IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Second Novel- Part 2

keen23

I hope you fall in love with someone who will snuggle you even when you're contagiously sick with the flu.

I hope you fall in love with someone who burns the fancy dinner you two were making together because you got too distracted dancing around the kitchen and making out.

My husband takes care of me when I am sick, but no snuggles because he has to go to work and one of us needs to be healthy to take care of the children. 

I read the last one to my husband and he said that didn't sound too fun because it would be wasting food and money, someone would have to scrub the pots and pans, and scrubbing burnt food off pans is no fun, plus nothing kills the mood faster than a house that smells like burnt food. We are entirely too realistic to find this sort of stuff romantic. Anyway, if we currently burned a fancy meal because we were making out instead paying attention to the food that was cooking, we would also have to put up with kids whining for food. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

My husband takes care of me when I am sick, but no snuggles because he has to go to work and one of us needs to be healthy to take care of the children. 

I read the last one to my husband and he said that didn't sound too fun because it would be wasting food and money, someone would have to scrub the pots and pans, and scrubbing burnt food off pans is no fun, plus nothing kills the mood faster than a house that smells like burnt food. We are entirely too realistic to find this sort of stuff romantic. Anyway, if we currently burned a fancy meal because we were making out instead paying attention to the food that was cooking, we would also have to put up with kids whining for food. 

I like your husband. :) Raquel watches too many RomComs. 

My real world list:

*They make you laugh

*They never shame you for your hobbies or interests

*When you have a bad day, they're willing to watch the movie you love and they hate because they know it will make you happy.

*They will do their share of the chores.

*They're willing to act ridiculous over baby animals. (Never trust someone who isn't)

*They're the sort of person you want to make proud of you, because they want you to be proud of yourself

I hope you fall in love with someone who will snuggle you even when you're contagiously sick with the flu.

I hope you fall in love with someone who burns the fancy dinner you two were making together because you got too distracted dancing around the kitchen and making out.

Nope, we hand off the flu room supplies, and we sleep in separate bedrooms when we are sick.

Not just because we are germ avoiders, but because catching the flu, even from someone you love, sucks on many levels. And we have real jobs we can't easily miss.

Also, because, when I'm sick I want everyone to leave me alone--my mom says I've been like that since I was a kid.

And, yes, when we were young, we burned the dinner when we put it in the oven then got busy with other things.  And we remember it fondly, but honestly, turn the oven off.....

Latest poem is called:

I Doubt You'll Ever Read This

I can't roll my eyes hard enough. 

I still race other cars on the highway
The way you taught me
Even though the speed limit lowers around that one curve

Thank you for putting the lives of other people in danger Raquel. Didn't you have two car accidents in the last year? Maybe you should stop trying to race cars and go slow around curves before you hurt yourself or someone else.

I bought a black bandana to match with you

So this explains her sudden obsession with black.

I don't know if you even realized I posted that picture on Snapchat for you to see it

Raquel sweetie, don't do this. He is just not that into you. 

Speaking of Snapchat, we never took a picture together
I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for that

She will never forgive herself for not taking a snapchat picture with a guy who apparently doesn't want to have anything to do with her anymore? 

Your hugs always felt warm

Glad his hugs were warm. If they were cold it might have been a sign she was obsessed with a member of the Cullen family. The last thing Raquel needs is the opportunity to become a perpetually beautiful immortal. 

I still have that note on my phone of your phrases

You are getting a bit on the creepy side here Raquel. Time to let things go. Move on with your life.

Oh and hey, just so you know,
Even though I never told you
I like the sound of your name.

Alrighty then. 

For starters this isn't a poem. Secondly it is clear Raquel posted this in hopes that he would read it and realize how obsessed she is with him, find it attractive and come rushing back into her arms. That might work in a book, but in real life, if he reads this he is just going to be reminded of all the reasons he no longer wants to be with Raquel. She will smother people with her controlling obsessive love. 

@formergothardite - don't roll your eyes too hard - you might sprain something.

and off I go to read.

Wait - why does he remind her of cigarette smoke?  EW? (Cigarette smoke reminds me of my step father and yeah - that was a fantabulous relationship)

Arguing about who is taller?  Um i thought Raquel liked taller guys.

And Raquel - he's not only not into you, you probably never made it into the friend zone completely.

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

@formergothardite - don't roll your eyes too hard - you might sprain something.

and off I go to read.

Wait - why does he remind her of cigarette smoke?  EW? (Cigarette smoke reminds me of my step father and yeah - that was a fantabulous relationship)

Arguing about who is taller?  Um i thought Raquel liked taller guys.

And Raquel - he's not only not into you, you probably never made it into the friend zone completely.

But, but SHE BOUGHT A BANDANA TO MATCH HIS!!!! He sent her a picture of a wolf! This was true love! 

Why do you need a picture of yourself

In a post about that guy

Who is really not that into you

It's weird and

Self-obsessed

Or you could just write like

Normal people

Instead of giving every thought

Its own line

And calling it poetry

Because that's not what it is

Even if you include details like

A fuzzy blanket

or the smell of

Cigarette smoke

(you little rebel)

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Unrequited love is a bitch. 

Especially when you have the unbreakable bond of matching bandannas.  

I really hate

How Raquel's "poems"

have words like "emoji" and "snapchat" in them

it sounds fucking stupid

To the Raquels of the world:

you are the reason everyone hates

my generation

fuck you

Okay, not going to lie, the title of that "poem" made me snort my soda. :pb_lol: That is just one of the most amazingly, hysterically teenage things I've ever seen. Most people aren't that teenaged when they're teenagers

That's a poem? It reads like a compliation of texts that were sent to this guy and he replied to none of them.

I know that this has been said before, but Raquel's poems remind me of something I might have written in middle school in a notebook that was later destroyed because it was so embarrassing. Definitely not something I would write as an adult and publish on the Internet for the entire world to see!

She could have written a nice poem about loss/a break-up with the imagery of the bracelet he gave her that she is afraid to wear because it might break completely.  A poem centered around that one image could be done very well.  But instead, it's just a mish-mash of random stuff.  

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

enhanced-30822-1456268292-1.png

He's like, damn she died on me in the middle of a level. 

Is this Raquel or someone else? Either way it is a bit pathetic. 

On 23.2.2016 at 4:37 PM, formergothardite said:

I wouldn't  even want to snuggle if I'm contagious. Because, newsflash, I love him and I don't want to make him sick. Usually it goes through the whole family though and everyone gets it from one family member or another. But if it's just a boyfriend it would be easier to avoid infecting him. 

Latest poem is called:

I Doubt You'll Ever Read This

I can't roll my eyes hard enough. 

I still race other cars on the highway

The way you taught me

Even though the speed limit lowers around that one curve

Thank you for putting the lives of other people in danger Raquel. Didn't you have two car accidents in the last year? Maybe you should stop trying to race cars and go slow around curves before you hurt yourself or someone else.

I bought a black bandana to match with you

So this explains her sudden obsession with black.

I don't know if you even realized I posted that picture on Snapchat for you to see it

Raquel sweetie, don't do this. He is just not that into you. 

Speaking of Snapchat, we never took a picture together

I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for that

She will never forgive herself for not taking a snapchat picture with a guy who apparently doesn't want to have anything to do with her anymore? 

Your hugs always felt warm

Glad his hugs were warm. If they were cold it might have been a sign she was obsessed with a member of the Cullen family. The last thing Raquel needs is the opportunity to become a perpetually beautiful immortal. 

I still have that note on my phone of your phrases

You are getting a bit on the creepy side here Raquel. Time to let things go. Move on with your life.

Oh and hey, just so you know,

Even though I never told you

I like the sound of your name.

Alrighty then. 

For starters this isn't a poem. Secondly it is clear Raquel posted this in hopes that he would read it and realize how obsessed she is with him, find it attractive and come rushing back into her arms. That might work in a book, but in real life, if he reads this he is just going to be reminded of all the reasons he no longer wants to be with Raquel. She will smother people with her controlling obsessive love. 

A more apt title for this poem is "RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN"

I wrote a poem:

It's nearing midnight
I cannot sleep
Cannot switch off my mind

All my thoughts drift back

To you.

To distract myself I make a meal
Just some pasta with a simple dressing, right?

But it is never that simple.

The pasta reminds of the dishes I've made for us
While you paced around the kitchen, joking and laughing
Pretending to be interested so I would feel loved

The red sauce reminds of the drinks we shared while we mused our future - our everything.

And now it is gone; finished, like so many godly relationships and fall to the wayside.

Empty plate and empty heart.

I think it should be

mandatory

that we all type

like this in

Raquel threads.

As usual, Raquel's writing

is very confusing!

She talks about the hoodie

but it seems like

the stain is actually

on her shirt.