IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Second Novel- Part 2

keen23

I find that the more time you spend talking about all the things you do for other people the less likely you are to actually do them.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On March 20, 2016 at 1:33 PM, CoveredInBees said:

I got to "I have really big hands"

Is she high on something?

image.jpeg

I am not a fan of poetry.

I do understand

it has meter and timing

Raquel does not.

This is not poetry

it is taking up a lot

more space to say stuff.

Back to the tattoo for a minute, I'm sure tattoo artists are used to people coming in with horrible ideas and it's their job to just do the work they are hired to do, but I'm trying to imagine the conversation that happened in the shop after THIS particular horrible tattoo.

Just for @Curious  

raquel tattoo.JPG

....I don't usually go here, but.....what the shit fuck lana? Infinity symbols don't have tails!

Is this a rabbit hole I should fall down while driving to Texas tomorrow?

It'll take you longer than that. There were times that I had three windows open. Two were the various fj threads so I could track what had been deleted and what was going on on her various social media since I don't want twitter and insta to recommend her and her ilk to me.

It'll take you longer than that. There were times that I had three windows open. Two were the various fj threads so I could track what had been deleted and what was going on on her various social media since I don't want twitter and insta to recommend her and her ilk to me.

Texas is 9 hours and I am a speed reader. Is this a realistic goal?

You might be able to do it. It took me several days, but that's with two kids interrupting me every 11 seconds to tell me the Um story.

@Destiny, I went through the threads and blog simultaneously, too. I also skipped Music Mondays. I think you might be able to do it. I'm not sure how many hours I clocked since ADHD interrupts me every 13 seconds. A bit less frequently than @daisyd681's kids. ;)

I randomly skipped to the middle the first vlog, and I believe it's safe to assume most people here did not make it past the 30 seconds as I originally did, but I felt sorry for her in a way. She answered a question from her uncle. He asked if she listens to Justin Bieber. "With three question marks!" ... "My family is so supportive" "I feel amateur". Honestly, I feel like I am watching a 12 year old, not a 21 year old. I had to stop it. It is just sad. 

Whenever Raquel writes a new "poem" I think about how she used to brag that because of her homeschooling, she never had to do anything like study literature or writing. She was very dismissive of those sorts of courses and felt like she didn't need them. And I suspect that is one of the big problems with her writing. I was homeschooled, but I had to take various literature and writing courses and in those I studied the different types of poetry and had to learn what went into writing them. Raquel never did that and she thinks she doesn't need to do that.

I really don't think she understands

Poetry at all.

Writing poetry isn't just 

Slapping some words

On some lines

like this. 

So I just looked up some poetry stuffs.  This is my first attempt at one based on what I read.

Raquel

Vapid, inane

Harping, whining, judging

Maturity is badly needed

Callow

8 hours ago, Destiny said:

Texas is 9 hours and I am a speed reader. Is this a realistic goal?

I'm not sure it is healthy to read that much Raquel in such a short amount of time. But there are mystical orange penis ferrets, so you have that to look forward to. 

4 hours ago, Flossie said:

May I ask what mystical orange penis ferrets are?

This happened on Yuku, but Raquel wrote a story with a mystical orange ferret whose rather unique description caused Curious to nickname it a Mystical Orange Penis Ferret. 

Raquel has a new post up and the title should be "Why Nothing is My Fault". Instead it is:

4 IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN YOUR LIFE IS A MESS

It's easy to get frustrated with ourselves for not succeeding, but hey, circumstances have you where you're at right now and that's nobody's fault. 

Actually Raquel, sometimes it is somebody's fault. Sometimes life is a mess because we made bad choices and realizing that and accepting it is an important step in getting life straightened out. 

Whether you realize it or not, you're storing valuable information and learning many lessons through this crappy time.

Not always. If you are failing and your life is a hot mess because of your bad choices, but you are refusing to accept that and instead want to blame it on things outside your control, well you aren't learning a thing. And with Raquel's history, she seems to fall into the category of blaming everyone for her problems and refusing to accept responsibility for her bad choices.

Nobody knows what they're doing.  If someone says they do, they're lying, cuz I'm pretty sure they haven't lived through life and somehow started all over again with a brain full of wisdom.

Some people have a better handle on life than others. Some people do know exactly what they are doing when they make important life choices. No one can be prepared for everything, but not all people are lying when they say they know what they are doing.  And please Raquel, stop using the word cuz. Pretty please?!

4. This one is just basically saying that God wrote her life story and she is His hot mess and He doing crazy stuff in her life and it is a "beautiful mess". So if her life is a total mess, it isn't her, it is just God. 

Refusing to take personal responsibility is a recurring theme in Raquel's blog. She won't admit when things go bad because she made bad decisions, she always blames someone else. Even with her sexting stories she blamed it on the guys and made herself the victim. 

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/

I don't know what I would do if I didn't believe in a loving and sovereign heavenly Father who was looking over me

Well, maybe you'd take responsibility for your choices and actions?

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This happened on Yuku, but Raquel wrote a story with a mystical orange ferret whose rather unique description caused Curious to nickname it a Mystical Orange Penis Ferret.

Raquel has a new post up and the title should be "Why Nothing is My Fault". Instead it is:

Actually Raquel, sometimes it is somebody's fault. Sometimes life is a mess because we made bad choices and realizing that and accepting it is an important step in getting life straightened out.

Not always. If you are failing and your life is a hot mess because of your bad choices, but you are refusing to accept that and instead want to blame it on things outside your control, well you aren't learning a thing. And with Raquel's history, she seems to fall into the category of blaming everyone for her problems and refusing to accept responsibility for her bad choices.

Some people have a better handle on life than others. Some people do know exactly what they are doing when they make important life choices. No one can be prepared for everything, but not all people are lying when they say they know what they are doing.  And please Raquel, stop using the word cuz. Pretty please?!

4. This one is just basically saying that God wrote her life story and she is His hot mess and He doing crazy stuff in her life and it is a "beautiful mess". So if her life is a total mess, it isn't her, it is just God.

Refusing to take personal responsibility is a recurring theme in Raquel's blog. She won't admit when things go bad because she made bad decisions, she always blames someone else. Even with her sexting stories she blamed it on the guys and made herself the victim.

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/

As always, you are very on point @formergothardite. It bothers me that she says that no one knows what they are doing. What she really means "I know exactly what I am doing but I don't want any consequences so I am going to make a huge generalization about the rest of the world without any context to make it seem like everyone is as selfish and shallow as me." Usually when people write that no one knows what they're doing is when it's a NEW thing. (Parenting, marriage, new job, etc.)

Most college age people (or anyone above age 7?) know not to brag about everyday meaningless accomplishments. Does she  expect people to smile and be happy for her just because she is "very organized" and had some coffee? Sorry for the rant, but her behavior especially frustrates me  when my brother who is developmentally disabled tries so hard to live a normal life and he doesn't brag once, even though many everyday accomplishments for us can be huge victories for him depending on what it is. He has autism, and attends a nearby college and has completed high level English Composition courses. He is a good listener and admits his own faults daily, and constantly wants to better himself even though he has a disability and has an excuse. Raquel is one of the most selfish bloggers I have ever come across. Rant over.

One of the first things about Raquel that irritated me was her assumption that everyone is exactly like her in everything. She says things like "Everyone does/feels xyz" or "Raise your hand if you have this struggle. Everyone? I thought so." I'm just over here like "I'm pretty sure that's just you." :pb_confused:

raquel likes poems

but she should merely just read 

hers make my eyes bleed 

"So be warned, human souls.  For whenever you come in contact with a wielder of words, you will most likely end up being a victim or a hero in one of their proses.  And if I were you, I would choose the latter."

This was the conclusion of an article featured on her home page. Not creepy at all.

1 hour ago, fiery redhead said:

"So be warned, human souls.  For whenever you come in contact with a wielder of words, you will most likely end up being a victim or a hero in one of their proses.  And if I were you, I would choose the latter."

This was the conclusion of an article featured on her home page. Not creepy at all.

Sometimes I think she looks up words in a thesaurus, finds the least common words and throws them all together in a sentence. Also, is "proses" a word? I was under the impression the prose would be both the singular and plural word, like the word deer. Also, if it's the other person's prose, then I don't really get a say on if I'm the victim or the hero, it's not my story. And don't people usually feel sympathy for the victim. Doesn't the word victim imply that you are not at fault? Maybe she meant villain?  So little words, so many questions!

33 minutes ago, Kate11 said:

Sometimes I think she looks up words in a thesaurus, finds the least common words and throws them all together in a sentence. Also, is "proses" a word? I was under the impression the prose would be both the singular and plural word, like the word deer. Also, if it's the other person's prose, then I don't really get a say on if I'm the victim or the hero, it's not my story. And don't people usually feel sympathy for the victim. Doesn't the word victim imply that you are not at fault? Maybe she meant villain?  So little words, so many questions!

You're right, she probably did mean villain, I just thought that victim was scary because of the tone, as in she had a beef with someone in real life ("when you come in contact with a weirder of words.....") and was cautioning people. 

Back to "proses" though, yeah apparently proses is the legitimate plural form as prose is a noun, but it still sounds awkward. Probably because she is supposedly talking about stories (hero vs villain-or-victim-depending-on-who-she's-pissed-at) and prose is not the same as a story. In that case she doesn't even have the thesaurus excuse. 

While reading my Facebook feed yesterday - I thought of Raquel.  The post was a share (or comment on a post) by a mystery writer I know (not well and she is published).  The post featured this article (on use of passive voice, specifically 'was' )

http://woodwardpress.com/2016/04/04/the-case-of-the-copula-overdose/

What caught my atention, as both a writer (unpublished) and someone who considers Raquel an untrainable pet fundie was this comment (name removed)

As an editor, I first hunt down and note ALL passive verb usages. I often stop there until the author rewrites those as active sentences instead of passive ones.

Now, imagine getting past that mindset. Meaning trying to get published from that editor. Because I did.  And I thought of Raquel's use of 'was' in what she has shared of her fiction in her blog. (unless it was not fiction, because Raquel). 

But I hold little hope that if she did see this, that she would take it to heart since she has yet to understand that improving ones writing means you have to share it.  You have to get critques.  And you have to admit your own flaws.  

I am behind in her poetry posts and need to catch up.  

And she probably meant this and go it wrong.

be-nice-or-i-will-put-you-in-my-next-novel-where-i-will-kill-you-slowly-and-very-painfully-and-ill-really-really-enjoy-it--431ae.png

From  this tweet it looks like she has a new man:

Screenshot - 04072016 - 03:04:49 PM.png

And her ex Not-Boyfriend is taking it hard, to say the least:

Screenshot - 04072016 - 03:03:03 PM.png

He's using some disturbing language here.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived