IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 20

Coconut Flan

If this even has a remote chance of developing into a series for TLC the first thing  TLC will have to do is give Ben the ax. To me Ben was painful to watch.  Ben can't formulate or articulate a sentence.  I kept noticing how Jessa would have to jump in and take over his sentences because they seemed even painful to Jessa herself (and buy some curtain rods for Heaven sake, Dollar General has them for $5).  And lack of personality can't be blamed on Ben's age either, Josiah and Joseph who are younger than Ben are capable of forming thoughts and conveying messages.  Actually, I enjoyed the group of John-D, Jana, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah and Joy-Anna much more  than Jessa/Ben, Derick/Jill and babies.  If TLC really wants to make a go of this I think their focus is all wrong.  They should be focusing on the kids who are just beginning their lives.  They should do something to the effect of John-D, Jana, Jinger, Josiah, Joseph and Joy taking classes at the community college.  Maybe Jinger could be taking a photography course and building a little business for herself.  Josiah could be part of the choir and getting involved in musical theater.  Maybe show John-D with a group of peers his age, he can major in criminal justice.  Jana would look great in design and art classes.. I hope she takes up pottery too. I mean seriously can't TLC see where the real story line is.  The real story line should be about the kids who have to build a new life because Josh totally ruin their old life. I hope TLC is rushing next weeks episode to the editing department and editing out Ben trying to talk. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading Buzzard’s recaps and everyone’s opinions, I don’t think I can tolerate watching this episode.  

Even though I knew Anna was probably staying with Josh, I don’t have the stomach to see a wife and mother living in a freaking dorm room.   I guess you get demoted when a husband isn’t around.  God forbid a woman lives independently.  I know she was raised this way but I just can't take it anymore.  

Did she say God has forgiven her of so much?  Like what?

I grew up in a controlled environment and was raised seeing women stay with abusive and cheating husbands so I think I’m at my limit.  

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Tell him take a number.  We all want to know what Snuffalumpagus does to earn his keep :)

Hmmm

2 hours ago, nst said:

He kisses Michelle's ass lol

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of what he does with Jessa.

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Hmmm

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of what he does with Jessa.

He certainly kisses her ass since they are dry as toast.

it must be the sex that keeps from killing each other with nothing to say substantially except for oh and hmm

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

I also noticed how one side of Anna's face didn't move either.  Strange. 

I noticed the asymmetry in Anna's face as well. It appears as if she has bells palsy.  

I was actually suspicious about Botox during Jill's talking head segments...and then Jessa's.  Maybe they got a group rate deal on Botox for all the women.

At least they won't have to worry about developing frown lines...since they're not allowed to frown.

2 hours ago, JHeathen said:

Here is the website for the Holland Barn where they had Splurgeon's baby shower.  They should have hired a professional to write their text.  But anyway,  I am wondering why the cost for a 6-hour Quinceañera is three freaking thousand dollars, while the cost of an 8-hour "birthday party/event" is only $850 (4 hrs $500), and a whole-day wedding is still less than the quinceanera at $2800.  

http://hollandbarn.com/

I am guessing that the Quinceañera party is a package that includes things like carriage ride, DJ, etc. but for the weddings those are a la carte.  There is a venue in our area that offers rentals with few "frills" for 6 hours at a lower rate than a package that lasts 3 hours.  But the package covers everything while the 6 hour rental (the minimum time you can rent the venue without a package) covers little more than the space, basic set up, the table-linens and maybe the PA system. (Not sure about that.  We ended up with a different venue altogether.)

Why were we shown Anna fixing her hair?  Joshley's not around and OMG please don't let it be for Jim Bob.

Can't stand Sierra.  I've watched these people pump out septic tanks, walk through chicken shit with flip flops on, and fist a cow...yet two seconds of Sierra and I'm done.

Anna is raw and sad

i hope she allows herself to rail sometimes

what happens if josh decides to leave her?

sierra ugh -she is slightly better than that woman who should not be named

2 hours ago, mebeforee said:

Also, I now feel like Jill and Derick's comments about coming home as a family of 4 was more about the possibility of adopting. And I actually trust their inclination more since they're regularly interacting with orphaned children, unlike the rest of the Duggars, which might make them more compelled in that direction.

As mentioned above in this thread and in a couple of earlier messages in (I think) the JB and Michelle want to adopt thread in the last couple of days, adopting from Guatemala is no longer possible for Americans.  (Essentially the US government won't let you bring the kid into the US due to fears connected to child trafficking and worse.)  

El Salvador might be a better bet, but they are not in El Salvador right now unless they have finished their language training vacation and are now shopping for babies in a neighboring country.  (Let's fervently hope not.)

That baby shower was pure fundy

boring as hell

they need to let these people fade away

jill has no personality, Derrick is flat anD Ben and jessa are just there trying to be relevant and yet they aren't 

11 hours ago, Madbetty said:

Here in Ireland, I don't think I will be able to watch? Even if I could find it on satellite tv , could I spare an hour at this busy old time for avid viewing though , Ok I don't really need to watch or  listen  too hard to keep up with the fascinating and exclusive reveals ..so I could be making mince pies ,wrapping presents and icing the cake while viewing for all the mental agility it  will take..Anyone in my neck of the woods going to or has watched?!

In your neck of the woods and trying to watch too.... somewhere, anywhere..... Guilty pleasures are too few and far between in the run up to 'The Christmas' ;)

5 hours ago, Redandbluenights said:

Hey- hey... A local! Always good to know I'm not suffering in the philly area alone. 

I'm about 20 mins north of you! :greetings-wavegreen::greetings-wavegreen::greetings-wavegreen::greetings-wavegreen:  (My bro lives in your town.)

I'm not saying this lightly. I truly believe Ben is a stoner. In the talking heads, he often had that faraway look when Jessa is speaking and he thinks the camera is not on himself. When he speaks, he can't form a coherent thought.   He also is friends with former drug users. 

I know this had been discussed a lot, but these latest episodes really cement that belief for me. There is less editing of the taking heads and different camera angles than previously, and his being stoned is not edited out. 

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I wonder if Jana's bed was in the more private spot and also the space that would best accommodate the baby's crib.  It can't be easy for Jana either to have to give up her space.

Anna and the baby sleep with all the girls...?  gosh I hope the baby is a great sleeper, and not waking everyone up at all hours.

How do Anna, Mackynzie, Meredith, Jana, Jinger, Joy Anna, Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie ALL fit in the girls' room??? (I'm assuming they put Michael and Marcus with the boys)

7 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I thought she referred to him as Joshua in the beginning. On their old JA20 website she only calls him Joshua in their "how we met" word diarrhea. 

As the show went on I noticed that when she was talking about any of his bad behavior or his "rehab" it was Joshua. When she was talking about the happier things then it was back to Josh. 

Any mental health folks around here care to comment?

I'm sorry if I missed this discussed.  Is Michael sleeping in the boys room?  He always seemed a bit clingy and that both he and Kinzie took some work to get to bed.  I wonder how the M-kids are adjusting.   Now that I think about it, it always seemed like the Howlers and Lost Girls usually just dropped off where ever and whenever, so I supposed they adopted that Duggar bedtime technique.   

Hi FJ folks, I'm brand new here.

I found this forum accidentally, by following the Subway scandal, then the Joshley issues, then following some link that led me to a wormhole which brought me to this alternate universe: where snark and humor rule, diverse beliefs abound, but respect and consideration are esteemed above all else,
After spending way too much of my time lurking this past weekend (including reading the guidelines) could anyone point me to an answer to this question: What is the deal about breaking some links but not others?  It seems like news sites are OK to link, peer-reviewed articles are OK as well, some blogs are OK but not others.  Some stuff posted on facebook is OK, but some comments posted on facebook are not OK,
Is it all about not wanting to send too much bandwidth to small sites?  Or linking things that are opinion but not recognized as fact? Thanks to anyone who can clue me in to the logic.

1 hour ago, YourGodIsNotMine said:

I'm not saying this lightly. I truly believe Ben is a stoner. In the talking heads, he often had that faraway look when Jessa is speaking and he thinks the camera is not on himself. When he speaks, he can't form a coherent thought.   He also is friends with former drug users. 

I know this had been discussed a lot, but these latest episodes really cement that belief for me. There is less editing of the taking heads and different camera angles than previously, and his being stoned is not edited out. 

I really don't want to speculate that someone is doing illegal drugs. Still, if Ben is that much in la-la land during his talking heads, something might be up. Would painkillers be another possibility? I think Jessa would figure out pot pretty quickly and report it to mom and dad, but pills could be explained easily. My fervent hope is that he has some sort of medical condition and the meds he was prescribed by a legitimate doctor are just making him loopy or interacting with something else he takes (oh, the fun I've had when I forgot that I took Benadryl and then drank alcohol or took something else that has similar side-effects to Benadryl), and a visit with the doctor to adjust the dose or try a different drug will sort him out.

I'm new to this forum, and tonight was the first time I've watched this show, except for one time I was flipping around and there was nothing else of interest on TV.
Had to watch this time, since I've read plenty on FJ:
I have to say, these are the most boring people I've ever imagined. The whole show was about baby bumps and babies - that was all the women chose to talk about.  The OMG so wonderful party/baby shower was sickening.  Husbands making baby food out of hot peppers - please, no.  Change a diaper first, maybe.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived