IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

People are dying for their faith and the speshul snowflakes are up in arms about people giving them the side eye.

Sit down with that foolishness.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have 11 kids now and people stopped offering to babysit when we were up to 6 kids tongue emoticon We just moved to TX from MI. Up in MI, we had more support and friends that would've gladly watched the kids no matter the number. We just didn't have that support quite yet down here in TX.

I cannot fathom why people wouldn't want to babysit your whole dang kindergarten class sized family. :shifty-kitty:

I cannot fathom why people wouldn't want to babysit your whole dang kindergarten class sized family. :shifty-kitty:

Such BS. Pick a side people! Either having a large family is totally doable and god won't give you more than you can handle, or you can't fucking hack it. You can't have it both ways!

My parents might be heathen condom users but at least they never needed a fucking baby sitter. They either took us places or they stayed home with us. Oh, but wait, I thought fundies spent more time with their kids than anyone from "normal" families? How odd. :think:

Such BS. Pick a side people! Either having a large family is totally doable and god won't give you more than you can handle, or you can't fucking hack it. You can't have it both ways!

My parents might be heathen condom users but at least they never needed a fucking baby sitter. They either took us places or they stayed home with us. Oh, but wait, I thought fundies spent more time with their kids than anyone from "normal" families? How odd. :think:

But see, CPS is controlled by the horrible, atheist, fascist government so they don't understand that children looking after other children is totally fine!! The parents have everything under control!!

Also, I don't know how to identities on FJ match up with the random commenters on the LFoP FB page but good on Sarabeth Rowe!

But see, CPS is controlled by the horrible, atheist, fascist government so they don't understand that children looking after other children is totally fine!! The parents have everything under control!!

Also, I don't know how to identities on FJ match up with the random commenters on the LFoP FB page but good on Sarabeth Rowe!

I'll be sure to pass along your praise to Sarabeth. ;)

So last night Sarabeth posted about how she's going to pray for Erika and Bob since they happen to be unequally yoked on the subject of Halloween. Apparently that was enough to push Erika over the edge! Way to go, Sarabeth! You used scripture and Erika had nothing to say and had to delete the entire thread! :clap: :dance:

Can anyone else find it? I do have it saved if anyone wants to see it though :wink-kitty:

From the article:

One of their daughters is named Cinderella!? I am speechless. :pink-shock:

I believe there is an Aurora, Belle and Pocahontas as well. And one named Sunday, which makes me think she got off easy.

So last night Sarabeth posted about how she's going to pray for Erika and Bob since they happen to be unequally yoked on the subject of Halloween. Apparently that was enough to push Erika over the edge! Way to go, Sarabeth! You used scripture and Erika had nothing to say and had to delete the entire thread! :clap: :dance:

Can anyone else find it? I do have it saved if anyone wants to see it though :wink-kitty:

Haha oh goodness she knew she couldn't win the battle so she dropped the atomic bomb and destroyed it all so no one could see her failure. WOW. We won, guys, we won! :clap:

So now we know that Erika's achilles heel is being cornered by scripture.

Also, I noticed someone posted on the wall (you can see it under 'visitors' posts' on the left) wanting personal advice from Erika. I wonder if Erika's going to respond at all, or just ignore it... :whistle:

On the subject of CPS, I wonder what Erika thinks about the Hana Williams case (Ethiopian adopted child abused, neglected, malnourished & left outside as punishment who died of hypothermia). That occurred in the same county the Shupes live in.

On the subject of CPS, I wonder what Erika thinks about the Hana Williams case (Ethiopian adopted child abused, neglected, malnourished & left outside as punishment who died of hypothermia). That occurred in the same county the Shupes live in.

I'm not sure if she's commented on that or not, but I'd like to know too. I would imagine she would brush it off as the "parents" not being right with God or something. Because heaven forbid we admit some people can have the "right" affiliations and still be evil.

I believe there is an Aurora, Belle and Pocahontas as well. And one named Sunday, which makes me think she got off easy.

Sweet Jeebus...this alone makes me seriously question the maturity level of the adults in this family. :?

I'm not sure if she's commented on that or not, but I'd like to know too. I would imagine she would brush it off as the "parents" not being right with God or something. Because heaven forbid we admit some people can have the "right" affiliations and still be evil.

I wonder if she knows the parents or knew of them before this happened? There can't be *that* many fundie homeschoolers up there.

Now Erika is just spouting bull shit. Apparently it's a "statistical certainty" that the world is afraid of "Large Families." :shifty-kitty:

Edited because she's not being specific and I'm on pain medication... She's probably talking about the fact that they will become the majority someday. Still bull shit. Their lifestyle isn't something that can be maintained generation after generation, in my opinion. They aren't educated well enough and there's not enough work ethic. I just don't see it happening!

Yeah, Erika, I really look forward to the real life version of this scene playing out in the not too distant future. Statistical certainty... :roll:

[bBvideo 560,340:1vygngzl]

[/bBvideo]

Now Erika is just spouting bull shit. Apparently it's a "statistical certainty" that the world is afraid of "Large Families." :shifty-kitty:

Edited because she's not being specific and I'm on pain medication... She's probably talking about the fact that they will become the majority someday. Still bull shit. Their lifestyle isn't something that can be maintained generation after generation, in my opinion. They aren't educated well enough and there's not enough work ethic. I just don't see it happening!

Sorry Erika, your country is (statistically-speaking) crawling with commie pinkos (aka progressives) and and they're having kids at a much higher rate that you hand full of quiverfulls. I'm afraid you're going to lose.

Making accusations about children raising children in the context of the parent neglecting their responsibility is very dangerous, misleading and is the type of rhetoric that precipitates the hell this family went through. You're making a gigantic leap based on a short article about another family you presumably do not know.

Hmmm Guess Erika didn't like Sarabeth bringing up a child being called a co-parent and potty training a younger sibling.

So I'm a few hours late to the party, but I just wanted to acknowledge all of the fellow Kansans. :cracking-up:

I'm trying to decide how a meeting between Erika and Shirley Phelps-Roper would go...

So I'm a few hours late to the party, but I just wanted to acknowledge all of the fellow Kansans. :cracking-up:

I'm trying to decide how a meeting between Erika and Shirley Phelps-Roper would go...

It wouldn't go. Erika would totally be afraid and would make an excuse to avoid Shirley, who for all her faults, is a well educated lawyer, and would run circles around Erika. And Erika is smart enough to know it.

Typical Erika. "Can you cite the study or source of your information?" *crickets*

As annoying as I find Erika, I do want to see if my Costco has remote control LED candles.

Yes, I'm embarrassed by that admission.

Hmmm Guess Erika didn't like Sarabeth bringing up a child being called a co-parent and potty training a younger sibling.

I really hope Sarabeth also brings up Karen's job of getting up in the night to give one of the twins their bottle while Bob slept peacefully. :dance:

I really hope Sarabeth also brings up Karen's job of getting up in the night to give one of the twins their bottle while Bob slept peacefully. :dance:

The leghumpers are getting worked up!! I'm really disappointed that there's no Bible verse about siblings raising siblings for their lazy ass parents :shrug:

ETA- plain old logic doesn't work well with fundies.

Also, I'm pretty much hanging my head in shame that my fb friends can see that I'm arguing with a damn fundie on Facebook! Hahaha!

Oh I love the throw down that's happening. You KNOW you've hit a raw nerve when you have 8+ angry fundies responding to you with "you don't know what you're talking about, my family is different!"

Ironically, Erika posted this grid about judging/responding to large families and what correct and incorrect responses are. There is a column for a bunch of situations, like the mother being young, the mother having a lot of kids, the mother having many similarly-aged kids, and the only correct response is "What a beautiful family!"

Too bad the post doesn't mention the issue of children with same-sex parents. I doubt Erika's response would be "what a beautiful family!"

Ironically, Erika posted this grid about judging/responding to large families and what correct and incorrect responses are. There is a column for a bunch of situations, like the mother being young, the mother having a lot of kids, the mother having many similarly-aged kids, and the only correct response is "What a beautiful family!"

Too bad the post doesn't mention the issue of children with same-sex parents. I doubt Erika's response would be "what a beautiful family!"

Haha. Erika would not appreciate seeing same-sex parents I'm sure. The grid also doesn't mention someone with no children at all or just one child.

Haha. Erika would not appreciate seeing same-sex parents I'm sure. The grid also doesn't mention someone with no children at all or just one child.

Someone I know just asked about same sex families :) I have a bible verse for her if she responds like an ass hole, too!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived