IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

Just to keep everyone who isn't following on fb updated, these two comments were posted by two different people after her reply.

"Whilst you and I understand that these jokes are merely jokes, less godly people might take this as permission to engage in Halloween. I am worried that, while trying to be good, Christian examples, you might be mistakenly leading people astray. As you said earlier, appearances matter. By laughing at Halloween silliness, or pointing out it's ridiculousness, I think we should be careful of giving the wrong impression to others not as secure in their faith, that's all."

"But if you choose to avoid Halloween because of its celebration of death and pagan origins, why does your husband post things on facebook that make a joke out of violence and death? I encourage you to take a closer look at the Lord's word about speaking evil:

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. -Proverbs 18:21

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.-Ephesians 4:29"

I'm assuming those are both FJers, but even if they're not I still wanna say I love you guys. :hug4:

New comment on the fb:

"Penelope Wise is wise, I know families that follow both blogs and I could see how they feel conflicted at seeing Halloween images on Bob's blog. As for myself and my loved ones we do NOT follow Bob's blog, it is full of violent and disturbing images. We do pray for him though."

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people like her always think the world wants to know the minutia of her household? Does she really think people are waiting with baited breath to find out just exactly how she organizes her pantry? Is that really the most fascinating thing in her life?

Yes. That's exactly it. She has nothing in her life and she compensated by being hyper organized. She needs a hobby and to relax. Let the kids get dirty. Let it be a little chaotic.

Maybe it was an Fjer who remembers too much from Sunday school, and was inspired by her binge-watching of Snake Salvation on netflix to post the bible verses... :whistle: :dance:

Snake Salvation?!? I had no idea this was a thing! Nor that the star of the show had died from a snake bite! What a world.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap: I'm not glad that the man is dead, but I am so happy to know that that show is out there on Netflix. I found a fascinating documentary on Hasidic women yesterday (via a Secret Lives of Women episode on Youtube). These are exactly the kinds of shows that make it okay for me to spend my weekend grading. It'll all gonna be okay. :pray:

I bet she couldn't wait to find an excuse to unsticky the Halloween post. :lol: The less people who see it the better for her.

I'm going to check out this Snake Salvation business today! Sounds perfect for a day of laundry and coloring while my future headship plays evil video games!

Snake Salvation?!? I had no idea this was a thing! Nor that the star of the show had died from a snake bite! What a world.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap: I'm not glad that the man is dead, but I am so happy to know that that show is out there on Netflix. I found a fascinating documentary on Hasidic women yesterday (via a Secret Lives of Women episode on Youtube). These are exactly the kinds of shows that make it okay for me to spend my weekend grading. It'll all gonna be okay. :pray:

I'm going to check out this Snake Salvation business today! Sounds perfect for a day of laundry and coloring while my future headship plays evil video games!

I think y'all are going to LOVE Snake Salvation. Its a reality show about people who are conservative Pentecostals that handle snakes. The show is a great mix of hilarity, craziness, and stupidity. Definitely good for binging. I also recommend googling some of the characters so you can catch up on all of their drama that happened after the show ended.... :twisted:

To make this relevant to the thread, I'd much rather go to a snake handling church than deal with Erika's bullshit for 1 day. At least they're allowed to dance and let loose.

I'm 5 minutes in and riveted by the sheer ridiculous. Are they serious?! Hahaha! Do we need a thread for this?

I'm 5 minutes in and riveted by the sheer ridiculous. Are they serious?! Hahaha! Do we need a thread for this?

This is amazing. One pastor is 21 with a 21 year old wife and five kids, and the other pastor passed away from a snake bite recently. Is that just explained as God's will? Fascinating stuff...

ETA: And the 21 year old pastor smokes in the car while he drives his wife and children! Wow.

Is there a thread yet? I need to talk about this...less than 5 minutes in! The finger, the finger!!

I feel like defraudingjezebel should be the one to start it... I need to discuss as well!!

Eta- I'll do it if she doesn't in a few

I feel like defraudingjezebel should be the one to start it... I need to discuss as well!!

Eta- I'll do it if she doesn't in a few

We're behind on this show. Andrew leaves the wife and six kids! There's so much more: viewtopic.php?f=203&t=23744&hilit=snake+salvation

ETA: not sure if it's better to necro a thread or create a new one, but this show is f'ing amazing...

Oops, started one in World Wide Web. Feel free to delete.

I started one here... What should we do? Hahaha

as a night owl who loves camping under the stars and sitting on my patio at night, etc, I find it heartbreak how terrified of the dark Erika is. She says its not safe for kids to be out at night even with adults because all bad things are born in the night. Who wants to live in a world that has so much fear? Black and white thinking usually makes me ragey but right now I’m just sad. :cry:

as a night owl who loves camping under the stars and sitting on my patio at night, etc, I find it heartbreak how terrified of the dark Erika is. She says its not safe for kids to be out at night even with adults because all bad things are born in the night. Who wants to live in a world that has so much fear? Black and white thinking usually makes me ragey but right now I’m just sad. :cry:

She is seriously in need of therapy.

Have you seen the post on Erika fb this morning? About women staying home. And someone calls her out... Once again she tells them that she didn't make them feel that way, they did it to themselves, she's just God's messenger! Ugh.

Have you seen the post on Erika fb this morning? About women staying home. And someone calls her out... Once again she tells them that she didn't make them feel that way, they did it to themselves, she's just God's messenger! Ugh.

So on my computer screen, Erika's little double-hearts (the extra sweetness she would normally illustrate with asterisks on her blog) are black. Little black heart icons. There is no better visualization of Erika and her love, imo.

So on my computer screen, Erika's little double-hearts (the extra sweetness she would normally illustrate with asterisks on her blog) are black. Little black heart icons. There is no better visualization of Erika and her love, imo.

Yes, that is perfect. Her cold, dark heart!

"Then I decided to try a Yankee reed diffuser, which I planned to keep in our bedroom where real little kids do not go, and where I was confident that older kids would not drink it. "

Uh???? Why is this a concern of hers?

"Then I decided to try a Yankee reed diffuser, which I planned to keep in our bedroom where real little kids do not go, and where I was confident that older kids would not drink it. "

Uh???? Why is this a concern of hers?

Kids get desperate when they're on a "diet" and given a single jellybean at a time.

In Erika's newest post, she recommends three books - all by the Maxwells. I wonder if she still recommends them, knowing that their daughters are aging in their home, with no future or hope for families of their own. I wonder if she wants the same for Karen and Melanie.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived