IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds

happy atheist

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminder: Animated gifs need to be hidden behind a spoiler tag. Yes, even eye-roll gifs. Yes, even if someone else posted it and all you're doing is quoting. Hide the damn gifs people. It's not hard, and it's one of our few rules. 

To hide a gif (or anything else) - select the thing to be hidden and click on the eyeball icon beside the smiley icon. Voila!

Only click once!

Blessa, Bin and Spurgeon. Wow.  (And FJ is only responsible for the Bin!)  

I thought they fancied themselves to be intellectuals.  Isn't Spurgeon a big fish loved for their delicious little eggs? What did they name him that for? 

I thought they fancied themselves to be intellectuals.  Isn't Spurgeon a big fish loved for their delicious little eggs? What did they name him that for? 

Charles Spurgeon

They're about as intellectual as dull butter knives used as row markers in a dirt garden.

I still just can't, with the name Spurgeon. It sounds like an old-timey, Supreme Court Justice, from back in the day.

Well they could have named him Learned.  As in "Learned Hand".   That would have been better than Spurgeon.  Now I'm gonna spurge......

I still just can't, with the name Spurgeon. It sounds like an old-timey, Supreme Court Justice, from back in the day.

There actually was a Supreme Court Justice named Salmon. Salmon P. Chase. I have a horrible image of him conceiving his children by flopping around in a river and fertilizing eggs. 

Responding to a post from last thread from ksgranola1 (haven't quite figured out how to properly quote from scratch):

":pb_lol: Do you happen to remember which baby she was in labor with? Because I seriously need to watch this."

I'm pretty sure it was #15, in "14 kids & pregnant again."

This made me realize that I've got all the kids' names memorized in birth order and I don't even know when or how that happened. Didn't even need to look it up to know that you're talking about Jackson... I'm so ashamed of myself.

Reminder: Animated gifs need to be hidden behind a spoiler tag. Yes, even eye-roll gifs. Yes, even if someone else posted it and all you're doing is quoting. Hide the damn gifs people. It's not hard, and it's one of our few rules. 

To hide a gif (or anything else) - select the thing to be hidden and click on the eyeball icon beside the smiley icon. Voila!

Only click once!

HA is NOT kidding about the "only click once!" thing!  You will continue to hide that spoiler until kingdom come otherwise.  I learned my lesson the hard way.

There actually was a Supreme Court Justice named Salmon. Salmon P. Chase. I have a horrible image of him conceiving his children by flopping around in a river and fertilizing eggs. 

How could you do this to me?  Now I have the same image in my mind, and tea spit out all over my keyboard!  Also, I can't stop laughing.  I blame you, nastyhobbitses!  ;)

My youngest child saw fit to share his wonky virus with me.  There has been a lot of spurgin happening here for the last week or so.

This thread's name honestly sounds like a joke. I can't. 

How can poor little Fishy (Spurgeon) be called smug?  How can a newborn be smug? Does he look down ( with his unfocused baby eyes) upon all other lesser babies with ordinary names like John and Luke?

The sins of the fathers are being visited on this child way too soon.

How can poor little Fishy (Spurgeon) be called smug?  How can a newborn be smug? Does he look down ( with his unfocused baby eyes) upon all other lesser babies with ordinary names like John and Luke?

The sins of the fathers are being visited on this child way too soon.

No... but give him a couple years and he will, with those two for parents :pb_cry:

Responding to a post from last thread from ksgranola1 (haven't quite figured out how to properly quote from scratch):

This made me realize that I've got all the kids' names memorized in birth order and I don't even know when or how that happened. Didn't even need to look it up to know that you're talking about Jackson... I'm so ashamed of myself.

You don't have to hide animated emoticons.  Just gifs you attach to the post.

The fish is sturgeon, not spurgeon (not that that makes it any better).

Agreed on both counts. But it takes a tin ear and no imagination to give a kid with the last name Seewald a name that makes you think of a big fish.

That being said, it really was a brilliant name from the point of view of getting attention.  

Shouldn't it be Ben, Jessa and Spurgeon, if you're going by headship?  If it's by age, then it's OK. Maturity level, better put little Spurge first. He's at least acting his age.

On Bin's twitter he quoted the following from Benjamin Watson (New Orleans Saint TE) "As a nation we have collectively prayed for Paris this week, yet as a nation we suspend a football coach for praying after a game...we must choose."

Bin is such a doofus. I hate when people use a tragedy to promote an agenda that is completely unrelated.

You don't have to hide animated emoticons.  Just gifs you attach to the post.

Oh! The reason I assumed that was because of the reference to the eye-rolling emoticon needing to be hidden. I apologize for the confusion on my part. 

I'll go and read over the rules again.

Oh! The reason I assumed that was because of the reference to the eye-rolling emoticon needing to be hidden. I apologize for the confusion on my part. 

I'll go and read over the rules again.

Not eyeroll emoticons, eyeroll gifs.

On Bin's twitter he quoted the following from Benjamin Watson (New Orleans Saint TE) "As a nation we have collectively prayed for Paris this week, yet as a nation we suspend a football coach for praying after a game...we must choose."

Bin is such a doofus. I hate when people use a tragedy to promote an agenda that is completely unrelated.

choose what? choose between fight against the separation of church and state or fighting against xenophobia? i don't get it.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived