IGNORED

Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

On 2/12/2016 at 3:28 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

When I found out I would get to live by myself when I got older, I was so freaking excited. To my five year old mind, living on my own meant that I could be as messy as I wanted and no one would yell at me.

I was right. Except now I live in a studio where any kind of clutter makes it look like I'm on Extreme Hoarders. So I'm not messy.

So... another piece falls into place. Sounds like the fundie gurus never got the memo that people can live on their own, without a "daddy" figure. They never reached the developmental stage that comes after age four?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Diana said:

In the comments of this blog post Kelly answers some questions about Michael education: http://thebatesfamily.com/update-on-michael/ "She began her College Plus again in her spare time and is planning to work with Mother’s Day Out Church Daycare this fall. (...)College Plus allows students to advance according to their own pace, so they can easily work jobs, etc. It is self-directed, intense study… then their overall knowledge is tested through college testing. They are able to earn college credit at a fraction of the time and cost. And since the majority is done at home or on-line, they are in an encouraging environment."

If I'm remembering right, College Plus offers distance learning credits through Thomas Edison and Liberty University.

19 hours ago, Kira said:

So much pink... how can the manly men stand it?

I dunno about anyone else, but i think it's a HUGE deal for Alyssa to stick up for herself online like that.  BIG departure from the "keep sweet" mantra.  If only Anna Duggar had a smidgen of that self worth!

I dunno about anyone else, but i think it's a HUGE deal for Alyssa to stick up for herself online like that.  BIG departure from the "keep sweet" mantra.  If only Anna Duggar had a smidgen of that self worth!

This isn't the first time she's done it. I have hope for her, I really do. At this point she's more of a Suze Kellar than an Anna and that excites me!

Susanna Keller ran from the cult seemingly the moment she got a chance. Alyssa has not rejected the cult, in fact she married into a family entrenched in it. It's great that she feels able to exert some independence from her family of birth, and to defend herself from time to time against the haters, but as long as she sticks with Gothardism, she's far more like Anna than like Susanna (and frankly, while it's awesome that Susanna got out, she didn't go about it in the healthiest way, nor is she exactly a paragon of liberalism and thoughtfulness).

chad posted a letter to erin on their blog yesterday (http://chadsperspective.blogspot.com/2016/02/to-my-valentine.html).

i think it's interesting that, for all erin and chad usually seem to try and come off as the perfect fundie couple, they don't play the "i saw her but of course didn't think of her and then my sisters became her friends and five months passed and then god put it into my heart to pray about noticing her" game when describing their love story.  (e.g. joseph and elissa, michael and brandon, david and priscilla...)

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

chad posted a letter to erin on their blog yesterday (http://chadsperspective.blogspot.com/2016/02/to-my-valentine.html).

i think it's interesting that, for all erin and chad usually seem to try and come off as the perfect fundie couple, they don't play the "i saw her but of course didn't think of her and then my sisters became her friends and five months passed and then god put it into my heart to pray about noticing her" game when describing their love story.  (e.g. joseph and elissa, michael and brandon, david and priscilla...)

Chad is just lovely. Sigh, I wish they'll go the conservative route... He's such a great guy, I'm not fond of the Bates but I think he certainly deserves to open his eyes and leave Gothardism. At this point I think Erin is the lucky one among fundie gals:pb_lol: hope i'm right!

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Erin's message on Instagram is similar.  She talks about how when they met it was love at first sight for her and that she would have agreed to marry him that night had he asked.  It's nice to see them own their feelings and that their love wasn't laid on their hearts by an outside force.

9 hours ago, refugee said:

If I'm remembering right, College Plus offers distance learning credits through Thomas Edison and Liberty University.

They  pose with wide stances and fill up the background noise with moar cellos.....

On February 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM, refugee said:

So much plastic...

3 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Somebody commented on Erin's instagram that their couch looked tacky because it has a slipcover. Since when are slipcovers tacky?

People are just mean sometimes. And even if it is was tacky, can't we allow Erin to have a tacky couch? Her house, not mine. I personally hate my brother's tattoo, it IS tacky, but do I tell him? No. Is it my business? No, his arm, not mine.

10 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Somebody commented on Erin's instagram that their couch looked tacky because it has a slipcover. Since when are slipcovers tacky?

To think someone took time out of their day to post that.

I have bedsheets on my sofa so dog hair won't get on it. I wonder what that person would think of that? :P

6 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

To think someone took time out of their day to post that.

I have bedsheets on my sofa so dog hair won't get on it. I wonder what that person would think of that? :P

To be fair, Erin asked her followers what they thought of the do-over of their living room. Still, I'm wondering: what is tacky about a slipcover? Their couch might not be brand new and looks cleaner with a cover. My own couch has covers because I can't stand the original colors. My bed has a cover so it looks neat. Don't know what's tacky about that. 

Ah, I thought it was just a random comment. I don't find slip covers tacky. They can be very useful for giving your living room a new look. If you get bored of your sofa's original colour, you can change it easily.

Oh Lawson, I bet that the UP channel producers are THRILLED that you've become a Supreme Court commentator on your twitter feed. Nothing uglies up a handsome face and sunny disposition than a head full of conspiracy theories.

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh Lawson, I bet that the UP channel producers are THRILLED that you've become a Supreme Court commentator on your twitter feed. Nothing uglies up a handsome face and sunny disposition than a head full of conspiracy theories.

Did you take a screenshot?

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Really?  He did that?  Methinks "fame" is going to Lawson's head. 

30 minutes ago, MissBitters said:

Why is it so hard to believe a 79-year-old overweight man in a powerful position would die from natural causes?

Cause Obama wants to put in a liberal judge before he leaves so he can keep killing the babiez!!! Duh

33 minutes ago, MissBitters said:

Why is it so hard to believe a 79-year-old overweight man in a powerful position would die from natural causes?

Because a day without finding something to blame Obama for is like a day without sunshine to a lot of right-wingers?

Though I think it would be kind of cool if our president was an all-powerful mutant who can control the weather, telepathically induce heart attacks, organize incredibly elaborate hoax massacres, and turn everyone into gay Muslims.

"I'm no conspiracy theorists" followed by a crazy conspiracy. 

His family didn't want an autopsy, he declined the security, if this conspiracy is true, then both he and his family are in on it. 

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but even with security wouldn't they be outside the room for things like bedtime and bathroom time.  In that case they would have been outside the door, not hearing anything from him until morning, and then gone in when he didn't get up at his normal time, to find him dead.  Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Unless security are in the room at all times, watching you as you sleep, watching as you use a bed for more than sleeping:output_eeMbjt:, then maybe it could have made a difference, probably not though...besides, in your sleep at a good age from natural causes, with no protracted illness, is how I'd want to go.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived