IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

I'm tempted to jump in with Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Paul is listing all the major divisions of the time for the overall message that we are all one in Christ. Later verses mention all such believers, regardless of these divisions, being heirs to Christ's promise. And many liberal theologians read this verse as "neither male nor female" as encompassing gendered behavior as well (i.e. not being straight, not being the "typical" woman/man). I wonder what she'd say...

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Erika got out the old delete button on the CPS thread...

I am so bummed to have missed this. That's what I get for trying to focus on work. Damn.

She also got the block button out. I Sarabeth had a notification that Large Families had responded but got a Facebook error. When I, I mean when Sarabeth went to the page she can't comment anymore. Good thing I have lots of email addresses and a host of ancient family names that can be used.

She also got the block button out. I Sarabeth had a notification that Large Families had responded but got a Facebook error. When I, I mean when Sarabeth went to the page she can't comment anymore. Good thing I have lots of email addresses and a host of ancient family names that can be used.

I'm shocked that she blocked you but not me! And btw, that thread is still there...

We use them as nightlights. They flicker like real candles, come with timers, and they do look cool. Embarrassing but true.

I'm shocked that she blocked you but not me! And btw, that thread is still there...

Well I did go for the jugular twice, probably not the best way to introduce myself. lol Telling her that she's not evenly yoked and calling out her calling Melanie a co-parent probably caused her a few issues. I'm thinking Sarabeth might have to play dumb and send her a message. lol

Her usage of "Strait" applies to the jacket. However, I doubt that it's modest enough-- :roll:

(Edit--the above is in reference to Erika, of course--)

I have told her directly that her spelling was wrong but her response was that she didn't care or have time to correct it. We all know the words we struggle to spell especially when it has been pointed out and that one is not a hard one to correct. The better than everyone else attitude was clearly on display and she really does believe this about herself and everything she does.

The thread is still there, but Sarahbeth's replies are not. *smiles* *nods*

I think her reply to the woman whose 11 and 9-year-old hate staying home to be rather sad.

Well of course I don't know anything about your home or family - so considering that wink emoticon - First of all you can explain to them that this is really daily-daily life. It's not always exciting and new. And we need to learn to settle in. Appreciate the times when we're out, but that may only be... whatever, a few times a week including weekends. So expect that, and then choose to enjoy time at home. Also, you can ask them what would make their home extra pleasant for them? smile emoticon Would they like to homeschool (?) only 4 days a week, getting their school done in those days and then planning on doing something or having someone over that 4th day? Would they like some new music for at home? Or like to establish a movie night? Or game night? Or friends-over night? That could be cool. I don't know how old they are.

Some people just need to go out and do something outside the home on a regular basis to keep their sanity. I'm not that way, but Mr. Sebastian is. He can't stand being cooped up and almost lost it last winter when we were snowed in for a week. He's just one of those people that needs outside stimulation, and it could very well be that these children are the same way. It doesn't have to be a big event, it can be as simple as going on a hike or taking the dogs to the park, and it doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy time at home--just that he needs to get out and breathe fresh air and burn off excess energy. Not everyone can be mentally healthy staying inside for days on end confined inside a tiny playpen doing puzzles, Erika. :mouse-shock:

The thread is still there, but Sarahbeth's replies are not. *smiles* *nods*

I think her reply to the woman whose 11 and 9-year-old hate staying home to be rather sad.

Some people just need to go out and do something outside the home on a regular basis to keep their sanity. I'm not that way, but Mr. Sebastian is. He can't stand being cooped up and almost lost it last winter when we were snowed in for a week. He's just one of those people that needs outside stimulation, and it could very well be that these children are the same way. It doesn't have to be a big event, it can be as simple as going on a hike or taking the dogs to the park, and it doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy time at home--just that he needs to get out and breathe fresh air and burn off excess energy. Not everyone can be mentally healthy staying inside for days on end confined inside a tiny playpen doing puzzles, Erika. :mouse-shock:

Re: the bolded. My daughter was this way during snow days. She really needed social interaction because she is such an extravert. Usually on the second day or so of being snowed in, I'd notice her mood start to slip so I'd make a few phone calls and find another mom who'd be willing to let their child come over. My son is the opposite, he's a homebody and always loved to hang out in his room with just one friend, playing video games or watching movies. Even when he spent the night with a friend, he'd always come home by 8 a.m. because he just liked to be home and he's an introvert. It always amazed me that he chose the Marine Corps and travelled the world, living in close quarters with so many people.

Anyway, these fundies never allow for differences in their children. They all have to like the same thing, sleep at the same time, eat the same food, have the same social needs. Kind of off topic, but it especially irks me that Erika makes her kids get up so early. Teenagers actually NEED more sleep. They are not always being lazy when they sleep in - they are following their bodies' signals and giving it the sleep it needs. The fact that she had one of the older girls up in the middle of the night to feed a newborn is just mean. She and Bob made those babies - she and Bob need to care for them. If she can't care for the "Large Family on Purpose," without using her children like that, she's not the fantastic mother she claims to be.

Phew boy, someone over on the Planned Parenthood thread is having is out with Erika and her minions.

Some idiot said:

If they want to limit abortions to cases of actual rape (with police notified, etc. which are pretty much easily taken care of over the counter with the morning after pill - which I don't condone but is the lesser of two evils) and when the mother's life is in real danger I will get behind that. It isn't perfect, but it would eliminate almost all abortions and wouldn't be killing people because they are getting in the way of your plans. We don't kill the bank manager because he won't give us a loan to finance our dreams, why kill the baby that requires nine months of support before you can move on with your life? A woman's life is equally important to a fetus's life, and I suggest we don't kill either of them!

You heard it here first, ladies! A rape isn't a rape unless it's reported to police... :? :?

Well I did go for the jugular twice, probably not the best way to introduce myself. lol Telling her that she's not evenly yoked and calling out her calling Melanie a co-parent probably caused her a few issues. I'm thinking Sarabeth might have to play dumb and send her a message. lol

The comment about being unequally yoked was one of the most brilliant comments yet! Once again, BRAVO! :worship:

I wonder if she deleted ahem, Krystle's comment about the girls not choosing to be teen parents... :roll:

It's really pathetic that for all of her self-righteousness she can't stand by her own words and beliefs and is resorting to just deleting comments! :naughty:

Phew boy, someone over on the Planned Parenthood thread is having is out with Erika and her minions.

Some idiot said:

You heard it here first, ladies! A rape isn't a rape unless it's reported to police... :? :?

Sorry for yet another double post! This is EVIL! :pull-hair: I better stay out of that one... I'll surely get blocked and possibly completely unleash on this jackass! :wtf:

On her comment in the Rembis thread she responds to a comment about the world being afraid of bigs families and simply says, it's a statistical certainty.

What the hell is flop mom head talking about? She deleted the questioning comments.

On her comment in the Rembis thread she responds to a comment about the world being afraid of bigs families and simply says, it's a statistical certainty.

What the hell is flop mom head talking about? She deleted the questioning comments.

Some Erika-fan posted that the world was actually afraid of large families, and wondered what would happen when the children from large families grow up and continue to "fill their quivers", and what if they (quiverfull folk) became the majority. (Haha! As IF lady!!)

Then an FJ'er said in reply that people aren't afraid, rather they become concerned when they see families having lots of children they can't support and care for properly, and put adult responsibilities and chores on their older kids shoulders, older kids who didn't choose to be "teen parents". (Go you, FJ'er!!)

And then Erika said, in answer to the quiverfull woman, "It's a statistical certainty" Loony tunes Erika, thinking it's statical certainty that quiver full people will take over the US, or the world, or anything for that matter. Surely they should be busy caring for the 15 children rather than seeking world domination?

If they're planning on taking over the world, shouldn't they...I dunno...EDUCATE THEIR CHILDREN???!!!!!!

Who the hell is going to run the world after they've taken it over? Cos those dumbo, lazy, work-shy patriarchs like David are going to make a greaaaaaaaat job of it...

:angry-banghead:

Totally off topic but Erika's smugness about the quiverfull movement taking over reminds me of the one thing I've never understood about fundies. they're typically the ones arguing for less government, yet they want to impose a religion and a rule book on the entire nation. They want big government, they just want it to be called Christianity. People like Erika and Bob drive me nuts. Dumb as rocks and trying to outbreed their neighbors. :roll:

Some idiot said:

Nine months of support before you can move on with your life? Clearly this person has NEVER had kids. I'd say 20 years MINIMUM support, add on a few more years for each additional baby. Aside from that, stupid comment.

Totally off topic but Erika's smugness about the quiverfull movement taking over reminds me of the one thing I've never understood about fundies. they're typically the ones arguing for less government, yet they want to impose a religion and a rule book on the entire nation. They want big government, they just want it to be called Christianity. People like Erika and Bob drive me nuts. Dumb as rocks and trying to outbreed their neighbors. :roll:

Bingo- they want to get the government out of homes unless its their own religious government. I know it will never happen but I shudder to think if the government becomes populated and run by fundies. I truly think it would be akin to Taliban rule in Afghanistan, if not worse. I'm thinking Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale...

I'm already deeply upset that so many states have made it nearly impossible for a woman to get an abortion. We're regressing. :x

Nine months of support before you can move on with your life? Clearly this person has NEVER had kids. I'd say 20 years MINIMUM support, add on a few more years for each additional baby. Aside from that, stupid comment.

I'm sure that commenter means that you just have to support the fetus while it grows in you and then you can give it up for adoption and move on with your life. Like that's how it works... :angry-banghead:

I'm sure that commenter means that you just have to support the fetus while it grows in you and then you can give it up for adoption and move on with your life. Like that's how it works... :angry-banghead:

Ah, getcha. Still, this person has no idea. It exposes a key fundie trait: they don't give a shit about anything except how good they look for Jesus. Twats.

Some Erika-fan posted that the world was actually afraid of large families, and wondered what would happen when the children from large families grow up and continue to "fill their quivers", and what if they (quiverfull folk) became the majority. (Haha! As IF lady!!)

Then an FJ'er said in reply that people aren't afraid, rather they become concerned when they see families having lots of children they can't support and care for properly, and put adult responsibilities and chores on their older kids shoulders, older kids who didn't choose to be "teen parents". (Go you, FJ'er!!)

And then Erika said, in answer to the quiverfull woman, "It's a statistical certainty" Loony tunes Erika, thinking it's statical certainty that quiver full people will take over the US, or the world, or anything for that matter. Surely they should be busy caring for the 15 children rather than seeking world domination?

The FJer says, "thanks, just another day trying to talk simple logic to fundies." :wink-penguin:

There are countless reasons why there's not a chance of the crazies quivers ever being the "majority." :roll: It's truly laughable!

Did anyone read the "Spiritual Warfare" post she shared on Facebook this morning? Even with my church background a lot of the spiritual jargon didn't make much sense to me. :doh:

We use them as nightlights. They flicker like real candles, come with timers, and they do look cool. Embarrassing but true.

I love my timers on mine. I have a large group of white pillars in various types of clear glass holders on my white mantel. I would have to reach over my head (I"m short) to drag them down and light them if they were real, plus clean the holders more often. Safer, cleaner, easier and nice looking... I'm an embarrassed convert for most of the places I want candles....still burn a real one or two in winter.

I know very, very few people raised in large homeschooling families who grew up to have their own large homeschooling family. It doesn't work as well as people like Erika would like to claim.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived