IGNORED

Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Stick to your yodels, Lawson.

I thought the art of causing other people's ears to explode was a prerogative of grating little sister Carlin.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the President, other public officials are allowed to go without security if they desire. Lawson doesn't know if the man had security or not. I'm guessing there was at least enough security in place that they knew who was there at all times and they would know if anyone got close to Justice Scalia. Even if he asked for privacy I doubt that a sitting Justice would have been left defenseless. Places like this that cater to the rich and powerful are always mindful of security. Their business depends on it. It also depends on discretion and they are not going to detail their security arrangements in the press.There will always be rumors in a situation like this. Ultimately, unless someone in  a position of authority suspects foul play, the family makes the decision as to whether an autopsy will be performed. It is an extremely invasive procedure and it is possible that Justice Scalia told his family he would not want one to be performed in the event of his death. I would not want one performed on my husband or myself unless it was absolutely necessary. Second guessing won't bring the man back and the fact of the matter is, if someone  wanted to assassinate  a Supreme Court Justice it's not likely he would do it in a place like this where people share meals and make plans to do things together. At most hotels, no one knows where you are. In this case, someone went to his room because he failed to appear for something he planned to participate in.

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but even with security wouldn't they be outside the room for things like bedtime and bathroom time.  In that case they would have been outside the door, not hearing anything from him until morning, and then gone in when he didn't get up at his normal time, to find him dead.  Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Unless security are in the room at all times, watching you as you sleep, watching as you use a bed for more than sleeping:output_eeMbjt:, then maybe it could have made a difference, probably not though...besides, in your sleep at a good age from natural causes, with no protracted illness, is how I'd want to go.

But what if the security guards were hired by OBUMMER and they were driving Scalia to Chik-Fil-A and Wendy's every single day for every meal for the past ten years and manipulated his DNA to make him have a heart attack????? #VeryStrange #Scalia #ThanksObama

Didn't Scalia die in his hotel room (or lodging area?)  Even if there was hired security, I would think they'd leave someone alone when they're in a hotel room (where privacy is expected).  I don't even think the Secret Service enters the POTUS's hotel rooms.

This was an incredibly stupid move on Lawson's part. UP is trying to project the image of the Bates as the wholesome, sunny, funloving southern family who just happen to have a wagonload of kids. And he's trying to sell himself as the young gentleman Christian country singer heartthrob.

Ugly half-baked conspiracy theories from a young man who seems nice, but no rocket scientist, do nothing to further either image.

16 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Didn't Scalia die in his hotel room (or lodging area?)  Even if there was hired security, I would think they'd leave someone alone when they're in a hotel room (where privacy is expected).  I don't even think the Secret Service enters the POTUS's hotel rooms.

Good security would clear the room before he entered and secure any possible entry points besides the door, then they would guard the door while he was inside.  If, that is, someone was to go with that level of security.  However, it isn't like Obama decreed by executive order that Scalia could not have a security detail or they think someone lured the guards away with donuts.  If he didn't have security, it is because Scalia chose not to have a security detail.  His family is choosing to forego an autopsy.  

Lawson is not keeping up the fake family image and it instead showing things that they really believe. I'm sure he is not the only one in the family who buys into crazy conspiracy theories. It isn't something they want public, though. The fame is going to his head.

If Lawson continues to spew the crazy conspiracy theories, it should make Alyssa really, really glad she's limiting her and her family's media exposure.  She's got to know how her family thinks and sooner or later it comes out.   I know it's been discussed that her father in law's job might be a factor in how she handles her social media / TV appearances and I would not surprised that it is in indeed a factor (smart PR actually), but somehow I suspect that even if her FIL wasn't a congressman, she would still want to limit her being associated with her family's crazy.  

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

They WOULD enter for the conspiracy meeting to magically make Justice Scalia have a heart attack on vacation! #ThatsMyTheoryAndImStickingToIt #UnhandMeUPTVPRPeople

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

They WOULD enter for the conspiracy meeting to magically make Justice Scalia have a heart attack on vacation! #ThatsMyTheoryAndImStickingToIt #UnhandMeUPTVPRPeople

I read it wasn't magic, but a simple injection between the toes (where no coroner or drug addict knows to look).  No joke.  LOL

Lawson could have a field day.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg had her purse snatched years ago when she was walking home from the Kennedy Center. A couple of years ago Stephen Breyer was robbed by a home intruder with a machete while on vacation in the Caribbean. Obviously, in order to hide the conspiracy against the conservative justices, they had to stage attacks against the liberal ones too.

On 2/15/2016 at 11:34 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

Interesting comment thread on Alyssa's Instagram picture of her and Carlin in formals:

That's a pretty strong indictment of life as a reality show child. Alyssa is stating pretty clearly that she did not choose to be on United Bates of America or Bringing Up Bates; she just went along with her parents' decision.

(The topic is discussing Alyssa's physique. I find it pretty revolting in general. Alyssa's waist size, fitness level and nutrition is her business alone. No one would say to her face some of the comments made online; why are they acceptable on Instagram? I'm not happy with the pregnancy speculation here, either.)

Ha, well Alyssa it may not have been your choice to be on tv but it sure the heck is your choice to post photos of your family on a public Instagram. No one talks about me being skinny or my kid being whatever because there are not pics of us all over the internet. I hate when people put themselves out there on purpose and expect only positive reviews. The internet is not like that!!!

On 2/15/2016 at 4:01 AM, Pretzel said:

I don't think it's an either/or one-way-street. You can share some aspects of your life publicly and still expect people to show some decency and manners. YMMV

You can, or you can face reality that the internet is not a nice place and people will hide under anonymity and say awful things. That's just the reality of the net.

6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Somebody commented on Erin's instagram that their couch looked tacky because it has a slipcover. Since when are slipcovers tacky?

Someone needs to tell the editors of House Beautiful and Elle Decor that slipcovers are tacky because I see slipcovered chairs and sofa in those magazines all the time.

6 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Ruth Bader Ginsberg had her purse snatched years ago when she was walking home from the Kennedy Center. A couple of years ago Stephen Breyer was robbed by a home intruder with a machete while on vacation in the Caribbean. Obviously, in order to hide the conspiracy against the conservative justices, they had to stage attacks against the liberal ones too.

Those were just live-drops of the ingredients for the substance to kill Scalia staged as robberies so Ginsberg and Breyer would have plausible deniability!

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Someone needs to tell the editors of House Beautiful and Elle Decor that slipcovers are tacky because I see slipcovered chairs and sofa in those magazines all the time.

I think slipcovers can look good if you get one that fits and all, but there are some that are just awful. Much like every single piece of decoration or furniture or clothes or hair... 

Really the best thing to come of the Scalia business is this tweet that I have seen over and over and over... 

scalia.jpg

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Those were just live-drops of the ingredients for the substance to kill Scalia staged as robberies so Ginsberg and Breyer would have plausible deniability!

This literally made me choke on my scrambled eggs.  That RBG has always seemed pretty shifty and right-leaning.

Lawson doesn't strike me as someone who follows politics or even cares, unless he will be seen/photographed at an event.

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

You can, or you can face reality that the internet is not a nice place and people will hide under anonymity and say awful things. That's just the reality of the net.

This is why I ultimately believe that humanity will someday self-implode: the internet is not nice, the world is racist, the world is sexist, ... that's just reality

:obscene-drinkingdrunk:

If this had happened to one of the more liberal judges, would Lawson have made the same post?

I hope this gem spreads far and wide.  It doesn't help the family appear "normal".

1 hour ago, OnceUponATime said:

This is why I ultimately believe that humanity will someday self-implode: the internet is not nice, the world is racist, the world is sexist, ... that's just reality

:obscene-drinkingdrunk:

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to fix those things, but you can't ignore that that is currently reality.

As shocking as the death seems because Scalia always looked healthy and in his prime, it's not unusual for a man with that much stress in his life to not wake up in the morning. He wasn't exactly a young guy. And his job was extremely stressful. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived