IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 9: They slosh through the rain.

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Also remember Jackson getting lost in the airport because he went to the bathroom alone. Really responsible parenting.

IIRC, Jackson didn't go alone.  He got left behind.   In an international airport.

No words on the posted photos of the miserable bound baby.  No words.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW.  Pickles didn't post these, someone posted them to her page. If they were cropped it was the person who posted them to the page. 

And I have to agree, posting these pictures publicly is very odd.   I mean, even if you are using reasonable disciplinary techniques, most of us to take pictures of our kids being disciplined and post them to social media. 

@calimojo... I'm not a FB expert but it looked to me like Pickles posted the pix of Izzy with her initial comments which btw I agreed with. Why do you say someone else posted them...wouldn't that person's name be there?. I'm just trying to figure out the motivation for posting them now since they're not entirely current.

Ugh! Just took a look at Derick's Instagram account. The picture of izzy shows him with a black eye! 

Does anyone have that link for the page that posts his ig pics for nonfollowers?

As per Izzy, that poor boy! Way too old and upset for swaddling pictures. Maybe blanket training was too much work for Jilly, so she found another way to break his spirit and keep him from exploring where she wouldn't have to remain as vigilant with a rod.

13 minutes ago, missegeno said:

Does anyone have that link for the page that posts his ig pics for nonfollowers?

As per Izzy, that poor boy! Way too old and upset for swaddling pictures. Maybe blanket training was too much work for Jilly, so she found another way to break his spirit and keep him from exploring where she wouldn't have to remain as vigilant with a rod.

Just so I am not misunderstood, there is absolutely nothing funny to me about those pictures of Izzy in terms of what was going on when they were taken or what that probably means in a broader sense.  However, when I read the bolded - I thought you were going in another direction and I found my own thoughts humorous.  Today I am feeling I am way too old and upset to look at those photos or even think about it all.

It would be amazing for all the lazy parents in the world though. Yyou don't even have to get up off  your ass to smack the children  when they crawl off the blanket if you swaddle them so they can't.

3 hours ago, missegeno said:

Do you have an Instagram account? If you do, go to search using DuggarFam and it shows all the accounts. I can't see the private ones tho. But when Derick went private, their was a workaround, if you looked at his tweet from his account @Derick4Him then follow the link, you could see the photo. 

I know nothing about swaddling or child care in general, or how difficult it must be bringing up a youngster. But those photos of Izzy swaddled like that are quite disturbing to me, especially how distressed he looks.

Not exactly a kodak moment that leads you to reaching for the camera and desperate to upload and share with the world. I don't understand these people at all.

15 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Do you have an Instagram account? If you do, go to search using DuggarFam and it shows all the accounts. I can't see the private ones tho. But when Derick went private, their was a workaround, if you looked at his tweet from his account @Derick4Him then follow the link, you could see the photo. 

Looks to me like his Instagram is public again. I could see it yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Not exactly a kodak moment that leads you to reaching for the camera and desperate to upload and share with the world. I don't understand these people at all.

Exactly, but even if Izzy was smiling and laughing in the pics, I doubt they'd go over well.  

12 hours ago, Johanna25 said:

I happen to have a wonky eye; one has a heavier lid and is always more closed than the other. I think it started sometime in my 40's. Not quite as noticeable as Derrick's, but definitely asymmetrical. I don't think it has any neurological basis; I look at it as part of getting older.

I have one as well, but mine is directly vision related. I have an eye movement disorder and as a result one eye works significantly harder than the other leaving one of them weaker. It could have been fixed surgically when I was younger, but my parents didn't view is as necessary. 

15 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said: Do you have an Instagram account? If you do, go to search using DuggarFam and it shows all the accounts. I can't see the private ones tho. But when Derick went private, their was a workaround, if you looked at his tweet from his account @Derick4Him then follow the link, you could see the photo. 

Looks to me like his Instagram is public again. I could see it yesterday.

Gasp! You're right! I wonder when he reopened it. :-)

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 10:30 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm still horrified at the thought of Jill saying she's a "midwife" and all these women believing her.

I think that if anyone starts talking to Jill about midwifery and childbirth, her lack of education will shine through. She has to face facts, that she needs to be properly educated to become a midwife, in a brick and mortar school. I wonder why she doesn't attend OSU, where Derick graduated from.

About Derick's eye issue, I have the same problem. It's not so noticeable in person, just as they say, pictures don't lie.   My DD has this issue as well. But really, Derick's surgery didn't do him any favors, and he may want to consider taking pics only from a certain angle or learning how to exercise his facial muscles to minimize the issue (from my experience).

As for the swaddling pics, I wonder how long she will continue to swaddle Izzy. My DD hated it, once she was more coordinated (around 4 months), and I only did it after her baths and I held her.

I often wonder what life is really like with Jill, for Derick. I don't think it's all wonderful. She seems to be insecure and clingy. I don't know if Derick feels like he has much say in what is going on.  I so wish that I could move to Antigua, be their neighbors, and find out what they're really like.

Also wanted to add that the uncropped pic of a very swaddled Izzy on the bed, what's up with the clothes and crap on one side of the bed and nightstand and not the other?

Izzy is too old to be swaddled and clearly does not like it. My daughter loved to be swaddled. She could not sleep without being swaddled when she was a newborn. They sell swaddle sleep sacks now that Velcro shut and allow newborn babies to sleep safely swaddled. It is not tight around the hips and it keeps the babies from getting their arms free. A baby should not be swaddled if he or she can roll from back to stomach. A baby should never be put on his or her stomach swaddled. I looked just looked up the safety recommendations and possible overheating should also a concern. They really like to post all of their parenting mistakes on social media.

We got a few things to swaddle our next one in case he likes it. However, we will quickly stop swaddling if he makes it clear that he does not like it. I don't understand people who think all babies and children are the same.

43 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I think that if anyone starts talking to Jill about midwifery and childbirth, her lack of education will shine through. She has to face facts, that she needs to be properly educated to become a midwife, in a brick and mortar school. I wonder why she doesn't attend OSU, where Derick graduated from.

About Derick's eye issue, I have the same problem. It's not so noticeable in person, just as they say, pictures don't lie.   My DD has this issue as well. But really, Derick's surgery didn't do him any favors, and he may want to consider taking pics only from a certain angle or learning how to exercise his facial muscles to minimize the issue (from my experience).

As for the swaddling pics, I wonder how long she will continue to swaddle Izzy. My DD hated it, once she was more coordinated (around 4 months), and I only did it after her baths and I held her.

I often wonder what life is really like with Jill, for Derick. I don't think it's all wonderful. She seems to be insecure and clingy. I don't know if Derick feels like he has much say in what is going on.  I so wish that I could move to Antigua, be their neighbors, and find out what they're really like.

Also wanted to add that the uncropped pic of a very swaddled Izzy on the bed, what's up with the clothes and crap on one side of the bed and nightstand and not the other?

Looks like my room. My nightstand is full of crap. My husband's just has his chargers, phone, tablet, and a framed family photo.

10 minutes ago, Ali said:

Izzy is too old to be swaddled and clearly does not like it. My daughter loved to be swaddled. She could not sleep without being swaddled when she was a newborn. They sell swaddle sleep sacks now that Velcro shut and allow newborn babies to sleep safely swaddled. It is not tight around the hips and it keeps the babies from getting their arms free. A baby should not be swaddled if he or she can roll from back to stomach. A baby should never be put on his or her stomach swaddled. I looked just looked up the safety recommendations and possible overheating should also a concern. They really like to post all of their parenting mistakes on social media.

We got a few things to swaddle our next one in case he likes it. However, we will quickly stop swaddling if he makes it clear that he does not like it. I don't understand people who think all babies and children are the same.

I loved the velco swaddlers. That's what we used for the first month. Then once he didn't like being swaddled, we switched to regular sleep sacks so we didn't need blankets. Even now, at 2, he is in an "early walker" sleep sack. It has feet openings so he can walk around. He still doesn't have a blanket since he's a wild sleeper. 

I've always been paranoid about overheating since it's possible it can lead to SIDS. So when we've kept our house warmer, we didn't use a sleep sack at all. Better safe than sorry. We also never used a bumper or put anything in the crib (unlike all the Duggars.)

10 minutes ago, Ali said:

Bwahhh- in Duggarville the kids are all viewed as one unit. It's easier for the parents-

With regard to the Christmas pictures of Izzy with the black eye (being discussed on various tumblrs) I think that's probably pretty benign... he's starting to stand up and "creep" along the furniture.  Easily could have fallen and bruised his eye. 

Or maybe he was playing with some of those central american heathen children and they threw a ball/toy or something at the big, white baby and hit him in the eye.   (Something similar just happened to my petite (tiny) nine-month old granddaughter at Xmas - a gigantic, toddling 13 month old baby (looked like the Stay-Puff marshallow man from Ghostbusters) wanted to "share" a wooden toy with her and tossed it RIGHT at her head, hitting her just below the eye.  Ouch.  

Or he could be allergic to some food, but then I guess both eyes would be swollen.  

STILL wondering today  (1)  why any parent would post such pictures  (the Duggars/Dillards are so tone-deaf in terms of what feedback they might draw from this!)  and (2)  why those pictures were posted on Pickles FB just yesterday when they were probably taken a month or more ago (not that Izzie's somewhat younger age excuses the "swaddling" or whatever-the-fuck they're doing).  

33 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Check out ptosis.. it may answer your questions about the wonky eye. And a friend of mine did wind up having surgery for ptosis.

http://www.aao.org/

How often do people with ptosis need surgery? I know Forest Whitaker has it and he's in his 50s and has never had it corrected. Is it because it doesn't bother him or affect his eyesight?

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

They must not have second thoughts about posting the 'swaddling' pictures. They are still on the Dillard family blog. 

I tried saving them to the wayback machine, but it didn't work, so now they're on my hard drive. Naturally, I looked at the EXIF data. The bed photo was taken Nov. 13 at 1:28PM and the pack & play pic is from Oct. 28 at 7:52AM. For context, Israel turned seven months old on Nov. 6. I can't find location information, but I may not be looking in the right place (Properties>Details). Would it be there, or somewhere else? 

To me it looks like they are sleep training.  And in typical Dullard fashion they are doing it in a way that would make even hard core sleep training advocates cringe.  It seems obvious to me that that poor baby is crying it out. Sigh 

This makes it clear to me that the Duggars have all sorts of tips and tricks for assembly line child rearing that we never hear about.  Swaddle sleep training, for example, may be something that was always done to the Duggar babies and so therefore Jill thinks it is normal and acceptable (after all her mother was MOTY!) and that is why she posts pictures of it without thinking about how bad it looks.

Just makes me wonder what other torture training they put their babies through to make life easier for themselves and turn out zombies submissive, obedient children.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived