IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Second Novel- Part 2

keen23

Raquel is the hoodie-sniffing, covert photo-taking, female fake fundie version of a neckbeard.

I swear to god. When guys do what she does girls whip out pepper spray.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vex  I agree. If a young man were exhibiting any of these behaviors, people would be way more freaked out by her. The idea of a boy sniffing the hoodie of a girl he's met twice is just... yeah. There's some cultural programming I need to keep an eye on. :pb_confused: But then, I have to wonder how much of that is a result of our culture being so damn misogynistic that women almost HAVE to watch out for potentially suspicious behaviors in men. My mom once said that she thought women were better at detecting skeevy people than men, because we're culturally taught to perceive so many situations as a potential threat.

I would love to see some actual statistics on escalation in obsessive/stalkerish relationship by men vs. women. As in, not just harboring obsessive feelings (I think we all know women can do that), but how many women act out on those feelings and how many men. 

Oh so (instagram) she is like the uncentered window and God still loves her.  Erm okay.  I think I get where she's trying to go.  But if that's where she's trying to go she realllllllly needs to let go of the me/my/I viewpoint and try to make it about the reader.  

As in the uncentered window is like us.  Like man.  As in we are flawed and imperfect.  

Lord willing Raquel will find a ticket and get to see Justin Bieber in concert. I'm sure Justin Bieber tickets for Raquel are at the top of the Lord's list of priorities. 

and there it is.  On the twitter feed.  Never mind the crisis around the world.  Never mind starving people  Or war.  Get Raquel a ticket to see the Biebs.  

Also from her twitter, perfect date = dancing in the rain? Someone has clearly never had to go around with wet underwear riding up on them.

1 hour ago, xRoo said:

Can someone explain to me how rain is romantic?

Probably meant to be symbolic over an over pouring of emotions or similar nonsense.

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Lord willing Raquel will find a ticket and get to see Justin Bieber in concert. I'm sure Justin Bieber tickets for Raquel are at the top of the Lord's list of priorities. 

Well, he did give her a horse...

14 hours ago, xRoo said:

Can someone explain to me how rain is romantic?

Doesn't that happen in movies a lot? People go dancing in the rain and smooch and it shows how ~wacky and carefree~ the female lead is, so she can bring excitement to boring white man #324's life?

I bet she'd love it here in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was fucking pissing down earlier. Nothing more romantic than sleet and high winds.

8 minutes ago, sea_gale said:

I bet she'd love it here in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was fucking pissing down earlier. Nothing more romantic than sleet and high winds.

Now, now, I'm sure she means warm rain. Like last year, on that Tuesday that was summer. :D

Actually, high winds and sleet are perfectly romantic, if you're sitting inside, sipping wine, in front of a cheery fire on the hearth, whilst the wind beats the sleet against the windows outside. (Works best if the house is well-insulated, and no drafts.)

Sleet sucks when you have to drive in it. 

By the way - Hey Raquel - it's time to sign up for Camp Nanowrimo.

Actually the weather here is pretty nasty (we are in the same area) so the rain she is thinking of is probably similarly cold and sleet-ish. We had a windstorm yesterday too.

3 hours ago, xRoo said:

The Vlog is HAPPENING!!!

Ugh. She's not even going to come up with her own content.  A FAQ?!? And "Try not to make them too deep cuz I want to try fitting in as many answers as I can.". LOL

At least no one seems to have commented so far.

Raquel - you've got big shoes to fill here.  A friend's recently turned 13 year old created her own channel and content.  I will snark loudly if you can't do better than her.  

4 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Ugh. She's not even going to come up with her own content.  A FAQ?!? And "Try not to make them too deep cuz I want to try fitting in as many answers as I can.". LOL

At least no one seems to have commented so far.

Question one: If you're just going to answer shallow questions, why don't you just read off your ask.fm content?

Ideas for Raquel based on my favorite 13 year old - hey take a pottermore quiz on your vlog.  

Oh if all the hip and cool people are already vlogging - why are you trying?  Or was that another play for ego boosts?

I am having trouble seeing the point of vlogging if you have nothing to say but it's none of my business.

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

Ideas for Raquel based on my favorite 13 year old - hey take a pottermore quiz on your vlog.  

Oh if all the hip and cool people are already vlogging - why are you trying?  Or was that another play for ego boosts?

Hip and Cool--would that be Raquel and Lady Lydia?

So many people say that hard relationships just don't work out.

Well, I disagree.

Because if you pick the right person, sure it will be hard (I promise you that), but it can - and will - work out because you BOTH are making an effort to work through things TOGETHER.

Raquel is offering relationship advice in her newest blog post. Because she has such a lot of experience in how to make relationships work in long term.

So, her advice is that if you're in a relationship with the right person, try to make it work.

Signs a relationship is "working out" according to Raquel:

It is working out.

but don't twist her words... sometimes it just doesn't work out.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived