IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

Top Ramen. It's heavily processed, super salty, but kinda tasty. I only eat it when I'm sick, since the salt feels so good on a sore throat. It's super cheap, and generally considered "college" food- the kind of thing you eat when you're too broke to buy anything else. You can often get ten packages for a dollar. Michelle Duggar once referred to it as a good breakfast, since it has protein in it.

Bold is mine. WHAT? Michelle Duggar didn't even go to SOTDRT! Where, exactly is protein found in Ramen noodles?! HAHAHAAAAA!

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can totally do "fancy" top ramen -- my preference. Add frozen veg, drop an egg in the pot, use less powder and more broth or hot sauce. I enjoy it a lot that way and it's still budget friendly and college friendly. I also use like tofu crumbles etc. The noodles stretch it all farther and it's very satisfying.

Bold is mine. WHAT? Michelle Duggar didn't even go to SOTDRT! Where, exactly is protein found in Ramen noodles?! HAHAHAAAAA!

Maybe if you add an egg?

And Joy Duggar eats it raw...

Believe it or not, in a lot of Southeast Asian countries ramen is sold as a snack that's meant to be consumed in raw form. You just bust up the dry noodles, sprinkle the seasoning powder and you're good to go! Definitely not a healthy everyday meal though...

5QkTWPO.jpg

Believe it or not, in a lot of Southeast Asian countries ramen is sold as a snack that's meant to be consumed in raw form. You just bust up the dry noodles, sprinkle the seasoning powder and you're good to go! Definitely not a healthy everyday meal though...

5QkTWPO.jpg

Raw ramen is yummy, I used to eat as a snack as a kid.

In Erika's newest post, she recommends three books - all by the Maxwells. I wonder if she still recommends them, knowing that their daughters are aging in their home, with no future or hope for families of their own. I wonder if she wants the same for Karen and Melanie.

She was asked just that very thing by a commenter:

Commenter: I was really wondering how you and Bob would feel if the same were to happen with Karen and Melanie. Would you allow them to work outside the family? I ask this as it is an issue I am confronting in my own family soon, and would be very graetful for any insight you have...(snipped)

Erika: Of course we would allow them to do that when they are done with school and it's the appropriate time. They need to develop their own lives and skills and path with the Lord, and learn to "fly". smile emoticon

So there's that. She's definitely on board with the girls working once they complete their homeschool graduation. I wonder how much of their wages she'd try and take, or whether she'd let them off completely, or take the middle ground and pay board. I think she'd get some cash from them for sure. To ease her and Bob's financial burden so they then can go out to Olive Garden TWICE a week!!

So there's that. She's definitely on board with the girls working once they complete their homeschool graduation. I wonder how much of their wages she'd try and take, or whether she'd let them off completely, or take the middle ground and pay board. I think she'd get some cash from them for sure. To ease her and Bob's financial burden so they then can go out to Olive Garden TWICE a week!!

I wonder who will decide when it is the 'appropriate time'.

I wonder who will decide when it is the 'appropriate time'.

Mmmm true. I do happen to know the commenter quite well, so I am sure she could ask, but she doesn't want to push it too far with Erika just yet, because it's rather fun to have her treat me my friend's questions seriously :shifty-kitty:

I noticed on her Facebook page that the comment in response to her leghumper from last night has been deleted. Was it deleted by her, or by our lovely FJer who wrote the comment?

Edited for clarification

forcing a kid to clean their plate teaches them to ignore their body telling them when they are full. Erika is setting her kids up for so many obstacles when it comes to food later in life. :disgust:

Exactly. I would rather my daughter (3 years old) learn to listen to her body's cues and waste a little food. We also do the "try one bite" to expose her to new flavors.

Yeah, I think she'll make them pay quite a bit for room and board. I also think she'll make them help around the house just as much as they do now, and probably won't even pay them that precious weekly jellybean they currently earn.

Honestly, I think if she does let them work outside the home, she'll set them up to fail. Make them help out around the house just as much, take a big chunk of their paychecks, show them that having a career is just a pointless, unfulfilling waste of time and energy. That way they'll be happy to marry whatever guy Erika picks for them and start popping out babies.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saturday evening I was looking for a new fundie to check out and this thread caught my eye. I stayed up way too late Saturday reading the blog and spent a good chunk of Sunday reading this thread. I'm finally caught up and my mind is blown. BLOWN. Must wear skirts because the Bible says but ignores the hair thing. Feeds the kids the same thing day after day after day and wonders why they don't want to eat it.

My step son was dating a girl who grew up in a home similar to Erica's, from what I can put together. We took them out to dinner, we had to go with them they couldn't go alone, and she couldn't even order off a menu. I kinda understood at the Japanese place, big family not a lot of money probably had never even been exposed to that but she couldn't order pizza either. That poor girl graduated high school without the skills to order a pizza. This is the life that Erica's kids are going to have. They won't know what they like because they've never been given an option in their lives.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saturday evening I was looking for a new fundie to check out and this thread caught my eye. I stayed up way too late Saturday reading the blog and spent a good chunk of Sunday reading this thread. I'm finally caught up and my mind is blown. BLOWN. Must wear skirts because the Bible says but ignores the hair thing. Feeds the kids the same thing day after day after day and wonders why they don't want to eat it.

My step son was dating a girl who grew up in a home similar to Erica's, from what I can put together. We took them out to dinner, we had to go with them they couldn't go alone, and she couldn't even order off a menu. I kinda understood at the Japanese place, big family not a lot of money probably had never even been exposed to that but she couldn't order pizza either. That poor girl graduated high school without the skills to order a pizza. This is the life that Erica's kids are going to have. They won't know what they like because they've never been given an option in their lives.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

I had a totally normal childhood and I can't order at restaurants either. But that's cause I am soooooooo indecisive and the larger the menu the worst it gets. I don't frequent these places a lot but restaurants that have like 6 options are wonderful for me. And yet, it will still take me forever to choose between those six lmao. I am not a fun restaurant buddy lol.

Not only that. They won't know how to do anything, because they've never been given the chance.

Erika wrote somewhere that lunch at her house takes about 90 minutes from prep to cleanup. That's because everything must be done the Erika way.

If the Shupe kids came to my house, lunch would take 20 minutes, start to finish. First of all, the big kids (8-year old Riley and older) would make their own lunch. Whatever they want that's reasonably healthy. Because they chose it and made it themselves, I wouldn't have any problems getting them to eat lunch.

The little kids would get peanut butter and jelly and an apple, with water or milk.

Everyone would pick up their plate and put it in the dishwasher. Done.

I can't see Erika ever letting her older kids make their own lunch. That means Riley, Anna Marie, Brandon probably know nothing about cooking. Have they ever used knives? Stirred a pot of soup? Cut up veggies? Made a fried egg? These are all things my own kids could do at their age, and we're not even that into cooking.

The early Duggar episodes show the older girls cooking lunch, and Michelle saying that they loved to cook because they got to pick the meals. While I think a lot of this was BS, I do think Jill and Jana had way more freedom to learn and do than the poor, controlled Shupe kids.

Erika goes out shopping alone, or with an older girl. When the younger ones do go out, Erika seems bound and determined to control them as much as possible. Have you seen that photo of them at Costco? She had about five of the younger kids contained in shopping carts (either in the seat or the carriage part). And some of them looked to be about 5 or 6.

So I doubt the younger ones have learned to mail a package, or make a purchase at the grocery store, or check their own books out at the library. I doubt they've gone to the store and picked out a shirt in their favorite color, or used their own money to buy a comic book. There is so much those kids haven't learned .

My 15-year old is learning to drive, and it makes me think of Erika. She has not let her older girls learn to drive, perhaps for financial reasons. However, I suspect it will be hard for her to do. It is very hard for me to sit in the passenger seat and have no control at all. I can't imagine how hard that will be for Erika. And when her four youngest learn to drive? They are all very close in age, so they'll be learning at the same time. What an impossible situation for a control freak, having four novice drivers who need her to sit in the car with them while they learn.

Not only that. They won't know how to do anything, because they've never been given the chance.

Erika wrote somewhere that lunch at her house takes about 90 minutes from prep to cleanup. That's because everything must be done the Erika way.

If the Shupe kids came to my house, lunch would take 20 minutes, start to finish. First of all, the big kids (8-year old Riley and older) would make their own lunch. Whatever they want that's reasonably healthy. Because they chose it and made it themselves, I wouldn't have any problems getting them to eat lunch.

The little kids would get peanut butter and jelly and an apple, with water or milk.

Everyone would pick up their plate and put it in the dishwasher. Done.

I can't see Erika ever letting her older kids make their own lunch. That means Riley, Anna Marie, Brandon probably know nothing about cooking. Have they ever used knives? Stirred a pot of soup? Cut up veggies? Made a fried egg? These are all things my own kids could do at their age, and we're not even that into cooking.

The early Duggar episodes show the older girls cooking lunch, and Michelle saying that they loved to cook because they got to pick the meals. While I think a lot of this was BS, I do think Jill and Jana had way more freedom to learn and do than the poor, controlled Shupe kids.

Erika goes out shopping alone, or with an older girl. When the younger ones do go out, Erika seems bound and determined to control them as much as possible. Have you seen that photo of them at Costco? She had about five of the younger kids contained in shopping carts (either in the seat or the carriage part). And some of them looked to be about 5 or 6.

So I doubt the younger ones have learned to mail a package, or make a purchase at the grocery store, or check their own books out at the library. I doubt they've gone to the store and picked out a shirt in their favorite color, or used their own money to buy a comic book. There is so much those kids haven't learned .

My 15-year old is learning to drive, and it makes me think of Erika. She has not let her older girls learn to drive, perhaps for financial reasons. However, I suspect it will be hard for her to do. It is very hard for me to sit in the passenger seat and have no control at all. I can't imagine how hard that will be for Erika. And when her four youngest learn to drive? They are all very close in age, so they'll be learning at the same time. What an impossible situation for a control freak, having four novice drivers who need her to sit in the car with them while they learn.

I can see Bob being the designated driving teacher, while Erika sticks her fingers in her ears, says "la la la la la," and pretends it isn't happening.

Oh my goodness, Erika is throwing some shade. Look at this recent Facebook comment to a commenter on the Staying at home post by Erika: "Can you please direct me to the Facebook page or blog that writes posts specific to every readers situation, calamity, joy or blessings? I would like to read that one too, please do share with us." :lol: Yikes!

And the same commenter made SUCH a good point! She said: "Erika, I'm not really sure what you're talking about but you seem to be quite aggitated by my comments so I will not continue to comment. I have read just about everything on your blog and by your own admission it was very hard for you to relinquish control of your fertility and submit to God in that area of your life. You backed out several times out of fear or other reasons. Perhaps this is also a reason that keeps many women out of the home? Fear of failing being a home maker, fear of not making enough money, fear of losing their homes (as we did because we stuck to our convictions). I just think that instead of being hostile and saying things like "Uhh no...." When people comment on your posts you should humbly pray for these women and over your words. I think you are a very wise lady and I've learned a lot from you and admire your faith, convictions, and family. I think your readers deserve the same respect and at least some of the grace you extended to yourself over your Past failings for not trusting God and obeying"

:cracking-up:

Oh my goodness, Erika is throwing some shade. Look at this recent Facebook comment to a commenter on the Staying at home post by Erika: "Can you please direct me to the Facebook page or blog that writes posts specific to every readers situation, calamity, joy or blessings? I would like to read that one too, please do share with us." :lol: Yikes!

And the same commenter made SUCH a good point! She said: "Erika, I'm not really sure what you're talking about but you seem to be quite aggitated by my comments so I will not continue to comment. I have read just about everything on your blog and by your own admission it was very hard for you to relinquish control of your fertility and submit to God in that area of your life. You backed out several times out of fear or other reasons. Perhaps this is also a reason that keeps many women out of the home? Fear of failing being a home maker, fear of not making enough money, fear of losing their homes (as we did because we stuck to our convictions). I just think that instead of being hostile and saying things like "Uhh no...." When people comment on your posts you should humbly pray for these women and over your words. I think you are a very wise lady and I've learned a lot from you and admire your faith, convictions, and family. I think your readers deserve the same respect and at least some of the grace you extended to yourself over your Past failings for not trusting God and obeying"

:cracking-up:

But it's not erika's words, it's god's words!!!111!!! There's nothing for her to change cause you can't change THE WORD OF GOD

Erika:

Can you please direct me to the Facebook page or blog that writes posts specific to every readers situation, calamity, joy or blessings? I would like to read that one too, please do share with us.

Wow. This is another example of Erika's inexcusable condescension and rudeness to her readers.

For women like Erika and Lori it's all about being right and letting everyone know that you speak for God. There is nothing kind, loving, or humble about their behavior towards other women. :snooty:

:

What the heck does that even mean? I read the previous comments and I could figure it out even with context. Is she saying each person's individual circumstances are irrelevant because there is no place on FB to read about them?

Is Erika a follower of Jesus? Because I really can't tell by her recent comments. :?

What the heck does that even mean? I read the previous comments and I could figure it out even with context. Is she saying each person's individual circumstances are irrelevant because there is no place on FB to read about them?

I had to re-read it too. Erika is saying that no blog on the internet caters to every single individual reader so stop criticizing Erika for not being able to do so either. She really can only address the readers that are like her.

Almost as good as "stirophome".

NOTHING is as good as stirophome :doh:

Ramen actually has a reasonable amount of protein considering the serving size, but it's nothing compared to foods like chicken nuggets and PB&J which kids usually love. Plus ramen also has insane amounts of sodium if you use the flavoring as directed, and virtually no nutritional value. Claiming that it's good for kids because of the protein content really highlights Michelle's parenting "abilities".

Raw ramen is yummy, I used to eat as a snack as a kid.

My mom has a recipe for an Asian salad that uses raw ramen as a topping. It's pretty tasty.

It's ironic to me that Bob has a meme posted on his facebook that says "I survived free range parenting" and his caption is that he wouldn't change the freedom he was given as a kid. How ironic given his and Erika's obsessive control over their own kids. They aren't allowed to brush their own teeth! :cray-cray:

I also find it ironic (without getting political) that Bob's posts are basically all about how controlled we are by the government and how we are supposed to have freedom and blah blah, yet he lives in one of the tightest-controlled households with one of the most controlling women. It's odd given his obsession with freedom. :lol:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived