IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 20

Coconut Flan

Part 4

Central America

Derrick - so far we've gotten settled into our apartment and started with our language studies.

Derrick walks into the kitchen and jill sucks his face.  Cathy cuts papaya

They show the apartment.  They have a toaster, microwave etc.

Derrick - We dont want to get too spoiled because we're going to a really rural area. 

Derrick heads out

Jill has her classes at the house and hte teachers dont charge extra!

Derrick didnt expect rain... 

JIll - I miss not being able to go to school with derrick but its easier for me to study at home for israel.  He can be a little distracting when I'm trying to concentrate. 

Shots of Israel knocking things over and eating stuff

Jill - Its great because Jessica (teacher) is also a mother. It feels good to be back in the swing of things.  Its days like these that I miss my sisters

Jessa  in Binrmingham

Ben - a lot of people come to these events.  Its really amazing to see the variety of women...

Jessa - with everything my family has walked through in the past months I think there was a little bit of a different feel coming into these speaking engagements, because a lot were QA style and you never know if someone is going to throw out a question just to get a reaction out of you or catch you off guard.

The announcer is DISGUSTINGLY happy.  

Jessa discusses how they arent telling the sex

Ben doesnt know if they'll have 19 kids

Jessa - we wont have 19 biological kids but we may adopt.  They have been in contact with an agency in the area.  Apparently you cant adopt while you're pregnant or have a newborn...

at the show

Jessa - surprised at how fast they got pregnant.  Feels like its a big baby

Newlywed game... OMG I WANT TO SLAP THIS ANNOUNCER

Favorite food - gets it wrong.  She likes milk chocolate

Color of favorite slippers - she doesnt have any... Jessa likes to go barefoot

Jessa says she doesnt like to do speaking engagements on her own.  

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

AHA.. Jill and Derick planning to adopt in Guatemala to get their second child.

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for the kids, not gonna happen: " Pending the development of a robust adoption system, the US now only approves transitional cases, where adoption had begun before the Hague ratification" (wiki)

2 minutes ago, DigDugger said:

They're definitely fishing for a longer TLC gig; the talking heads keep making references of "all the things to come."  (Once they finishing "walking through" the current situation.)  

I don't see this show working out as a full-season series.  Baby's first bite of food wasn't all that exciting. His first words and first steps won't be either.

JB and Michelle were shown more in the background than last week's show, and I predict they'll be shown even more in next week's, to the point of having talking heads again. 
It totally is to bring back 19 kids

1 minute ago, FakePigtails said:

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for the kids, not gonna happen: " Pending the development of a robust adoption system, the US now only approves transitional cases, where adoption had begun before the Hague ratification" (wiki)

The sound you just heard was a die-hard atheist sincerely shouting, "THANK YOU, JESUS!"

10 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

Nursing while walking?  Is that safe or even reasonable to expect a baby to nurse while getting jostled down the street?

Yep it's safe lol. I do it all the time with my almost 7m old. 

I love that they showed her a wrap to wear him in.

Part 5

Central America

Jill wears Izzy as they walk down the streets.  They're going to meet a local woman with a baby.  The woman points out how they carry babies - they "sling" and they demonstrate on Jill. Even they knew she was doing it wrong. Jill liked it because she could nurse and walk.

She manages to defeat the sling and carries him.

They go to a woman's house and make a tortilla.  The woman has fresh avocado so they decide to feed it to Israel.  Jill videos... It has too much lemon.  Jill didnt do such a good job speaking spanish, or even trying to speak spanish...

They head out (without the baby sling).

Back in Alabama...

Jessa hangs out for a babymoon.  They go to a farmers market and look at peppers.  Jessa sees pickles so you know what happened there.  They sit down and she eats them... and feeds ben.  Its pickled Okra... then they move on to some pie type thing.  Ben says Pie should be lunch.  Jessa notes that they forgot utensils.  

Jessa says the baby moves more when she has sugar.  They kiss.

Next time:

Jessa is still pregnant

Derrick and JIll allude that they may adopt while they're down there

Anna goes back to her "home" with Jessa... 

Jessa has the baby and they play the 911 call.

I'm only a few minutes in, watching it on DVR, but dang, Anna is barely holding it together. You can tell she knows what she's "supposed" to say but is having a hard time getting it out. She is broken. 

Thanks to all for your heroic efforts, which freed me up to watch s new program about dying sturgeon (which I keep hearing as "spurgeon") in the Hudson River. Yes, really. 

TLC, this is not going to work as a long term series of specials, no one wants to watch grown adults without jobs on TV!   The old show worked because they hid under the umbrella of, look at us we live debt-free and we have all these kids.

But once the kids were old enough to work or go to college, the reality of the reality show came to light, and the family just got creepy.

8 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

I just need to quote this beautiful comment and urge you all to thank FakePigtails for sparing you the EPIC RANT I was getting ready to write. I think I felt a blood vessel in by brain bulge at that Derrick and Jill scene. 

13 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Ben: "I'm definitely a pickled okra guy." Scintillating stuff y'all. 

I do love me some pickled okra. I'm fucking starving. 

33 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Ok, so clearly hair is about 80% of what's wrong with Derrick's face. 

Wait a godamned minute. That clip with Jill wasting he tutor's time with Israel happened when Cathy was still there?

I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice Derrick's hairs looks like JimBobs

Over the years I have gone from watching because I was genuinely curious about such an enormous family. Then I watched for the WTF factor because they are all so odd. Then I moved on to snark watching.

I have now moved to the final stage - hate watching!  They are all so clueless .

30 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Ummmm ... WHO is the idiot moderator at the Birmingham women's show???

Ah, thanks for the reminder that these twats came to my neck of the woods. I vaguely remember DH telling me and I either went on a rant (which was incredibly enthralling for him, I sure) or scoffs, made a crude joke, and blocked it out. If someone can give me the name, I can probably give the DL if anyone is interested. I'm sure it's more entertaining than this shit. I'll do some interneting and get back to you.

Just now, lascuba said:

I just need to quote this beautiful comment and urge you all to thank FakePigtails for sparing you the EPIC RANT I was getting ready to write. I think I felt a blood vessel in by brain bulge at that Derrick and Jill scene. 

:D I think there are 2 possibilities here, one that means they're extra idiotic and one that means TLC played up the editing game. If they've done any looking at international adoption whatsoever, especially adoption from Latin America, they would have seen that Guatemala had a ridiculously corrupt system for years that finally basically got shut down. Hell, I knew about it without even having specifically read up on it - I recall it being in the news years ago. I would also think that might come up in researching Guatemala if one were looking at past foreign relations issues there. But it's also possible that TLC took a comment about possibly getting pregnant there and made it look like it was about adoption.

Since I am mystified about the "mission" I went back to their page and it says they want people to come to repentance and put their faith in Jesus Christ. 

So, people must repent of being Catholic, as most people seem to be there and the ladies give up their pants and follow Jeebus. 

I do not understand what the hell they are doing there.

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Since I am mystified about the "mission" I went back to their page and it says they want people to come to repentance and put their faith in Jesus Christ. 

So, people must repent of being Catholic, as most people seem to be there and the ladies give up their pants and follow Jeebus. 

I do not understand what the hell they are doing there.

I don't think anyone does, including Jill and Derrick

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Part 4

Central America

Derrick - so far we've gotten settled into our apartment and started with our language studies.

Derrick walks into the kitchen and jill sucks his face.  Cathy cuts papaya

They show the apartment.  They have a toaster, microwave etc.

Derrick - We dont want to get too spoiled because we're going to a really rural area. 

Derrick heads out

Jill has her classes at the house and hte teachers dont charge extra!

Derrick didnt expect rain... 

JIll - I miss not being able to go to school with derrick but its easier for me to study at home for israel.  He can be a little distracting when I'm trying to concentrate. 

Shots of Israel knocking things over and eating stuff

Jill - Its great because Jessica (teacher) is also a mother. It feels good to be back in the swing of things.  Its days like these that I miss my sisters

Jessa  in Binrmingham

Ben - a lot of people come to these events.  Its really amazing to see the variety of women...

Jessa - with everything my family has walked through in the past months I think there was a little bit of a different feel coming into these speaking engagements, because a lot were QA style and you never know if someone is going to throw out a question just to get a reaction out of you or catch you off guard.

The announcer is DISGUSTINGLY happy.  

Jessa discusses how they arent telling the sex

Ben doesnt know if they'll have 19 kids

Jessa - we wont have 19 biological kids but we may adopt.  They have been in contact with an agency in the area.  Apparently you cant adopt while you're pregnant or have a newborn...

at the show

Jessa - surprised at how fast they got pregnant.  Feels like its a big baby

Newlywed game... OMG I WANT TO SLAP THIS ANNOUNCER

Favorite food - gets it wrong.  She likes milk chocolate

Color of favorite slippers - she doesnt have any... Jessa likes to go barefoot

Jessa says she

Did jessa really say with a straight face she is surprised how quickly she got pregnant?

hello unprotected sex and endless nookie will do that sweetien

unless you have protection 

insane

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived