IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds

happy atheist

And if his family is so liberal by fundie standards, why he couldn't just go to some secular but kinda conservative university and go bang an endless succession of sorority girls who are just as hot as Jessa but don't require a wedding ring and signing over your life rights to a reality show before the hot dickings can commence is beyond me.

Working theory: he's one of those Must Assert Dominance manly men who's constantly insecure about his masculinity, and marrying a girl who will completely submit to his every will and give him a bit of fame on the side is an ideal arrangement for him.

It seems to me he wanted the fame.  He wanted to be the next power couple and she was a good short cut.  I never saw him as all that dominating, but its hard to tell.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the future...

v3ouf.jpg

I'm glad those little spudlings are wearing the approved bows on their heads.

My daughter's MIL is called Dopey.

Yes, everyone, kids, Grands, her husband, calls her Dopey.

My nephew's step-grandmother is named Dorothy, but when he was a baby, he couldn't say that, so he started calling her Dodo. He still does to this day.

Off topic: why did FJ change my subheading to "Bathroom Baby?" That's hilarious but also creepy because I'm a lifelong laughingstock in my family for spending way too much time in the bathroom. So many things have happened this past week that make me literally feel like the Internet is reading my mind! XD 

Based on number of posts.  It will change again.

Is it really a change in thinking for Ben though?  His sisters all wear pants.  Not sure if his mom homeschools.  There were pictures on her facebook of the kids in uniform.  Not sure if they're learning at a school or if it's some homeshooling coop or something. His sister Jessica doesn't live at home and has a regular boyfriend.  It seems like he just conformed to Duggar standards because he was pursuing Jessa.

I think Grandma Seewald aka mimi aka Guinn homeschools - because she complains a lot about homeschooling and how things are so hard for her sometimes 

blah blah 

I think Ben's sister escaped the cult which is good because she expresses her own mind - except for when she blew the whole I am auntie debacle 

I think Ben is hard core when it comes his beliefs and I bet you any money - JB loved it and Jessa to a degree 

who knows if she still does 

I hope Jessa waits awhile before having another, since the moment she announces there will be (OMG, what are they going to come up with next) name speculation for the rest of the pregnancy and beyond. 

I hope Jessa waits awhile before having another, since the moment she announces there will be (OMG, what are they going to come up with next) name speculation for the rest of the pregnancy and beyond. 

I seriously doubt she will have another one right away 

i am surprised Jill is not pregnant 

I think Amy will be pregnant soon 

It seems to me he wanted the fame.  He wanted to be the next power couple and she was a good short cut.  I never saw him as all that dominating, but its hard to tell.

I think Bin Bob had dreams of grandiosity and thinks he's the second coming of Billy Graham or Osteen or....Whoever else is on that list. Though given this family I think they're more likely to wind up on the Jim and Tammy Faye side of history, complete with too much hair and makeup

I think Bin Bob had dreams of grandiosity and thinks he's the second coming of Billy Graham or Osteen or....Whoever else is on that list. Though given this family I think they're more likely to wind up on the Jim and Tammy Faye side of history, complete with too much hair and makeup

he may think he is the next Joel Osteen or Elliot Spurgeon - but if he doesn't tame himself - he will run into problems - he already has people attacking him on his own facebook page and what future preacher wants a pulpit of people screaming at him - he never posts anything original - he only posts hypothesis and then hides behind it - anyone can quote bible verses - but explain to the person why you like - not why you think you are undeserving bull -

I think he had ideas of grandiose plans - they both did - they admitted it on their honeymoon and I wonder if either of them are pissed with the other because it's not happening the way they thought 

what normal person wants to hear the two of them spouting their version of life 

Ben wrote on Facebook that wearing skirts, home schooling and courting are not Christianity and had a link to a Paul Walsh video. I watched a little, but stopped when he said he was faithful to his wife because Jebus.

I would like to think that Ben is starting to think outside the cult, but when you name your kid after someone who hates Catholics, I have my doubts.

Lots of groups besides the Gothardites hate Catholics. 

Don't think this has been discussed yet

Yes it's radar online, but we snark about their silliness here.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jessa-duggar-new-baby-unmarried-childless-sister-jana-duggar-spending-night-help/

Well, I am going to defend Jessa here.  The quote below is not an "uncaring dig" at Jana.  That is a "sister mom" realizing the responsibility and concern that she feels for her own child.  No matter how much you may care about your little siblings, they may not feel as much yours as your own baby.  I bet Jessa never shone a flashlight on her sleeping siblings to make sure they were still breathing.  But new parents do that kind of thing.  No matter how much Jessa cared for her "buddies," she was not their mom, they were ultimately her mother and father's responsibility. Now the little Seefishy is all hers an Ben's.  It can be an awesome and awful feeling, to have a tiny baby whose future is in your hands.

And in an uncaring dig at her unmarried and childless sister, who is giving up her own life to be at the beck and call of her sister, Jessa said: “You never realize the responsibility of being a parent until you have a baby yourself.”

Ben wrote on Facebook that wearing skirts, home schooling and courting are not Christianity and had a link to a Paul Walsh video. I watched a little, but stopped when he said he was faithful to his wife because Jebus.

I would like to think that Ben is starting to think outside the cult, but when you name your kid after someone who hates Catholics, I have my doubts.

It gives me hope that Jessa will eventually speak out against her parents. Ben's brand of Christianity isn't ideal either, though. I would love for them to become progressive, Bernie Sanders loving Christians, but that's not likely.

It gives me hope that Jessa will eventually speak out against her parents. Ben's brand of Christianity isn't ideal either, though. I would love for them to become progressive, Bernie Sanders loving Christians, but that's not likely.

Bernie Sanders is Jewish, though he has nothing against Christians, I'm sure.

The Brown wives dress like every other woman in Utah, imo. The layer over layer (lace at the bottom, long shirt) over the other shirt. Most are wearing long shirts made by companies in Utah (seriously), and then a regular shirt. The layering shirts are made with a higher neckline and longer length to come to top of pocket or below on regular jeans. They usually are camis or cap sleeved.

When will the jeans with the white stitching die??

Here's ONE of the companies and their layering shirts. I know because my teen daughter has an assortment because she's in the "in-between" stage: she can't fill out a regular shirt, so it drops down at the collar nearly to her bra, but she can't wear little girl or even some small ladies shirts because they aren't long enough for her torso (long, long torso). So... http://www.downeastbasics.com/collections/tees-camis

I know you posted this a while ago, but I needed to respond.

Do I lose my FJ privileges if I admit that I shop on that website? I have at least two of their cardigans and about five of their tank tops. Their tank tops are great for layering and not showing a ton of boob - and that make Husband happy because my boobs look fantastic in them. :pb_lol:

Bernie Sanders is Jewish, though he has nothing against Christians, I'm sure.

I know! I didn't mean to insinuate he wasn't Jewish, oops. Basically I want them to become liberal Christians. That's the point I was trying to get at. [emoji15]

That's why I've always found the, "If I ask for an epidural, talk me out of it!" talk so bizarre. They don't know how they'll feel until they experience it so why the hell say something like that?

Here's the thing about "talk me out of it" - it's based on a good idea (having a birth partner or partners help you stick to your goals when you are in an extremely emotional, pained state) but worded incorrectly.

FTR - I don't think there's anything inherently "better" about having an unmedicated birth, or a "natural birth", or even a vaginal birth, except that less medication may lead to less interventions, like episiotomy/tearing or a C-section, IF all goes well (big if), and minimizing those interventions MAY lead to a quicker postpartum recovery, again if all goes well.

However, I knew I wanted an unmedicated birth, if possible, because my mother was able to deliver me naturally, I had an otherwise very smooth pregnancy, and the baby was relatively small. I also knew that might change as the reality of labor set in, and was perfectly fine with the plan changing if necessary. Therefore, my husband and doula agreed to help me meet that goal if possible. The doula specifically said "I will not 'talk you out of' anything, or say 'no' when you ask for meds - what I will do is work with you to remember other strategies we've discussed and agreed upon (changing positions, breathing/meditation techniques, asking for a progress check, etc.)." FOR ME, this worked well - there is ALWAYS a time during transition when the woman in labor asks for pain meds, or expresses fear that she can't do it. Having a supportive birth partner to work through that with you using previously discussed coping mechanisms is not the same as being "talked out of it". I'm not sure which route the Duggar women take so I won't judge, but there really is a difference. (I will, however, judge people who plan a home birth with limited prenatal care and unqualified care personnel, but that's for another rant.)

he may think he is the next Joel Osteen or Elliot Spurgeon - but if he doesn't tame himself - he will run into problems - he already has people attacking him on his own facebook page and what future preacher wants a pulpit of people screaming at him - he never posts anything original - he only posts hypothesis and then hides behind it - anyone can quote bible verses - but explain to the person why you like - not why you think you are undeserving bull -

I think he had ideas of grandiose plans - they both did - they admitted it on their honeymoon and I wonder if either of them are pissed with the other because it's not happening the way they thought 

what normal person wants to hear the two of them spouting their version of life 

Many-- maybe most-- 19 year olds have grandiose plans:  I'm going to be a movie star, a rock star, a famous painter, writer, poet, sail around the world, make a million dollars... That's why most of us don't want our children marrying at 19.  You need to see how life is going to work out for you as an adult,  how well you live independently from your folks before tackling the responsibilities of marriage and parenthood.  Unfortunately because of their screwed up religious values they had to get married before living like grown-ups.  Now they are both trying to figure out how to make a living and what the future holds for them.  Unfortunately TLC isn't really helping the situation because they are still dangling that reality show paycheck in front of Bin and Jesse's eyes, so any serious thought as to how to make a living and support a huge brood is going on the back burner.  As long as TLC keeps filming specials, Bin and Jessa won't worry their pretty little heads about a reliable source of income.

I seriously doubt she will have another one right away 

i am surprised Jill is not pregnant 

I think Amy will be pregnant soon 

Amy doesn't want kids any time soon, I think she would be one to use BC 

lol And they do! I called my youngest brother Spud when he was a little kid (I am 8 years older). I walked by his bedroom and said "Hey Spud" with my best friend once and she asked if we'd gotten a dog. :) 

Though I will not judge nicknames, I have called my kids the MOST ridiculous names ever since their birth. I have one named Beckett and I have called him Beckaroo, which transitioned to Beckett Roo, Beckett Rooster, Roo, Roodles, I mean, it's stupid and insane but he is 4 and I still call him Roo once in a while. 

Yes! I knew what I wanted to name my daughter for years before I had her, and she has a quite lovely and largely unusual name (though I will never forgive The Gilmore Girls for both using it and misspelling it), but now she's almost 19 and I still call her either Munch (short for munchkin) or Miss Thing. <sigh> Bad habits...

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived