IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

I had forgotten about the Halloween post. I jumped in there. I'm afraid Bob and Erika aren't evenly yoked.

:clap: I'm glad you offered to pray for them! My friend I did too, and added *hugs* for good measure right before she blew a gasket! :whistle:

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know where to begin with this!! What the HELL is Bob talking about??? Peer pressure in marriage? These examples are what he calls "tremendous peer pressure?" Now, more than ever, I really, really want in on the dynamics of this relationship! And is he worried about feeling pressured to start wearing skirts??

And Erika doesn't even surprise me with her ignorant, "gay-homosexual" comment. What a moron.

I believe that post is about him saying that a reason a husband might be resistant to all skirts is because he will feel pressured to "dress up" more.

Look, I am so far from the kind of person that thinks your clothes say anything about your moral character or skills or whether you should be hired. BUT I do know that denim skirts are not "dressing up." Like, come the fuck on. The vast majority of these families are not going around in fancy skirts all day long. Your jeans are still valid.

I wonder what Erika would do if Bob couldn't or wasn't working. Would she find a teaching job? Or wait it out til God provides?

I think Karen is so pretty, but I don't understand the kindergarten bangs haircut. Sorry...don't shoot me. Personal preference.

Didn't Erika also return some perfume gift for one of the girls because the pheromones were known to make men lust?

Sure did. Someone gave Karen (I think?) perfume for her birthday, and Erika said that perfume was a no-no because Bob had researched it and found it contained pheromones :o . People did point out to her that humans naturally give off pheromones, but of course, there's no telling Erika anything. Unless you are Bob. For obvious reasons.

She was also asked (I think? Can't find the post) what led Bob to google pheromones in perfumes in the first place, but I don't remember her answering that.

There are actually a lot of LGBTQ people! Harvey Milk's protest slogan of "10% of you are us!" is actually not that far off, if bisexual people are included as well. And most people are actually not very open. Yes, some people can be in your face, and I have done that as well. But that mainly happens when people first come out. One just gets so excited to be out that it's like HI I AM QUEER. QUEER QUEER QUEER at times.

Sure did. Someone gave Karen (I think?) perfume for her birthday, and Erika said that perfume was a no-no because Bob had researched it and found it contained pheromones :o . People did point out to her that humans naturally give off pheromones, but of course, there's no telling Erika anything. Unless you are Bob. For obvious reasons.

She was also asked (I think? Can't find the post) what led Bob to google pheromones in perfumes in the first place, but I don't remember her answering that.

They were going to buy Beyonce perfume, and something (the Lord, or Bob's loins, or whatever) led Bob to Google "Beyonce Heat Pheromones."

I wonder what Erika would do if Bob couldn't or wasn't working. Would she find a teaching job? Or wait it out til God provides?

I think Karen is so pretty, but I don't understand the kindergarten bangs haircut. Sorry...don't shoot me. Personal preference.

Well, she did have a job teaching in an elementary school, likely before she married. However, given the fact that she's aggressively anti-public school, I doubt she'd take a teaching job. There have been times where Bob was unemployed, including for about 5 months after the twins were born. I do recall a comment of hers somewhere on a modesty post about what she'd wear if she had to work.

If I were needing to work in a professional environment as you do then I would dress femininely while still trying to be in style. There's no sense in sticking out like a sore thumb in a situation I don't think personally. Everyone likes to be in style and fit in as much as is good, right, and practical. And this helps create good relationships with co-workers so that one can have a witness for Christ to them. If one is "weird" it's harder to be heard it seems to me. Like you said, your intellect is questioned and your level of respect hindered if you look odd.

I would wear fitted, strait skirts like I like to wear already because they are attractive on me and slimming-looking and because I, too, like to be in style, with a slit in the skirt in a modest spot (not up the front crotch area like some skirts do) for ease in mobility. I'd wear nice nylons and stylish shoes, and probably a fitted but not too tight or revealing top (no cleavage showing or sides of the breasts) because again it's attractive and in style; not frumpy or baggy. And I'd strive for stretchy fabrics as much as possible not because they look or should be tight but because they are so comfortable.

This is also the same comment where she talks about how having a man as a boss would be a problem because if the husband wanted to spend time with his wife and couldn't because the wife had work, than that is a problem, wife is submitting to boss not husband, and that is against God's plan for marriage.

OK This woman is starting to make Michelle Duggar look like a MENSA member. How can anyone be this stupid? I'm talking about the regular bullshit fundie stuff that makes me bang my head against a wall but the rest of it, like perfume being a no no. What happened in her life to jump on the crazy train?

.../snipped

This is also the same comment where she talks about how having a man as a boss would be a problem because if the husband wanted to spend time with his wife and couldn't because the wife had work, than that is a problem, wife is submitting to boss not husband, and that is against God's plan for marriage.

If Bob was unable to find a job, and Erika did, I don't think in some ways, Bob would have a problem with it at all. In the example of a husband wanting to spend time with his wife, but the wife having to stay at work instead, thereby submitting to the will of her boss and not her husband, I'm pretty sure Bob would be just fine being left alone by Erika.

Whether or not his fundy male pride could handle a working wife is another story though. You know, all that peer pressure he mentioned above, for the husband to work and the wife to stay home, poor Bob would be a mess. As would their house (although it would swiftly become Karen and Melanie's responsibility I'd imagine - so Bob could spend his days golfing or whatever he liked).

Anyone else tired of reading about Erika's crotch? Also, wtf on the "front crotch area." As opposed to...the side crotch? The back crotch?

OK This woman is starting to make Michelle Duggar look like a MENSA member. How can anyone be this stupid? I'm talking about the regular bullshit fundie stuff that makes me bang my head against a wall but the rest of it, like perfume being a no no. What happened in her life to jump on the crazy train?

Erika is a control freak. She likes the fundie lifestyle because there are strict rules to follow, which she can then make everyone else follow, not because she just wants things to be perfectly neat, but because God says so.

As far as Bob goes, I think Erika is absolutely the head of that household, while Bob is in name only. So when he dares to put forward an idea, like the pheromones thing, she runs with it to pay lip service to him as the supposed head of the family. But she's the real boss.

Because now we've got baaaacck crotch! You know it used to be mad love/So take a look what you've done/Because now we've got baaaaack crotch!

Sorry, I had to. There are so many "Bad Blood" parodies out... :embarrassed:

Does she think only Christian people like her can dress modestly? All us heathens don't like showing off our assets. Hell, I may be more modest than her girls because I won't wear a tank top in public.

Does Erika have real friends? I'm guessing she's like my mother (who I think, has since changed her ways) TRUST NOONE. YOUR FAMILY IS ALL YOU HAVE. NO ONE ELSE REALLY CARES ABOUT YOU.

Took a good long while to get over that indoctrination.

Ok, browsing the FB page. Under the "Enjoying Being At Home" post, someone with an unusual name (not posting cos privacy etc) commented the usual "I pray that I exemplify the importance of being a full time wife and mommy" and Erika replies "Our daughter, Melanie, and I think you have the prettiest name". It's a bit weird. I'm not criticising what Erika said per se, but it's just weird how she mentions Melanie thinks it's a pretty name. Also, the first name is kinda pretty, it's a Biblical name although probably more Jewish than Christian. The surname is rather odd. Like, I've never seen it before as a surname. Apparently it's legit, but it's the kind of surname that would likely attract a fair amount of teasing in school.

Also, she recently posted a photo of Spencer and a jigsaw map of America. The comment:

I just love it when the kids think they are done with school and so they "go play".

I'll leave it to you guys to see what you make of this. It sounds like classic Erika phrasing. "They think they're done with school but actually they're not". Unless I'm reading this wrong and it means they're done with formal school e.g. reading, writing, arithmetic etc and go on to "playing" which is actually an educational jigsaw. IDK.

iheartchacos: Probably. You may dress modestly, but since you're not Christian it makes no difference since you're going to hell anyway.

Ok, browsing the FB page. Under the "Enjoying Being At Home" post, someone with an unusual name (not posting cos privacy etc) commented the usual "I pray that I exemplify the importance of being a full time wife and mommy" and Erika replies "Our daughter, Melanie, and I think you have the prettiest name". It's a bit weird. I'm not criticising what Erika said per se, but it's just weird how she mentions Melanie thinks it's a pretty name. Also, the first name is kinda pretty, it's a Biblical name although probably more Jewish than Christian. The surname is rather odd. Like, I've never seen it before as a surname. Apparently it's legit, but it's the kind of surname that would likely attract a fair amount of teasing in school.

Also, she recently posted a photo of Spencer and a jigsaw map of America. The comment:

I'll leave it to you guys to see what you make of this. It sounds like classic Erika phrasing. "They think they're done with school but actually they're not". Unless I'm reading this wrong and it means they're done with formal school e.g. reading, writing, arithmetic etc and go on to "playing" which is actually an educational jigsaw. IDK.

iheartchacos: Probably. You may dress modestly, but since you're not Christian it makes no difference since you're going to hell anyway.

I think its Erika speak for "Look at what a good homeschooling mom I am! Even when they're not 'in school' they're still learning!"

I think its Erika speak for "Look at what a good homeschooling mom I am! Even when they're not 'in school' they're still learning!"

Yeah, I totally agree. She's all about the educational stuff. It's partly why she restricts Karen's and Melanie's fiction reading; non-fiction is "educational" and less likely to be "dodgy" (in Erika's eyes). Erika also only ever reads a novel when she's pregnant and feeling nauseous. Most of the time she reads non-fiction cos "there's always so much great material to read!" (her words) but during pregnancy/feeling sick she can't concentrate on it and is able to concentrate better on a novel.

She posted an article about getting your children to love reading. I don't know about anyone else, but my parents fostered a love of reading in me by letting me read just about anything I wanted.

Anyone else wondering if this is Bob talking directly about himself & Erika? Maybe he wasn't into the Christian fundie thing? Isn't she always trying to get him to lose weight with her smoothies & healthy meals?

I would wear fitted, strait skirts like I like to wear already because they are attractive on me and slimming-looking and because I, too, like to be in style, with a slit in the skirt in a modest spot (not up the front crotch area like some skirts do) for ease in mobility. I'd wear nice nylons and stylish shoes, and probably a fitted but not too tight or revealing top (no cleavage showing or sides of the breasts) because again it's attractive and in style; not frumpy or baggy. And I'd strive for stretchy fabrics as much as possible not because they look or should be tight but because they are so comfortable.

STRAIGHT. The word is STRAIGHT.

STRAIT is a body of water. STRAIGHT!

STRAIGHT....

STRAIGHT...

STRAIGHT...

Anyone else wondering if this is Bob talking directly about himself & Erika? Maybe he wasn't into the Christian fundie thing? Isn't she always trying to get him to lose weight with her smoothies & healthy meals?

Oh he's totally talking about Erika. I'm sure she's dragged him into a lot of things. Earlier a poster mentioned that Erika is the real leader of the family and that she only plays lip service to submission and I agree. I think Bob goes along with it because he is out of the house so much that he doesn't really care.

Apparently they exist. But I imagine they'd be pretty rare in comparison with other types of skirts.

post-418-14452000945276_thumb.jpg

What skirt has a slit up the front middle?

A whore's skirt, that's what!

Actually, after some preliminary googling, it seems like only the ultra-trendy brands marketed towards young women carry front-slit skirts. And they're mostly pretty modest.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived