Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

7 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Who do you think is Joe? The one stirring the pot? :kitty-wink:

LOL! But yeah I think he's that one.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson continues to be ridiculously hokey on his youtube channel (that I didn't know he had).

I can't watch. I saw snippets on his ig and it was too much.

I thought that Joe lives with the Bates to go to Crown. Hasn't he been living there/or staying at Crown and and hanging around the Bates for like a year now? 

11 minutes ago, mstee said:

I thought that Joe lives with the Bates to go to Crown. Hasn't he been living there/or staying at Crown and and hanging around the Bates for like a year now? 

The Duggars posted on his birthday that he was going back to Arkansas to get his CDL and real estate license, as well as working for Duggar Construction.

3 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

The Duggars posted on his birthday that he was going back to Arkansas to get his CDL and real estate license, as well as working for Duggar Construction.

AKA Crown College was intended as a TLC storyline. 

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

AKA Crown College was intended as a TLC storyline. 

Bummer! I guess I haven't kept up with Duggars much lately. I had some hope for that kid....

Yup, Crown was only ever some one-year course for Joe, and he's finished it now.

Something tells me the pic posted by UP was last year's.  I only see one baby in that photo, and he looks too young to be Carson. It could be Bradley last year (looks about the right age).  

I haven't seen a posting about it on the Bates IG from this year.

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

What was Joe's "major" though?  Does Crown have one-year programs?

Some sort of certificate in Bible or Christian life, or something totally nonsensical. 

That does look like Joe's hairline and profile.  Since he's no longer at Crown there's no reason other than a courtship for him to be with the Bates on 'I Love You Day'.   At first I thought that was Tori between Lawson and boy in pink, Trace? When I looked at the Carlin and Alyssa picture the hairstyle looks like Carlin's.  I think the girl to Lawson's left is the family friend Courtney Green?  who has spent 'I Love You Day' with them before and to her left could be Tori with an empty seat next to her's, maybe for Joe?  Back on the speculation train.  I was wrong about several pregnancies.  One of these days I'm bound to be right.

Please disregard all but the last 3 sentences if @19 cats and counting is right about this picture being from last year.  I just looked at the picture Alyssa posted with John and his shirt this year is white but looks darker in the picture UP posted so now  I'm leaning to this picture being from last year.

Interesting comment thread on Alyssa's Instagram picture of her and Carlin in formals:

webster4ever@[redacted] I just find it interesting that you are calling me "vain" and you don't even know me. Just because I grew up in somewhat of a spotlight doesn't mean it was "my choice to be public" as you say or that it gives you a right 2 be rude or hateful. I am just a normal person like everyone else.

That's a pretty strong indictment of life as a reality show child. Alyssa is stating pretty clearly that she did not choose to be on United Bates of America or Bringing Up Bates; she just went along with her parents' decision.

(The topic is discussing Alyssa's physique. I find it pretty revolting in general. Alyssa's waist size, fitness level and nutrition is her business alone. No one would say to her face some of the comments made online; why are they acceptable on Instagram? I'm not happy with the pregnancy speculation here, either.)

People say that stuff online purely because they can- they can hide behind a screen, knowing full well that all that will happen in return will be the typing of a few choice words. People are braver online, likely because of this. Not saying it's good, just explaining.

The internet has killed general etiquette.  There's a sense of being anonymous and be able to get away with anything.  Online bullying is a real thing no matter if you are someone like Alyssa or Jane Smith.  It's really sad.

2 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Interesting comment thread on Alyssa's Instagram picture of her and Carlin in formals:

That's a pretty strong indictment of life as a reality show child. Alyssa is stating pretty clearly that she did not choose to be on United Bates of America or Bringing Up Bates; she just went along with her parents' decision.

(The topic is discussing Alyssa's physique. I find it pretty revolting in general. Alyssa's waist size, fitness level and nutrition is her business alone. No one would say to her face some of the comments made online; why are they acceptable on Instagram? I'm not happy with the pregnancy speculation here, either.)

Alyssa said this on that post too:

"webster4ever@tolivelifeelevated Just because someone is thin doesn't mean (by any means) that they are unhealthy. It surprises me that you have such a strong opinion about me having never met me. I believe that working out in moderation is a wonderful thing. It should by no means be frowned upon. I respect others opinions and know that people don't always agree but I am a bit over everyone "hating" on how I am. I love my life and I share things with you all simply because I want you to be included in our public lives. Please y'all be a little supportive. ~AW"

Poor Alyssa, I know she puts the pictures out there herself but it still must suck to have people saying you must have an eating disorder and that you're a bad role model.

3 minutes ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Alyssa said this on that post too:

"webster4ever@tolivelifeelevated Just because someone is thin doesn't mean (by any means) that they are unhealthy. It surprises me that you have such a strong opinion about me having never met me. I believe that working out in moderation is a wonderful thing. It should by no means be frowned upon. I respect others opinions and know that people don't always agree but I am a bit over everyone "hating" on how I am. I love my life and I share things with you all simply because I want you to be included in our public lives. Please y'all be a little supportive. ~AW"

Poor Alyssa, I know she puts the pictures out there herself but it still must suck to have people saying you must have an eating disorder and that you're a bad role model.

These are the times when I love Alyssa. I think it's fantastic that she is already ready, able, and willing to speak out against childhood fame she didn't want, and to people being incredibly rude to her on a public forum. While I speculated on her pregnancy, it wasn't intended to be rude or hateful - but I can understand that from a body image point of view, and apologize. When I saw Alyssa in her gorgeous formal dress all I thought was, "Damn! I wish I could pull that off half as well as her" AND "Good for you being you around your family instead of covering up for them all the time. You do you!" She's thin, and personally, I like how she behaves as a role model in that she's "breaking the rules". If I still had people questioning my decisions all day everyday or even weekly on church pictures, I'd hate it too, but I don't think I'd be as brave as her and call out individuals - and I've been away longer than she has. It takes a strong woman to stand up to not only her family, but also the public. I'm sure we disagree on politics, but I disagree with many people on politics. Good for her for standing up for herself and now her own little family. I hope she keeps on living exactly how she desires, and judging from both Gil and Kelly stating that she's the most "opinionated" in the family (in a little clip on Up with Erin laughing and agreeing) -- it seems like that is what she is going to do, which I whole heartedly support.

And Gil, Kelly, and Erin ... I caught the subtext in your "cute" little Great DeBates video (or whatever the hell those are called) and found it despicable.

After seeing what Carlin and Alyssa are wearing, now I need to see the other Bates girls. I can't picture Erin being that dressy for some reason.

And add me to the list on thinking that's Joseph. Now is he there for Tori or Carlin is the question?

I like that Alyssa is speaking up for herself, but if she doesn't like being in the spotlight, why is she publicly posting pictures of herself?

16 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I like that Alyssa is speaking up for herself, but if she doesn't like being in the spotlight, why is she publicly posting pictures of herself?

I don't think it's an either/or one-way-street. You can share some aspects of your life publicly and still expect people to show some decency and manners. YMMV

BTW: She didn't say that she doesn't like being in the spotlight at all. She pointed out that she's not necessarily a fan of of the spotlight that she was put in. Her instagram is a platform that she chose by herself. She has control over what she makes public about their life. It really is different. 

33 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I don't think it's an either/or one-way-street. You can share some aspects of your life publicly and still expect people to show some decency and manners. YMMV

True, true. The people of the internet will continue to disappoint on that note thought.

33 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

BTW: She didn't say that she doesn't like being in the spotlight at all. She pointed out that she's not necessarily a fan of of the spotlight that she was put in. Her instagram is a platform that she chose by herself. She has control over what she makes public about their life. It really is different. 

Fair enough.

I hope Alyssa will realize that her daughter doesn't need to be pushed into the spotlight either by being up on a reality TV show. I'm not sure how often she is on the show, but Gil and Kelly have put her in a difficult position. If she doesn't want her child to be on television, she would have to stand up to them and say that she won't attend family events that are being filmed and they seem to film most big family events. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived