stupid as the Duggars. Also the reaction of the Family when they told them was "shock" and this also shows that they know exactly what this could mean. They look Forward to the child but they are scared as well.

Seriously, the are not as dumb as the Duggars and also mentaly healthier, even when fundist at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

NFP is known not to work effectively with women who do not have very regular cycles.  It is also hard to do post baby until your cycle returns and you can re-establish a pattern.

With Erin's issues and tough last pregnancy, I wouldn't be surprised if she was not a good candidate for NFP and had it fail.

NFP can be a part of Natural Child Spacing due to lactation amenorrhea.  The woman learns how to notice the signs in her body that she is ovulating.  Some women learn to chart their basal temperature every morning and would faithfully do so.  That would have been a smart thing for someone in Erin's position to do, frankly.  Most of the time, when a mother is doing Natural Child Spacing, the first period or so is anovulatory but she does need to watch out.  Mothers who do not want to get pregnant will use another method such as a barrier method when the periods seem like they are returning.

20 minutes ago, MissBitters said:

Does Erin's clotting disorder prevent her from using hormonal birth control? If so, that would limit their options even if they were open to birth control.

She wouldn't be able to use some birth control pills but there are plenty of options: both copper and hormone IUD:s and some pills but only the ones with one type of hormone. I think that a birth control implant might also work but I am not 100% on the last one. They could of course also use condoms or diaphragms.

6 minutes ago, vienna said:

I believe them that it was a surprise. They either used NFP or thought that breastfeeding would prevent a pregnancy. I cannot see them just having unprotecting sex and puting it in Gods Hand because the medical facts are just too strong and they simply are not as stupid as the Duggars. Also the reaction of the Family when they told them was "shock" and this also shows that they know exactly what this could mean. They look Forward to the child but they are scared as well.

Seriously, the are not as dumb as the Duggars and also mentaly healthier, even when fundist at the same time.

What makes you think that they're not as stupid as the Duggars?

30 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

I think it must have been nfp rather than hoping for breastfeeding to do the job. I'm not 100% sure re Erin's clotting disorder but I would imagine she would have had to realise quite quickly that she was pregnant in order to start taking shots to prevent miscarriage. Her periods must have returned post-partum by now for her to know that she'd missed a period, pee on a stick and start taking the medication. Unless she was just randomly peeing on sticks a la the Duggar family with their stockpiles for daughters to 'steal'.

Erin has been pregnant before and then you might just recognize the signs even if you haven't had a period. I was 95% sure I was pregnant even before I tested positive this time, I recognized the feeling in my body from last time.

As much as I wish they didn't go for #2 so fast, I can't help but be happy for them. My eternal struggle with the Bateses: What you're doing is a bad idea/against a lot of my values, but DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO ROOT FOR YOU AND FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY AND ADORABLE.

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My eternal struggle with the Bateses: What you're doing is a bad idea/against a lot of my values, but DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO ROOT FOR YOU AND FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY AND ADORABLE.

They DO have extra charm. *shrug* Just the truth. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What makes you think that they're not as stupid as the Duggars?

My overall Impression of them from reading Kelly´s (not longer existing) Blog and watching the Show. I am not saying they are intellectuals, just not as dumb as the duggar. From a menatal point of view they seem waaay healither to me in the was they act with each other. They share the same believes but seem to be able to think for themselves and e.g. adapt their believe when Erin is having serious medical conditions with pregnany. The also stood up agains Gothars teaching against Adoption (since Kelly has an adopted sister). Erine saied the Family acted "shocked" when they announced the pregancy witch seem also like a healthy reaction given the circumstances. While the Duggar Kids seem to me like victims of a dictator, the Bates are religious but healthy. They make sure the courting couples can talk alone with each other (of course beeing watch but from a distance) and I am not saying it all good, just to me way better than the Duggar. The Duggars are fundies and have mentalpProblems and a lot of additional things to dislike, the Bates are just fundies, but in general quite nice.

12 minutes ago, vienna said:

They share the same believes but seem to be able to think for themselves and e.g. adapt their believe when Erin is having serious medical conditions with pregnany.

Does that adaptation of belief due to serious medical conditions include the fact that she got pregnant again 6 or 7 months after the birth of her first child?

The also stood up agains Gothars teaching against Adoption (since Kelly has an adopted sister).

Kelly's family of birth are not involved in ATI. Michelle Duggar has a lesbian sister, does that mean the Duggars stood up to Gothard's teaching? Gil, on the other hand, is on the board of directors, and has been complicit in the massive cover up of Bill Gothard's abusive behaviour, which includes the sexual harassment and/or assault of several young women and girls. The Bateses are very much entrenched in ATI. Every one of their children except for Zach has married within the ATI fold.

Erine saied the Family acted "shocked" when they announced the pregancy witch seem also like a healthy reaction given the circumstances.

The Duggars also acted "shocked" when Michelle announced she was pregnant with #20.

While the Duggar Kids seem to me like victims of a dictator, the Bates are religious but healthy. They make sure the courting couples can talk alone with each other (of course beeing watch but from a distance)

The Duggars do exactly the same thing.

and I am not saying it all good, just to me way better than the Duggar. The Duggars are fundies and have mentalpProblems and a lot of additional things to dislike, the Bates are just fundies, but in general quite nice.

"They may be fundies but they're just so gosh darn nice" is exactly what they want the world to believe, because it's the attitude that allows their cult to continue its abusive and oppressive behaviour. I'm sure they are nice people. If I met them, I'm sure I'd get along just fine with them, maybe even enjoy their company. But smarter than the Duggars? I don't think so.

19 hours ago, floridaotaku said:

The best thing about this is that I can so easily imagine Scalia living wholly on bile and Horcrux magic, :clap:

I know I'd never post enough to qualify, but damn if I don't wish "living on bile and hot cruxes" was a post count title.  

4 minutes ago, justodd said:

I know I'd never post enough to qualify, but damn if I don't wish "living on bile and hot cruxes" was a post count title.  

Make it your location!

46 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

There's no such thing as a "Surprise baby"  when you're doing nothing to prevent it. :in_my_humble_opinion:

Agreed. And I'm sorry, but I think it's irresponsible to rely on something as tricky as NFP (If they were even doing that) when you know full well the dangerous health issues that could very well befall the mother if she were to become pregnant. I could never imagine putting a religious belief about birth control before my own health, especially if I was already mother to a child who needed me alive.

Hormonal birth control might not be an option for someone like Erin, and all forms of birth control are not 100% fail proof, but still:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Erin is pregnant again so soon? I was hoping she and Chad would space the babymaking out a bit further.

I was really hoping they'd do NFP, considering Erin's disorder.  I was really hoping they'd put her health over doctrine.  However, it appears they didn't.  In fact, it seems like they could have put off pregnancy in a Gothard-approve way (:my_sick:) for even a while longer through breastfeeding longer.  

If they were trying to do NFP to keep from getting pregnant, they did a remarkably poor job.  Anyway, it's always possible they plan to stop after two or three, but there certainly doesn't seem to be any evidence indicating they currently plan to take that approach.

UPtv has made an announcement on social media, and updated the website. Protip: it's not exclusive when it's the same video sheknows.com ran first (and is still on sheknows's page). So I'm thinking UPtv was caught off-guard by this.

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bates-exclusive-video-erin-and-chad-paines-great-news/

11 minutes ago, tumblr said:

I expected her to be pregnant again this year but not so soon this year. I gasped when I saw the news. Do we know the month she is due yet? 

No, but in the video they said summer. I'm guessing August, because I expect they waited until the second trimester to announce.

4 hours ago, MissBitters said:

I'm really hoping it's surprise pregnancy with NFP. I had a friend who found out she was pregnant when her first child was 6 months old. It was definitely unplanned. It's possible the same thing happened with Erin and Chad, but who knows.

NFP is fine if you just want to space your pregnancies and it's not a matter of huge concern if there's an oops. When the woman's life is at stake, it's time for some Unnatural Family Planning.

It's all fun and games until she gets a PE. 

These women really don't care about their own health or leaving their children without a mother, so why should we?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived