IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 9: They slosh through the rain.

Coconut Flan

How long have they been in doing those language classes? Neither one of them can string two words together and Jill won't even try. Jill's accent is slightly better than Derrick's, although I only heard them say a 3 or 4 words.  

I did hear Derrick ask the baby "do you like fruta"...awful he can't say it in Spanish after all that Spanish school. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Since childhood, I've made a hobby of learning about medicinal/practical plant use.  I have quite a few books on ethnobotany of various cultures, including Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs.

What I'm trying to say is that in Duggar-land, I'll turn you into a newt.  And it WON'T get better.  

I SO love this! :D

Pickles posted a couple of photos of a non-infant Izzy tightly swaddled and crying. Does anyone know where Jill/Derick posted them originally? I can't seem to find them.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Pickles posted a couple of photos of a non-infant Izzy tightly swaddled and crying. Does anyone know where Jill/Derick posted them originally? I can't seem to find them.

I just saw those pictures and came right over here... they are awful.  

Izzy is almost a toddler!  WTF are they doing?  My little granddaughter is about the same age; I can't believe they would "swaddle" ( or whatever the hell) him like that and then take pictures of him while he's crying - and he is crying HARD.   The pictures are  upsetting.  No, I don't know where they came from but am off to look.  

A child as old as Israel is way too old to be swaddled as far as I know. (Maybe someone with more knowledge on it will chime in. My kid hated being swaddled around 1 month old so we stopped.) Poor kid.

Can't find the pix elsewhere but so weird that they would post them... Izzy looks a little younger than now but not much. He's wearing little tennis shoes in one pic. Agree he's too big to be swaddled unless it calms him and he surely isn't calm... Crying hard. I don't think it's cool to repost from Pickles FB and she didn't say where she sourced the pictures. Shaking my head.

I think Pickles tends to swipe photos from private fb and IG accounts of Duggar friends, but those pictures are ridiculous. It seems like Jill has always over swaddled. At least to me, my kid didn't like it so I didn't do it long, but I don't know anyone that swaddled after 3 months. And why take a picture? Were these blanket training checks up that Jill sent back to Mullet?

These pictures break my heart- I had hope that Derick would see the wrong in the blanket training etc,. and it wouldn't be an issue with Izzy... poor lil guy..

5 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Yikes. Those pictures are terrible. They make me want to pick Israel up and comfort him, the poor thing!

Same. I just want to give him cuddles.

How dense are they to post such pictures?! It's so bizarre to me how often they seem oblivious to their antics.

And he's not an infant... that's the thing... Just so strange. And two different points in time/ different blankets etc. Izzy looks so sad.

He could roll off that bed and hurt himself. Jilly Muffin probably wouldn't be able to put her phone down quick enough to catch him.

After seeing the non- cropped photos- I do not think blanket training is happening with these specific photos.... however... he's obviously too old to be swaddled- I would say newbie parent mistake? but Jill's been around A LOT of babies..

Why on earth are they doing this to that baby?   I'm not familiar with "swaddling" - it is supposed to comfort him?  It's not working!   I will agree on WHY post these pics??

Wow. Big difference in the non-cropped photo on the bed. Looks not as crazy and maybe Izzy isn't as old as I certainly first thought. Pickles has people going crazy wanting to call CPS over there. Not quite that bad imo but poor judgment for sure on Jill's part...

I don't understand why some of you guys have a different reaction to the uncropped photos? Both versions are alarming, imo.

I really want to talk about how Jed and Jer are maybe in "Central America" right now with the Dillards, but I don't want to take away from the swaddling controversy!!!!!!!1!!!!!111!! :kitty-wink:

4 minutes ago, Raecheal said:

After seeing the non- cropped photos- I do not think blanket training is happening with these specific photos.... however... he's obviously too old to be swaddled- I would say newbie parent mistake? but Jill's been around A LOT of babies..

Around babies

Babies that were fed peas lying on their backs.

Babies that were left sitting at the table unattended.

Babies that were passed around and handled by small children from the moment they drew their first breath.

She knows about baby care, childbirth and anything family related Duggar style...meaning the easy and lacking in any common sense or safety way.

I saw the pic on Pickles. Still think it's a strange one. Some babies do find comfort in being swaddled, unfortunately not mine. I do wonder why Jill would post it. It's obviously not blanket training because the baby has to be able to crawl off the blanket so you can hit it. Instant obedience and stifling curiosity.

And here I thought I needed to make my house safe to give my children the opportunity to explore. Silly me.

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

In a lot of places with heavy historical or current missionary presence, it's not uncommon to hear locals who speak English in the accent/dialect of the missionaries who happened to teach them English.

Though when I taught English, my program told us to try to hold to a very standard "newscaster" American accent as best we could...which, well, not everyone could do flawlessly. One girl from Minnesota joked that she was going to do the full-on Fargo/Prairie Home Companion accent in her class just to spite the program. I think that teaching ELLs about accents and regional dialects in English is a good thing, since it's a nice cross-cultural comparison (my kids spoke a very distinct dialect of Chinese) and it can prepare ELLs who might travel or immigrate to an English speaking country for hearing and understanding English that differs from their textbooks.

My mom and my dad's parents' (and his siblings) were immigrants and my dad and my siblings and I were the first in our family to be born in Canada. When my mom had first arrived in North America she told me she had an English teacher who was from TX but had lived in Boston, MA for university before moving to Saskatchewan (where my mom was at the time) and so apparently had acquired an interesting accent mix over the years. I, myself, am multilingual and love learning about languages/dialects so it's all very fascinating to me. Any kind of exposure to any language and its diverse dialects is a definite advantage and I wish everyone from schools to pop culture would put even more emphasis on it.  Often when one learns a language one also learns about the country's/regions' culture and that kind of mind-opening learning experience is so important. Xenophobia is all just people being afraid of the unknown and what people don't know they turn into assumptions...and then terrible things can happen.

It seems like a punishment. Like he was crawling some place he wasn't supposed to so she swaddled him to keep him still.

29 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Why on earth are they doing this to that baby?   I'm not familiar with "swaddling" - it is supposed to comfort him?  It's not working!   I will agree on WHY post these pics??

Swaddling is a technique where you wrap a baby in a blanket very snugly so they can't move their arms, legs much.  Many newborns really like it because they've been confined in the womb and it's very comforting to them.  

I've never seen it used past newborns...and I've never done it and left them laying alone.  The concept is wrapping them in a little cocoon of blanket and holding them usually while rocking which many find soothing.

None of mine wanted any part of it past a couple days old and then found it irritating so I dropped it.  Some babies like it a little longer...but not months IME.

The pictures of an unhappy swaddled baby who is probably too old to be swaddled - who does that, and then who posts that???

And then there is Dericks right eye, still really smaller than the left.   This picture is from Jill's Instagram.   The different sized eyes have been in other pictures too, so it's not that he is leaning into Jill.   I really hope he knows what is going on with that eye and any other issues he might be having on the right side of his face. 

Quality medical care Dillard's and Duggars, it's worth it.  

image.jpeg

I cannot for the life of me wager a guess as to why these PICTURES were taken in the first damn place! WTH??? I'm just SMH and cursing Derick for not being the 'voice of reason' I had truly hoped he would be. I know, I know, he *sought out* the Duggars, etc. but I still hoped. Even when he quit his job, transitioned to a grifter so easily, played the reality show fake reality game.

If *we* feel this way, can you imagine how Cathy feels seeing her 'third blood relative'/grandson being treated this way?!?! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived