IGNORED

Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

BatesScalia.JPG

I had a friend who posted this as well.  My first thought was that the murderer must have been an idiot to leave the fucking pillow over the face of his murder victim.  Then again, the murderer was also (theoretically) an ebil librul, and everyone knows that liberals don't have brains.  Or, at least, that's the idea I was raised with...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to go through the sudden deaths that occurred in my city every week and send the police reports to the coroners. Generally when someone dies unexpectedly, the police have to attend and 'investigate' to some extent. If they're not investigating in this case, clearly they know that the death was natural (especially if the family isn't pushing for an investigation or autopsy - I mean WTF Lawson, you ignorant little turd, do you think his family was in on the conspiracy?).

I'm sorry to say it, but Scalia did not look like the healthiest guy. He was 79, and he was clearly overweight. If you read the 'death' section on his Wikipedia entry, you'll see that the police determined there was no evidence of foul play at the scene, and that his doctor confirmed that Scalia was having health problems, including high blood pressure and heart issues, and was determined to be too weak to undergo surgery. Far and away the most likely scenario is that his heart simply gave out in his sleep - sad, but not uncommon. I sent off the same sort of report almost every week. It can happen to Supreme Court justices just like it can happen to normal people.

Bottom line, if you want to believe this is a conspiracy theory, you have to be able to convince yourself that the staff (or people wherever he was staying), the police, the coroner, his doctor, and his family members, are all part of a massive conspiracy to eliminate him from the Court just so that Obama can nominate someone who has a 99% chance of not being approved anyway. Lawson's dumb as bricks.

13 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

To think someone took time out of their day to post that.

I have bedsheets on my sofa so dog hair won't get on it. I wonder what that person would think of that? :P

Us too!

20 minutes ago, pnwgypsy said:

Meanwhile they can't understand why Obama needs security when he goes on vacation...

Indeed- and from what I have heard it was because Scalia refused the security detail.

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Because a day without finding something to blame Obama for is like a day without sunshine to a lot of right-wingers?

Though I think it would be kind of cool if our president was an all-powerful mutant who can control the weather, telepathically induce heart attacks, organize incredibly elaborate hoax massacres, and turn everyone into gay Muslims.

Now that sounds like an awesome president. Imagine if one of the X-Men were president. 

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But what if the security guards were hired by OBUMMER and they were driving Scalia to Chik-Fil-A and Wendy's every single day for every meal for the past ten years and manipulated his DNA to make him have a heart attack????? #VeryStrange #Scalia #ThanksObama

Shhhhh!! You are going to give Lawson ideas!!! I mean, that is the most plausible scenario, after all !!! Despite the fact that Lawson did admit, "yes he was old, yes he probably wasn't in the best health" we all know Obama is completely responsible for Scalia's health!!! And Obama totally denied Scalia to the fountain of youth. Dammit, Obama!!!

But apparently Lawson is under some sort of delusion that powerful people can't die? What does he think happened, RGB and her gang of scrappy liberal justices secretly destroyed all of his horcruxes?

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Us too!

Indeed- and from what I have heard it was because Scalia refused the security detail.

There was a thread on Reddit a bit back that had some information from someone familiar with high-level government security details.  

Evidently, it is not uncommon at all for security to be refused by high level but lower profile individuals on personal excursions.  High level security detail is, by its very nature, both incredibly restrictive AND incredibly invasive...not just for the person being protected, but also for anyone who will be around them during that time.  There is no real way to have a relaxing, "normal" vacation with security at that level.

Many of them refuse the detail (especially within the US), as the threat (incredibly low) isn't worth all the inconvenience.  

10 hours ago, MissBitters said:

Why is it so hard to believe a 79-year-old overweight man in a powerful position would die from natural causes?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a heart attack that killed Scalia, but without an autopsy we'll never know. Personally, I think he died from a ruptured gallbladder. He was so full of bile that his gallbladder could no longer hold it all and it ruptured, killing that hate-filled man.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

There was a thread on Reddit a bit back that had some information from someone familiar with high-level government security details.  

Evidently, it is not uncommon at all for security to be refused by high level but lower profile individuals on personal excursions.  High level security detail is, by its very nature, both incredibly restrictive AND incredibly invasive...not just for the person being protected, but also for anyone who will be around them during that time.  There is no real way to have a relaxing, "normal" vacation with security at that level.

Many of them refuse the detail (especially within the US), as the threat (incredibly low) isn't worth all the inconvenience.  

The notorious Ruth Bader Ginsburg came to visit Switzerland in the fall and there was a panel discussion at the University of Zürich. It was open for the public, and you could just show up without previous notice, basically it was first come, first serve. I went there, and as far as I recall, there was some security around, but they didn't search our bags or anything. After the event, I stood literally about two feet away from her. Of course, I would never intend to harm anyone, but if someone wanted to, they could easily have done so.

So no, these indeed very powerful women and men don't really have high protection.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Now that sounds like an awesome president. Imagine if one of the X-Men were president. 

Shhhhh!! You are going to give Lawson ideas!!! I mean, that is the most plausible scenario, after all !!! Despite the fact that Lawson did admit, "yes he was old, yes he probably wasn't in the best health" we all know Obama is completely responsible for Scalia's health!!! And Obama totally denied Scalia to the fountain of youth. Dammit, Obama!!!

But apparently Lawson is under some sort of delusion that powerful people can't die? What does he think happened, RGB and her gang of scrappy liberal justices secretly destroyed all of his horcruxes?

The best thing about this is that I can so easily imagine Scalia living wholly on bile and Horcrux magic, :clap:

ETA: Was it my mourning over Scalia that made me finally kiss dating goodbye? I guess we'll never know without an autopsy.

18 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Somebody commented on Erin's instagram that their couch looked tacky because it has a slipcover. Since when are slipcovers tacky?

Darned if I know. I always thought they were just like upholstery - it depends on how well they fit and if they compliment the décor. You see them all the time in decorating magazines and they seem practical for any number of reasons. I'm actually thinking of trying my hand at making tailored slip covers for my living room sofa and chairs (I seriously need to get a life) ... 12 years of ebil kittehs has been hard on the fabric, but the structure is in good shape, so something new and washable appeals greatly... Thoughts on white vs. turquoise?

I think it's more interesting to note that Lawson even knows there is a United States Supreme Court and its respective justices. I would think the SOTDRT only taught him about three important leadership figures:  daddy, Gothard, and Nathan Bedford Forrest :my_dodgy:

And I hate saying this, but Lawson is so freaking ignorant and lacking in the ability for critical thought, he really needs to either get some education to fix the aforementioned issues or keep conversation limited to what my mother refers to as traditionally polite topics (usually the weather, family news, and baseball or some other hobby or sport). It's such a pitty his family failed to educate their children... 

I can understand commenting on the living room to be helpful, but a subjective comment of "your slip cover is tacky" is just a waste. I can understand if the commentary said I find slip covers tacky and gave a least a well reasoned argument. Although I am at a loss as to what would be good reason for calling a slip cover tacky. Also of practical note lot easier to launder a slip cover with a young baby vs having to steam clean the couch. Also in regards to Michaela I could have sworn in the about section a few years back it indicated she was studying literature. I remembered thinking hmm I would have pegged her for more early education type focus.

On 2/16/2016 at 6:30 PM, picklepizzas said:

chad posted a letter to erin on their blog yesterday (http://chadsperspective.blogspot.com/2016/02/to-my-valentine.html).

i think it's interesting that, for all erin and chad usually seem to try and come off as the perfect fundie couple, they don't play the "i saw her but of course didn't think of her and then my sisters became her friends and five months passed and then god put it into my heart to pray about noticing her" game when describing their love story.  (e.g. joseph and elissa, michael and brandon, david and priscilla...)

I hate him.  My goodness I swooned when I read that and I'm not a mushy person.  I mean really, who wouldn't want this said about them?

You were my dream come true, the answer to so many prayers, the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.
   My dream is you...and anything that has to do with you.

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

BatesScalia.JPG

Fighting the urge to respond to him with something like "scalia's death during the obama administration has renewed my christian faith because obviously jesus had a hand in this!" I don't wanna get banned...sigh.

6 hours ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

I think it's more interesting to note that Lawson even knows there is a United States Supreme Court and its respective justices. I would think the SOTDRT only taught him about three important leadership figures:  daddy, Gothard, and Nathan Bedford Forrest :my_dodgy:

I think you are giving him way too much credit. I don't think he actually wrote that Tweet about Scalia because I have seen it or something very similar on FB. I doubt that before Scalia's death Lawson could tell you who he was. He is just jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon. 

54 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think you are giving him way too much credit. I don't think he actually wrote that Tweet about Scalia because I have seen it or something very similar on FB. I doubt that before Scalia's death Lawson could tell you who he was. He is just jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon. 

Yes, agreed. Sorry, internet sarcasm is so hard to get across sometimes! :my_smile:

My actual thought was that Lawson probably knows and cares very little about civics and government, but has simply been dragged to every east TN pro-life rally. He is then CONVINCED the ebil liberals are out to destroy people like him. Hence, the re-tweet. 

This is a kid who's been told his whole life he's "talented," because he's probably one of the best singers/guitarists in his limited fundie circle, therefore he should pursue a music career. And, of course, the leg humpers support the delusion, because they need more people in their corner, making music for fundie 'murica. His thoughts and actions are significant, and must be heard! (Last sentence heavy with sarcasm!)  

I support my (perhaps mean) assumptions by the fact Lawson released a thoroughly un-satiric version of the whole "freedom ain't free" sentiment in song, 9 years after the creators of South Park beat him to the punch. Sadly, sweet baby Lawson probably has no appreciation for that humor, and never will.   

5 minutes ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

Yes, agreed. Sorry, internet sarcasm is so hard to get across sometimes! :my_smile:

My actual thought was that Lawson probably knows and cares very little about civics and government, but has simply been dragged to every east TN pro-life rally. He is then CONVINCED the ebil liberals are out to destroy people like him. Hence, the re-tweet. 

This is a kid who's been told his whole life he's "talented," because he's probably one of the best singers/guitarists in his limited fundie circle, therefore he should pursue a music career. And, of course, the leg humpers support the delusion, because they need more people in their corner, making music for fundie 'murica. His thoughts and actions are significant, and must be heard! (Last sentence heavy with sarcasm!)  

I support my (perhaps mean) assumptions by the fact Lawson released a thoroughly un-satiric version of the whole "freedom ain't free" sentiment in song, 9 years after the creators of South Park beat him to the punch. Sadly, sweet baby Lawson probably has no appreciation for that humor, and never will.   

I once had to suppress laughter when I went to a very jingoistic Fourth of July celebration. I had only heard that PROUD TO BE AN AMURRICAN FREEDOM AIN'T FREE rhetoric in satirical work like South Park or done very, very ironically/sarcastically (for context, I come from the Northeast, grew up in a very liberal family with strong cultural/familial connections to Europe, and went to a very left-wing liberal arts college where even the more conservative people I was friends with espoused jingoistic sentiments for irony or humor). I always think of it as funny and over-the-top, and it was so weird to me to see people who were expressing all that with complete sincerity.

I hope Lawson's conspiracy theory helps some to finally realize that, yes, the Bateses are just as crazy as the Duggars.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I hope Lawson's conspiracy theory helps some to finally realize that, yes, the Bateses are just as crazy as the Duggars.

IDK - Lawson has that full head of hair and do I see dimples?  Are you SURE?  :laughing-rollingred:

2 hours ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

Sorry, it was early and shouldn't be on the internet without coffee. I can see the sarcasm now. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Because of the bolded I think Lawson is well on his way to becoming the Bates version of Smugger, except hopefully with no horrible scandals. All this is really going to his head. 

Does anyone remember which Bates it was who rudely screeched "They are painting it yucky colors!" at the Duggar daughters when they were helping paint the Bates house? 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Does anyone remember which Bates it was who rudely screeched "They are painting it yucky colors!" at the Duggar daughters when they were helping paint the Bates house? 

I'm 90% sure it was Tori.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm 90% sure it was Tori.

I think it might have been her too. It wasn't "spunky" or anything like that, it was just plain rude. And she was old enough to know better. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived