IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Second Novel- Part 2

keen23

One actual tip: Find somewhere to film in with proper lighting. Filming in a dark room is a bad idea.

For realz, though, she talks like someone 6 or 7 years younger than she actually is... :pb_confused: And for the love of all that's holy, WHY would you make a vlog where you explicitly say you don't really have anything to talk about?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hair.  She is fishing for compliments.  She should have preparedone answers so she didn't sit there thinking.  And oh so now it is because you moved out, when some of us know she got partway into November ando stopped.

Watched the video, all of it...  What a waste of time.

Raquel, you need better lighting, and not such a low cut top, if you do this again.  

Also:
* Quit trying so hard to be cool, you embarrassed yourself.
* Work on your diction.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but speaking rapidly and then suddenly drawing out words is distracting.  Sometimes your voice is really soft and hard to understand, other times you're speaking too loudly.
* Please brush your hair and stop touching it.  It is obvious you're very proud of it, and it is a nice head of hair, but you looked like you were going for a tossled bedhead look combined with a commercial for a hair product.  I'm sure that if you knew how, you would have slow motioned every time you tossed your glorious mane before letting it fall to obscure half your face.  Just put it in a nice pony tail and move on.
* Get some kind of script.  Know what you're going to say and then say it.  Staring off into space before answering the very important question of which characters you like and dislike on 'Sherlock' doesn't add authenticity or give the impression that you're really answering a question just posed to you from the viewer.  Also, I can't remember what you said that made me think it, but I suspect you got 'Sherlock' mixed up with 'Elementary'.  I remember now, you said you like Moriarty and referred to the character as 'she'.  In 'Sherlock', Moriarty is a man.  In 'Elementary', the character is a woman.

I'm so happy that social media wasn't around when I was in high school and pretended to be a DJ with my records and my tape recorder.  I'm sure I sounded even more ridiculous than I remember, but at least the only one turning red over my performance was me.  As it is, I'm quite capable of making a fool out of myself even now.

She got the questions ahead of time, but didn't bother to prep for them. Tells you all you need to know about Raquel.

I couldn't do it. I made it through the big hands and hair tossing. I'd expect that from maybe a 13-14 yr old? And even then I'd think they were self centered.

One writes....because they have something to say.
One vlogs...because they have something to say.

An opinion. A grievance. A funny story. Anything, give me anything.

I've posted videos from the hospital on youtube for friends/family to watch, as updates. Even then, I had an idea in mind of what I wanted to communicated, before recording and uploading it. 

Otherwise, you're just wasting people's time. It's rude. People's time is worth something, and most don't like it when they've wasted their time. People will only come back for the snark value, not because they think she has anything of value to say.

Agree with everyone who thinks she is immature in the video.  She's 20? I have nephews, but the young women they bring home from time to time are less flighty than this, even their HS girlfriends.

The big hands/Russian bit was weird, and the hand signs she was tossing out in the beginning.... fake gang signs?  Is that even still a thing?

Well, now I've seen it, won't be waiting for the next one.

.        I wonder how many takes she took of this drivel. You know that wasn't her first take......

.       It is exactly the kind of videos 12 year olds make. I know this because my daughter had some friends who made similar videos in the sixth grade. 

Instagram she has a photo of herself from snapchat with "crazy writer hair."

Just brush the stuff and stop being so secretly proud of it.

8 hours ago, Terrie said:

She got the questions ahead of time, but didn't bother to prep for them. Tells you all you need to know about Raquel.

Seriously. She wasn't lunged at by a roving reporter shoving a camera in her face for a statement. She could have practiced this  multiple times and taken as many takes as she wanted. And that's what she comes up with?

13 hours ago, Flossie said:

Raquel, you need better lighting, and not such a low cut top, if you do this again.

No need to slut shame up in here.

One of the things I 'enjoy' about Raquel is that for all her trying to be a fundie lass in search of a headship and babies, she wanders around so much acting oh so 'normal' in things like attire, pinterest content and the like.

Apparently someone told Raquel that her romance stories aren't very convincing and she posted to defend herself now. She appreciates all comments and if you don't like it, don't read it, and do tell if you find something morally objectionable, and don't be silly, of course she understands relationships, and  she never said the stories describe LOVE, and some of her stories are  actually TRUE.

Oh Dear!  

Wait? Morally objectionable?  Does she really want me to tell her that.  I can put on my fundie light/evangelical used to co-lead a Bright Lights with Sarah Mally's material hat on and come up with a thing or twelve.  

True in what universe?

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

One of the things I 'enjoy' about Raquel is that for all her trying to be a fundie lass in search of a headship and babies, she wanders around so much acting oh so 'normal' in things like attire, pinterest content and the like.

Well, normal if you knock several years off her actual age.

One thing we learned in fiction writing classes is that no, even if you think you are writing truth, you probably aren't. So, change the names an move on.... or don't.  But quit thinking that it is good fiction because it is "true"... fiction has to make more sense than truth.

Her latest advice to guys on how they should write a letter to an imaginary girl:  

Oh and don't worry about being too sexual.  This is your wife you're writing to.  Spice things up!

is amusing, considering a few years ago Raquel was advising her female readers not to wear lip gloss or lipstick because it might cause the men who see them to think sexually impure thoughts and stumble.

6 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Her latest advice to guys on how they should write a letter to an imaginary girl:  

is amusing, considering a few years ago Raquel was advising her female readers not to wear lip gloss or lipstick because it might cause the men who see them to think sexually impure thoughts and stumble.

Well that modest shit didn't work the way she hoped it would! Seems like the less or non modest approach isn't working either. Draw whatever conclusion you want from that.

3.  What You Love About Her
Even though you may not know who she is yet, you know that you'll love her.  You may not be able to name extremely specific things about her physique or personality in your letters, but that shouldn't stop you.  You will love her eyes.  You will love her voice.  You will love her kisses.  You will love waking up next to her in the morning.  Tell her so already.  You know how insanely special she'll feel that you even thought of those before meeting her?

I don't get it. Why would I feel insanely special because he wrote some generic compliments to a generic female and ended up giving it to me?

45 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't get it. Why would I feel insanely special because he wrote some generic compliments to a generic female and ended up giving it to me?

Because, she thinks she will spend part of her honeymoon reading the letters she wrote to some generic guy to her husband and he'll be swooning  over it. 

She is clueless....

Yay! I finally caught up on the threads. I'm so happy to join in! :cracking-up:

Does anyone actually believe this? 

One such guy emailed me recently, telling me that he had read my5 Tips On Writing Letters To Your Future Husband article and was wondering if I would write one on tips for guys who are writing letters to their future wives. [/quote] 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived